Mature models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is not about the mature models but I didn't really want to start a new thread, but what the flippin' hell do the new Asian/Black models look like being wheeled out wearing dresses with thick woollen jumpers and leggings underneath summer dresses. Why are these 2 beautiful models being sent out looking like bag ladies? Ok it could be that their religion doesn't allow them to show any flesh, but surely the dresses could be styled with long boots, not sure about the arms but a woolly jumper? what about a light chiffon scarf tied around the neck instead of woollen polo neck? - Q, surely you can do better than this. The other day the taller lady was sent out wearing a dress, a jumper, a jacket, leggings and a handbag - The poor lass looked like a clothes stand that someone had literally thrown their clothes at! In the Finery hour the BA was using this "layering" as a selling point, saying how you can wear these dresses all year round, you can I suppose, if you don't mind what you look like!

Last edited:
This is not about the mature models but I didn't really want to start a new thread, but what the flippin' hell do the new Asian/Black models look like being wheeled out wearing dresses with thick woollen jumpers and leggings underneath summer dresses. Why are these 2 beautiful models being sent out looking like bag ladies? Ok it could be that their religion doesn't allow them to show any flesh, but surely the dresses could be styled with long boots, not sure about the arms but a woolly jumper? what about a light chiffon scarf tied around the neck instead of woollen polo neck? - Q, surely you can do better than this. The other day the taller lady was sent out wearing a dress, a jumper, a jacket, leggings and a handbag - The poor lass looked like a clothes stand that someone had literally thrown their clothes at! In the Finery hour the BA was using this "layering" as a selling point, saying how you can wear these dresses all year round, you can I suppose, if you don't mind what you look like!
I agree, have been debating whether or not to comment. Obviously, the models cover up for religious reasons, so in real life would wear nice clothes , designed with higher necklines, sleeves, and longer length, or trousers/ leggings with a nice top. QVC have such clothes , so why not show those of us who like more conservative garmentswhat they have on offer. I like to cover my arms and décolletage, not for religious reasons, but when you get to a certain age, some things are better covered up!

I have noticed with Q for a very long time, there are sometimes dresses that I like but why oh why do they all have to be sleeveless, that I would not be seen outside my house in. There comes a time when you need to cover the top of your arms almost down to the elbows which I also happen to think it quite flattering.

I have noticed with Q for a very long time, there are sometimes dresses that I like but why oh why do they all have to be sleeveless, that I would not be seen outside my house in. There comes a time when you need to cover the top of your arms almost down to the elbows which I also happen to think it quite flattering.
I avoided sleeveless for 30 years so understand your frustration with lack of sleeved dresses. Just recently I have started wearing sleeveless tops and it was great. A benefit of menopause is becoming invisible and just wanting to be me and stop trying to please others and not really caring what others think, especially strangers in the shops, road etc. I am trying not to punish myself by setting rules such as no sleeveless, no cake until I have cleaned the cupboards etc Just my experience

I avoided sleeveless for 30 years so understand your frustration with lack of sleeved dresses. Just recently I have started wearing sleeveless tops and it was great. A benefit of menopause is becoming invisible and just wanting to be me and stop trying to please others and not really caring what others think, especially strangers in the shops, road etc. I am trying not to punish myself by setting rules such as no sleeveless, no cake until I have cleaned the cupboards etc Just my experience
I can certainly see your point, I too pkease only myself these days, the tops of my arms are awful. The women in my family, gran, mother and aunties all had awful flabby tops of arms. I often think some of our bodies is in our genes.

From what I’ve seen the QVC presenters rarely verbally engage with the models. Ideal World hosts included them as very much part of a clothing show - asking them about the clothes, the fit etc. It was actually quite a useful way of doing things, I thought. Still, I suspect with some of 1970s‘ former Cushionflor (other defunct linoleum brands are available) clothing they are told to parade about in, asking them to give honest opinions of the awnin…garments on top of looking like a grinning Crossroads extra would not increase sales.

