Mary Portas again...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Dippy One

Guest Shopper
Just see this post on Facebook from Decleor's Fiona Brackenbury "Fiona Brackenbury
Watch Mary Portas, Channel 4 wednesday at 9pm i am working with mobile phone sales guys teaching them good customer service x" I didn't know Decleor were a mobile phone company.... :wonder:

I maybe be completely wrong as I don't watch too many of the Decleor shows.
I thought Fiona's position was one of therapis/brand teaching and product development together with QVC'S representive.
I didn't realise she was like Liz Earle's Caroline Archer who's their Customer Service and QVC'S representive.

Next week, join Fiona as she teaches her Grandmother to suck eggs.

KIDDING.

Maybe there's going to be some sort of collaboration between the mobile phone networks and Decleor, so we get Aromessence Nokia, Excellence D'3G Anti Ageing Cream and Sys-SIM Corps... :wait:

Not forgetting the I-Ris!!! I'm sure every call will be phenomenal, what we're renowned in the industry for, amazing.

:devil: :doh: :blush:​

I could really kick myself now as Hubby was on the phone to Carphone Warehouse last week, securing the best deal on a new phone/contract for our DD. :wonder: :wink:

:sweat:

Silly me :phone: I should have told them both to ring up on the Decleor show and consult with Fiona the mobile phone customer service expert.

:grin:

:flower:
Just see this post on Facebook from Decleor's Fiona Brackenbury "Fiona Brackenbury
Watch Mary Portas, Channel 4 wednesday at 9pm i am working with mobile phone sales guys teaching them good customer service x" I didn't know Decleor were a mobile phone company.... :wonder:

Did anyone see Fiona Brackenbury on Mary Portas? :flower:

Welcome back KTWB... I did and all it was was trying to get the mobile phone workers to sell decleor to female shoppers..... Someone else will probably explain it better than me.

i saw it was like ooh it's fiona didn't think she sold in stores though like shown last night

The mobile phone guys were basically trying to sell but not listening to what the customers were saying so not finding out what they actually wanted. In the exercise they were meant to ask the customers questions and listen to their responses before suggesting Decleor products for them.

I saw the programme and wondered if they picked Fiona as she is used to being on the telly. Agree with Mary Portas about how off putting mobile phone shops are, very non customer centered. I would love to see what Mary P would make of QVC's sellling techniques and some of the waffle they come out with to try and get a sale.

I saw the programme and wondered if they picked Fiona as she is used to being on the telly. Agree with Mary Portas about how off putting mobile phone shops are, very non customer centered. I would love to see what Mary P would make of QVC's sellling techniques and some of the waffle they come out with to try and get a sale.

I'm guessing Mary P must be a QVC shopper if she is asking Fiona on to her show :tongue: hehehe

It appeared from the show that Fiona was just a 'beauty consultant' in a large store (Selfridges or such - they didn't show which). And she was just advising the 'men' on how to ask the customer their needs rather than sell them the latest phone even if that was not what the customer wanted. Just to make a sale.

The main thing that has come across in all these programmes is these days 'Sales Assistants' (I use that term loosely!) are not asking the correct questions of the customers. Last week in DFS Mary asked if a pure white fabric sofa would be suitable for a teenager and his mates in their university digs - the assistant said it would be fine!!!!!!

I am just watching this and Fiona was only on briefly and it was a good exercise to teach the phone guys about customer service.

One of the guys was so arrogant it was unreal, and I agree with Mary that phone shop customer service is terrible. Awful jargon and terribly hard to work out what to buy and get the best deal.

I personally learn a lot about products from QVC; much more than in any shop. I would not know today about high thread counts sheets, skin care that has helped my rosacea, Dawn that has introduced me to the craft which I adore and has added to my life. I know more about TV's and computers too. I don't necessarily buy all these things from QVC but it has helped me understand the products I buy on the high street and made me a much more savvy shopper.

Mrs James

:mysmilie_61: Just read the review on Mary's website dated 1st February from Mrs James. Now is it from THE MRS JAMES or have you got a doppelganger too? :giggle: :giggle:

I am just watching this and Fiona was only on briefly and it was a good exercise to teach the phone guys about customer service.

One of the guys was so arrogant it was unreal, and I agree with Mary that phone shop customer service is terrible. Awful jargon and terribly hard to work out what to buy and get the best deal.

I personally learn a lot about products from QVC; much more than in any shop. I would not know today about high thread counts sheets, skin care that has helped my rosacea, Dawn that has introduced me to the craft which I adore and has added to my life. I know more about TV's and computers too. I don't necessarily buy all these things from QVC but it has helped me understand the products I buy on the high street and made me a much more savvy shopper.

I HATE, HATE and dare I say it HATE! buying electricals in this country. The sales assistance do not seem to know what they talk about and just want a quick sale. I needed a new washingmachine just lately and asked the sales assistant in a big store how many rpm the machine had, he had no idea what I was on about - what the hell was he doing there? At least on QVC they go through the specifications so you get a rough idea wat the procuct can do for you

...I needed a new washingmachine just lately and asked the sales assistant in a big store how many rpm the machine had, he had no idea what I was on about - what the hell was he doing there? At least on QVC they go through the specifications so you get a rough idea wat the procuct can do for you

Once you realise they haven't a clue though, don't you think they are fair game? I love to rip into them until they are slinking off into a corner, licking their wounds!! :grin:

I do my homework before I go shopping for something and there's nothing worse than asking a question and the sales assistant saying "doesn't it say on the sign" and then marching up to it to read it. NO IT BLIDDY DOESNT or I wouldn't be asking...

They should swot up on their products or risk being mashed :blush:

I have to say I was in stitches watching the mobile phone episode, thanks to recently watching the sitcom Phoneshop - that "H" (and his brother!) would have fitted right into the Sutton branch!
And I did let out a little squeak - OMG it's Fiona!!! - when she came on. Hubby was supremely disinterested though!

Once you realise they haven't a clue though, don't you think they are fair game? I love to rip into them until they are slinking off into a corner, licking their wounds!! :grin:

I do my homework before I go shopping for something and there's nothing worse than asking a question and the sales assistant saying "doesn't it say on the sign" and then marching up to it to read it. NO IT BLIDDY DOESNT or I wouldn't be asking...

They should swot up on their products or risk being mashed :blush:

Totally utterly and complety agree with you. How dare a company just hire staff to train them to be a checkout assistant, what about product information training??? Oh how I miss trained sales staff. Have to say I am very impressed with sales staff in John Lewis's, they seem to be well trained.
Totally of topic now, sorry

Latest posts

Back