Micellar Cleansing Water - What's the difference between High St and QVC brands???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mainly wondering if the cheaper brands are close to the more expensive ones on QVC! They look similar but hard to tell. I find most Toners to drying and generally stay away from them!

A changer of toner would probably sort that out... There are different types of toner, but you probably need a hydrating toner. Best to be sparing with toners, as the excess of any toner will evaporate and you will get a drying effect, regardless of what it says on the bottle, in my experience...

Avoid alcohol in a toner if you get a drying feeling. They tighten your skin (and give the appearance of closing up your pores) and you may get a tightening feeling (not the same as the tingle you get with an acid toner...). My personal favourite is Clarins Extra Comfort Toning Lotion... but look for hyluronic acid and aloe vera as ingredients for moisturising, but you can get good products for less. My other go-to is Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic.

A changer of toner would probably sort that out... There are different types of toner, but you probably need a hydrating toner. Best to be sparing with toners, as the excess of any toner will evaporate and you will get a drying effect, regardless of what it says on the bottle, in my experience...

Avoid alcohol in a toner if you get a drying feeling. They tighten your skin (and give the appearance of closing up your pores) and you may get a tightening feeling (not the same as the tingle you get with an acid toner...). My personal favourite is Clarins Extra Comfort Toning Lotion... but look for hyluronic acid and aloe vera as ingredients for moisturising, but you can get good products for less. My other go-to is Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic.

Thanks, have never felt comfortable with any Toner but will try your suggestions. :mysmilie_59:

I ordered the Decleor one yesterday. I go to the gym straight after work and needed something quick to get my make-up off. Don't think I'd fancy it for my my everyday cleanser but as an alternative to working out in a full face of make up I hope it does the job!!

I would be hung, drawn and quartered by AY as I use the dread cleansing wipes!

*Whispers* I sometimes do, too.:giggle: I put a lot of effort into my skincare, but they're just so handy if it's late and you're too tired to spend ages. I've got a pack of Simple Micellar wipes and Simple Micellar eye wipes on the go at the moment - they're wetter than the normal wipes, which I like. Means you're not having to scrub at your eyes quite so much to remove make-up. I just finished a bottle of Caudalie Micellar water, which was nice, and am now using the pink Garnier one. I am still looking for the holy grail of make-up removers, where it melts off cleanly in one wipe (other than the face wash ones, like the Eve Lom Cleansing balm).

Thanks, have never felt comfortable with any Toner but will try your suggestions. :mysmilie_59:

I use the Pixi Glow Tonic, which I like. Do think it brightens the skin a bit, smells nice, and is exfoliating, too.

I thought I was using the Garnier micellar water but it is actually the L'Oreal one! It gets my eye makeup off well including the Mally shadow stick

*Whispers* I sometimes do, too.:giggle: I put a lot of effort into my skincare, but they're just so handy if it's late and you're too tired to spend ages. I've got a pack of Simple Micellar wipes and Simple Micellar eye wipes on the go at the moment - they're wetter than the normal wipes, which I like. Means you're not having to scrub at your eyes quite so much to remove make-up. I just finished a bottle of Caudalie Micellar water, which was nice, and am now using the pink Garnier one. I am still looking for the holy grail of make-up removers, where it melts off cleanly in one wipe (other than the face wash ones, like the Eve Lom Cleansing balm).

I think the really important thing is that you do something to cleanse your face. It might not be perfect to use cleansing wipes or micellar water, but it must surely be better than going to bed with the day's grime or makeup (or both) sat on your face.

I would however qualify that and say it is better to keep using wipes or MW as an exception rather than the rule.

I think the really important thing is that you do something to cleanse your face. It might not be perfect to use cleansing wipes or micellar water, but it must surely be better than going to bed with the day's grime or makeup (or both) sat on your face.

I would however qualify that and say it is better to keep using wipes or MW as an exception rather than the rule.

Yes, I probably use the wipes 2-3 nights a week, followed by toner, serum and moisturiser, and do a proper cleanse the rest of the time and every morning. Just find them handy for those lazy nights, when I've had a bath but haven't washed my hair.

Latest posts

Back