From what I’ve seen the QVC presenters rarely verbally engage with the models. Ideal World hosts included them as very much part of a clothing show - asking them about the clothes, the fit etc. It was actually quite a useful way of doing things, I thought. Still, I suspect with some of 1970s‘ former Cushionflor (other defunct linoleum brands are available) clothing they are told to parade about in, asking them to give honest opinions of the awnin…garments on top of looking like a grinning Crossroads extra would not increase sales.
I agree, and when they do it's only to ask how tall they are, or what size they're wearing. Fgs, they should be given this information at the start of the show. Some of the models don't even smile, I mean I'm not surprised but it doesn't help sell the clothes either. The IW models were part of the family and it made a difference!

Agreed. They always look so flippin’ miserable…
E5FC324D-D302-4DCD-BBE3-AF2822A5607C.jpeg

Couldnt agree more. I realise its all about "diversity", but common sense is needed as well. I doubt if many Asian ladies of another religion would buy their clothes from QVC, they tend to buy from their own community fashion stores, as I've seen in the Bury Park area of Luton.

Another 'gripe' is the lack of movement by the models. They just stand stock still with a pose front and sideways, with the rare twirl to see the back view. Whatever happened to the catwalk ? we need to see movement in clothes. (I see ageing Tiff is still glued to her ridiculous 20 something extensions, your hands give you away love !)

Couldnt agree more. I realise its all about "diversity", but common sense is needed as well. I doubt if many Asian ladies of another religion would buy their clothes from QVC, they tend to buy from their own community fashion stores, as I've seen in the Bury Park area of Luton.

Another 'gripe' is the lack of movement by the models. They just stand stock still with a pose front and sideways, with the rare twirl to see the back view. Whatever happened to the catwalk ? we need to see movement in clothes. (I see ageing Tiff is still glued to her ridiculous 20 something extensions, your hands give you away love !)
T rarely turns around, post 'hair' (at least when I watched) She's hanging on to love Island by having it over her shoulders forward facing. Looks thin & shite when/if she turns. They/she annoy me. Vanity can be so cruel.

Oh, yes. Hitting 50 gave me fantastic confidence to wear what the hell I like and call out behaviour that I'd have ignored when younger.

I come across as an angry witch but actually am happier than I've ever been in myself. I only wish I'd had this head on my younger self's body. I suspect it happens to lots of women.

I like the older models providing they suit the style given. My bugbear is shirts which are tucked in when you want to see the length & tops or dresses where the arm area is covered so you can't see if the shape of the arm hole is fully covering the shoulder.

I'm rather tall so always look for tops that are long enough suit me. I get really annoyed as I need the length and it's not given a lot of the time. On top of that the model usually has the front tucked in :mad:

I'm rather tall so always look for tops that are long enough suit me. I get really annoyed as I need the length and it's not given a lot of the time. On top of that the model usually has the front tucked in :mad:
Or they are carrying a basket/bag,sometimes with that stupid rubber baguette in it(whatever happened to that!?) or their long swishy hair is hanging everywhere so you can’t see the garments properly.

I saw Tiff the other evening doing her thing on a "Marla" show ( for around ten minutes). My God has she had some work done! I actually felt quite sorry for her. She looked so young from a distance until, as you say Brissels, you see her hands, and neck. Not good. I hope she's happy with herself.

I saw Tiffany live, as it were, on a show on the Q the other day with the ‘wig’, hair extensions or whatever - oh dear!

She won’t be available for the hair thickening, hair growth products she used to promote in the future with a syrup ..

I saw Tiffany live, as it were, on a show on the Q the other day with the ‘wig’, hair extensions or whatever - oh dear!

She won’t be available for the hair thickening, hair growth products she used to promote in the future with a syrup ..
I’m all for making the most of yourself but Tiff is unnatural to me, give me Joanna Lumley any day.😊
Indeed, JL has a personality.

I like the older models providing they suit the style given. My bugbear is shirts which are tucked in when you want to see the length & tops or dresses where the arm area is covered so you can't see if the shape of the arm hole is fully covering the shoulder.
And where the garment is available in more than one colour but the model is dressed in the black or navy ”colour way” so it’s virtually impossible to see the detail, fit etc.

Latest posts

Back