Micheala and her tarts ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
I've yet to find after melting numerous Yankee tarts over and over again, never once I'm I left with just a very small tiny amount of wax.

Now is the Yankee expert who supposed to know her brand correct and thus I'm doing the tart melting wrong ? :tongue:

:thinking:

The tarts take ages to disappear as regard the wax, but the fragrance does fade. I can't actually remember Michaela saying the tarts would disappear.

The tarts take ages to disappear as regard the wax, but the fragrance does fade. I can't actually remember Michaela saying the tarts would disappear.

In the 1pm show she clearly said you should only melt the tarts for eight hours and you will be left with only a very small amount of wax which you should pop out.

:doh:

Yep, I've heard her say that many times over the years. I've been using the tarts for ages and have only ever seen a very small reduction of the wax. I honestly don't know what Michaela is talking about. Also, I always get far more than 8 hours out of my tarts. Sometimes I've had at least double that amount of hours. You do have to wonder whether she uses them at all.

Yep, I've heard her say that many times over the years. I've been using the tarts for ages and have only ever seen a very small reduction of the wax. I honestly don't know what Michaela is talking about. Also, I always get far more than 8 hours out of my tarts. Sometimes I've had at least double that amount of hours. You do have to wonder whether she uses them at all.

I find her patronising and has even said before that she doesn't have candles because of her young child! Probably not a good thing to say on air and then later go on about 'when I burn this set...'!!!
Re the tarts I find they last about 12 hours fragrance wise which at £1 each from my local stockist, no p&p, and I can choose exactly the fragrances I want, they work out cheaper than the large jars and I can have them on for as long as I want without worrying about tunnelling! There is however always loads of wax whether I use each one a dozen times or have it on for 12hours in one go. The woman's a liar and has proved to be many times before on this forum.

The wax does not burn away with the wax tarts. The fragrance dissipates and becomes less noticeable over time, but the wax always remains. I've used Yankee tarts and tarts from other ranges as well as the vastly superior ones Darls makes - and the wax is always remaining long after the fragrance has left...

I do wonder sometimes whether Michaela does use the range she promotes...as she does seem to make quite a few slip ups and mistakes...

The wax does not burn away with the wax tarts. The fragrance dissipates and becomes less noticeable over time, but the wax always remains. I've used Yankee tarts and tarts from other ranges as well as the vastly superior ones Darls makes - and the wax is always remaining long after the fragrance has left...

I do wonder sometimes whether Michaela does use the range she promotes...as she does seem to make quite a few slip ups and mistakes...

I agree with you about Darls tarts being superior, the scent lasts waaaaaaay longer than any other tarts I have bought.

I occasionally burn tarts, as a change from a jar candle (especially as recently the candles seem to have a 'chemical/petrol' smell to them, compared to another brand I also burn) but I get caught out because the tealights seem to burn down so quickly. I spend my time lighting new ones in order to keep the scent 'going.' Or maybe the 3 hours burn time just passes quickly because I'm having so much fun. :wink:

I occasionally burn tarts, as a change from a jar candle (especially as recently the candles seem to have a 'chemical/petrol' smell to them, compared to another brand I also burn) but I get caught out because the tealights seem to burn down so quickly. I spend my time lighting new ones in order to keep the scent 'going.' Or maybe the 3 hours burn time just passes quickly because I'm having so much fun. :wink:

The tarts are only cheaper if you don't use the Yankee 'tart warmers'. As Jim Royal would say... 'Tart warmers my ar$e!!!' They are tealights that Yankee gives a different name to in order to charge 5 times as much!!! I use the bag of 100 from Ikea which only cost a couple of quid and aren't the tiny thin ones that you get from the cheapo shops. They last about 4 1/2 hours for me.

A QVC "expert" gets their facts wrong?

I'm so shocked here! :wink:

The tarts are only cheaper if you don't use the Yankee 'tart warmers'. As Jim Royal would say... 'Tart warmers my ar$e!!!' They are tealights that Yankee gives a different name to in order to charge 5 times as much!!! I use the bag of 100 from Ikea which only cost a couple of quid and aren't the tiny thin ones that you get from the cheapo shops. They last about 4 1/2 hours for me.

Me too.
:nod:

Ikea tea lights for me too

I use the chepo tea lights too. I have tried using the yankee ones but noticed no differance what so ever other than the price being over double the cost at the till.

I get annoyed too when she says always light your candles for a min of 3 hours so the wax hits the sides and you get your moneys worth. I've had some flavours burning from morning till just before I go to bed at night and they still haven't hit the blooming side:headbang: I end up getting a spoon and pushing the wax down or getting a knife and cutting it off.:wonder:

I use the bag of 100 from Ikea which only cost a couple of quid and aren't the tiny thin ones that you get from the cheapo shops. They last about 4 1/2 hours for me.

:mysmilie_504:

I've only got scented ones from Ikea at the moment, so will pick some 'plain' ones up when I'm in there next. I stupidly assumed that no other type could be used with the Yankee tarts. :blush:

I MUST stop listening to the QVC "salesman hype" ......... it'll be a lot cheaper!

homebase t lights £2.99 for 100 burn time 5 hours. my daughter started using poundland and they ooze wax into the holder so i dont reccommend them.

A QVC "expert" gets their facts wrong?

I'm so shocked here! :wink:

You'll be yet again, I'm afraid.

Now as well Micheala the Yankee expert shows us this evening half of a broken tart adding a bit from another tart of a different scent.
Clearly saying that will leave you with more ! wax but also not to think the more wax remaining will have any fragrance left.
If she could explain how 1/2 a tart plus a bit added from another will make more than one whole tart, I'd really be interested.

:doh:

Latest posts

Back