Microplane foot file & buffer TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

All these comments about the top coming off are very odd. I bought one from eBay a while back and mine has a green cover over the back, the same material as the plastic on the file itself. It is very secure and never, ever comes off. I wonder why they seem to have changed the design :confused:

All these comments about the top coming off are very odd. I bought one from eBay a while back and mine has a green cover over the back, the same material as the plastic on the file itself. It is very secure and never, ever comes off. I wonder why they seem to have changed the design :confused:

Mine is the one with the green cover too. The only time the cover came off was when I inadvertently caught the 'corrugated' thumb section and it flicked off. It has been fine since.

Can I just ask how much the tsv price was please? I've been following this thread with interest and am now eyeing up some on ebay but don't want to pay too much!

Must admit the QVC model looks nothing like mine either.

Mine is 9 inches long and the shavings go into a well in the handle, then the plastic cover clips on to protect the metal surface. You just clip off the grater bit to empty.

Can I just ask how much the tsv price was please? I've been following this thread with interest and am now eyeing up some on ebay but don't want to pay too much!

The TSV prices was £17.39 and that got you the file and the buffer.

Word of warning. I thought it would be a good idea to finish off my pedicure by using the buffer on the top part of my feet. Not a good idea. I am now covered in small cuts and have had to apply several plasters to each foot because the delicate skin won't stop bleeding! Will I never learn?!

Word of warning. I thought it would be a good idea to finish off my pedicure by using the buffer on the top part of my feet. Not a good idea. I am now covered in small cuts and have had to apply several plasters to each foot because the delicate skin won't stop bleeding! Will I never learn?!

Owwwwwwwwww :eek:

Hope the bleeding stops soon and it heals quickly for you!!!

Thanks Sazza! It just seemed like a good idea to finish off with a quick all over buff. What I should have done was to use a foot exfoliating treament. All I was after was nice looking feet and now I am covered in plasters - very attractive! :rolleyes:

Ouch!

Hi,
Thanks for the warning - that sounds very nasty. I hope it heals soon.
:eek::eek:

I couldn't watch any of the shows without gagging but I did order it, I used it last night for the first time and IT'S FAB!!!!!!
I've used pumice stones, foot sandpaper files, scratchy creams, balsan etc and this is the one product that I'm really happy with. You can do as little or as much as you like and, unlike balsan, just the bit that you want doing is affected.

Warning - Must be done in solitude, over the bath to avoid scattering of dry stuff and the background retching noises of any onlookers.

Very happy with the product but I cannot bear to watch anyone else doing this :)

It is fantastic, I've been using the buffer for a few days and having some quiet time today thought I'd try the file on some stubborn dry skin on the side of my feet. Wow nothing I have tried in the past has achieved these results, smooth softer skin for the first time in ages. I've had a Scholl footfile and it was good but nothing like this. I do think I have particularly hard dry skin on my feet so for me it is well worth it, especially as the file and buffer were £25.00 each at HQ Hair.

Ok, here goes - this is my verdict on the Microplane. The results for me are no different from the Scholl. I was used to good results from the Scholl and so anticipated some unbelievable results from the Microplane but the result is exactly the same. The Scholl file is double sided for filing and buffing. The two systems look different because the Scholl is the sandpaper type but the only difference is in the price and not the results from my experience. Since the receptical cover does not stay on and the shavings also fly out of the grater end there is no advantage in that respect from the Microplane.

( Scholl Party Feet Smoothing Foot File )

I've been using a double sided Scholl one too and was very pleased (in Sainsburys it was next to the one you have) but reduced to £3.70ish and the other one was around £5.

I was VERY impressed and my feet look and feel VERY good.

But each time I used the TSV one it gets more sandy powder off again - I have used it each day but lightly......

So while I was pleased with what I had before, for me, this one is currently better.....I probably have feet like a rhino and needed the grating action :eek:

I'm loving mine too. It was supposed to be for mum but after having a little go of it I couldn't part with it. I did put it in boiling water to clean it and used it on my mum's feet too (I know not allowed!) but neither of us have any foot problems. Should have bought two of them!

I love wearing sandals and always like my feet to look good. I will continue to use both the Scholl foot file and the Microplane because they are good, so much better than any electrical pedicure sets that I have wasted my money on in the past. Of course in future I will never file the top of my feet again! The plasters will hopefully come off tomorrow!

Having short tendons and very hard skin on my feet, my OH says I was walking round barefoot on home grown tyres :D. The microfile is brilliant, I am gently shaving off the hard skin to reveal something that looks like passable feet instead of something on the end of my legs for getting round.

I regret not buying this when it was TSV after reading all the positive comments. I was trying to find it on the QVC web site but can't. Does anybody kniw the item number for this? TIA

I looked for it too.

I tried everthing I could think of. Eventually did a search on 'tools for feet' and got a picture of a ladder!!!!

Latest posts

Back