Micro fleece TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
I originally quite liked this,this morning,for my teens,but decided against as none of the colours were really suitable.

Then I saw it was 100% polyester :sad::sad: and I really am not buying it now.

Makes me laugh how on all the NN shows they slag off polyester and go on about do you remember it in the 70's??!! (I do,and thats why I don't want my kids to sleep in polyester!!)

I do like my NN and was hoping for a suitable non floral flannel TSV coming up for them.......but this possibly why we've not had a flannel TSV (which I thought was usual?)

Last edited:
It just doesn't breathe, and is extremely uncomfortable to sleep under.

As rainbowdottie says, if Le Q has converted people to NN by slagging off the old poly bedding of the 70s, it seems a tad backward to then encourage people to buy a polyester micro fleece.

Talk about mixed messages! :taphead:

I have to be prised out of my fleeces in the winter but there's no way I would want to sleep under one! Apart from being too hot, surely it would snag and catch like the old nylon sheets used to? :eek:

The only plus would be nothing stains fleece, a quick tumble dry and no ironing.

(I thought I read somewhere fleece was made from recycled plastic bottles??)

I was quite liking the look/idea of this until I saw that it was 100% polyester too - ewwww!!! I saw in Primark the fleece onesies and pyjamas they are selling as well - it just makes me recoil in horror the thought of that in bed - toooo hot and can't be good for sleeping. Still have the window open at night time at the moment (storm force winds allowing!), if we get snow that will stop though! I have to say that I AM on the lookout for a lovely flannel nightshirt/nightdress (seriously).....

I bought two pairs of Carole Hochman's micro fleece pj's last year and couldn't wear them, they were much too warm, so no way would I buy todays tsv.

I wanted 2 single sets but they had sold out. Glad they had now I've come on here! I'm really after 2 singles plain northern nights in flannel . I won't buy them if they are all sizes one price either. I don't suppose we'll have to wait long for a northern nights tsv to come along. Whether it's flannel and a reasonable price is a different matter.

But sweeties, we're in the 21st century now and we have up to date technology and think of the micro-fleece things you wear to the gym (what gym!) wel,l so said the presenter this morning trying to flog the stuff

For those of you want northern nights, there is ANOTHER TSV from them on Friday 13th January. No idea what to expect in it.
Kat

I'm a "woman of age" and absolutely need to wear and sleep in natural fibres in bed. I understand that polyester is made from petro-chemicals (??), which puts me off for some reason.

Linda xx

I have to be prised out of my fleeces in the winter but there's no way I would want to sleep under one! Apart from being too hot, surely it would snag and catch like the old nylon sheets used to? :eek:

The only plus would be nothing stains fleece, a quick tumble dry and no ironing.

(I thought I read somewhere fleece was made from recycled plastic bottles??)

Only if you've got rough toe nails and corns luv !

Linda xx

To put the cat amongst the pigeons - I bought the try me set made from the micro fleece (the set the presenters were showing almost all 5* reviews for) and I love it! I've ALWAYS slept in high count bedding and love the feel of pima sateen cotton, but I have a condition that makes me sweat even when I'm freezing (urgh, I know!). Well, this stuff knocks spots off all my HE bedding where just a sheet would cost more than the whole set. It's soft, cuddly and, believe it or not, it DOES breathe!

It's so much more comfortable for me as the sweat evaporates in record time (I only have to give my duvet a little flap off me and it dries in the seconds it takes to drop back down). I'm not lying in freezing cold, soggy cotton that hurts my skin, instead I'm warm and cocooned - and DRY! I can't tell you all what a difference this has made to my sleep pattern.

Yes, it might seem warmer than natural fibres but I feel that the little fibre "fingers" seem to let the air circulate. It's SO cuddly that even as soon as I jump into bed there's no cold shock or taking ages to warm my feet. If anyone's too warm under it, I'd suggest switching back to your summer weight duvet (we tried it over the last week as it's been so mild and it was warm enough with a 4.5 tog down duvet. Our normal winter duvet is a 13.5 tog down but it still wasn't too hot).

And the ultimate endorsement? DH moaning his backside off when I said I'd ordered it to try, but loving it so much he's asked me to order spares!

PS Washing and drying are so much easier and quicker - I can actually manage to throw this set over the line myself with no help as it's so much lighter than cotton. It dries in no time on the line or in the dryer, saving money and a lot of time running back and forth between showers.

LOVE IT!!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing alter ego. I ordered as I like to make up my own mind. Will let you know once tried what I think.

Thanks from me too alterego. I've ordered one too as I thought it may be easier to manage than the heavy cotton. I was worried about the heat thing too as it sounds as if I have a similar problem to you (bliddy miserable isn't it?) and sometimes have to get up to change the bedding during the night. I'm much more hopeful after reading your post.

I ordered one of the TSV sets for my dad as I worry about him feeling the cold as he won't put his heating on as much as he should. It is showing as dispatched so hopefully will be delivered on Monday and then I can put it on his bed for him.......... and then wait for his review. He is so difficult to buy for, at times. :thinking:

Mine arrived this morning and OMG what was I thinking when I ordered this!!!!!
I looks awful in the room like a big overstuffed baby cot,and feels just wrong to be sleeping on.Brentford Nylons came to mind again!!
My room is contemporary and modern and my husband nearly wet himself when he saw it..not one of my best purchaces for sure.It will be returned forthwith!!!

The sheet set is gorgeous. It is snug, warm and not uncomfortable to sleep in at all. Very pleased as I am someone that hates to be too warm in bed. Also put a set on my 15 year old daughters bed who is a fussy so and so. She adored it too. Have ordered the try me duvet set now based on how nice this feels.

The sheet set is gorgeous. It is snug, warm and not uncomfortable to sleep in at all. Very pleased as I am someone that hates to be too warm in bed. Also put a set on my 15 year old daughters bed who is a fussy so and so. She adored it too. Have ordered the try me duvet set now based on how nice this feels.

Glad you like it - I always feel bad if someone buys one of my recs then hates it (I'd never make a shopping telly presenter!). Like you, I hate being too warm in bed (instant sweats!), but equally hate being cold in bed (horrible cold soggy sweats!!). Hope you continue to enjoy iy.

I've had the full set for a few weeks now and will not be parted from it - maybe I can have my QVC coffin lined with it :-D.

PS Dontcha just love fussy teenagers ;-)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back