MarlaWynne Fashion TSV 06/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I need to keep an eye on the viscose dresses - they are pricier, but if the quality is better, that's fair enough. They also look like they are a little longer than the TSV was.

Good old QVC - give us what we want (MW TSV) but then skimp on the important details... like the fabric and the length.

MarlaWynne Flatter Fit Pull On Crop Trouser
Item Number: 159107
QVC Price £52.00
Today's Special Value Price £41.98
P&P £3.95

A pair of Flatter-Fit, cropped trousers from MarlaWynne, featuring a wide elasticated waistband, faux pockets at the front and functional pockets at the back, all with stud detailing, and a flat-front design to create a more flattering silhouette. A fantastic addition to complement your current wardrobe, these straight-leg trousers are versatile enough to wear for both evening and weekends, whatever you're up to - simply change your accessories to suit the occasion.

A flattering fit - in a classic design, these pull-on trousers will sit flat against your body, while their straight-leg design won’t cling, but will skim your legs to create the ideal silhouette for any body shape. Plus the elasticated waistband means this pair of trousers won't dig in or pinch.

Five wonderfully wearable colours - classic colours Black, Grey and dark Blue are shades that will see you through all seasons and are perfect for creating night-out looks paired with heels and floaty tops. For a more unique and subtly colourful look opt for Mauve or Sand, teamed with flats and cosy knits they'll create superb trans-seasonal outfits that you can layer other pieces with.

Pull-on
Faux fly and pockets at the front
Mesh lining behind the front panel
75% viscose, 22% nylon, 3% elastane; mesh trim: 90% nylon, 10% elastane
Machine washable at 30C (mild process)

Garment measurements:

Waist: 10: (28"), 71.1cm 12: (29"), 73.7cm 14: (30.5"), 77.5cm 16: (32"), 81.3cm 18: (33.5"), 85.1cm 20: (35"), 88.9cm 22: (38.5"), 97.8cm
Hip: 10: (36"), 91.4cm 12: (37"), 94cm 14: (38"), 96.5cm 16: (39.5"), 100.3cm 18: (41"), 104.1cm 20: (42.5"), 108cm 22: (46"), 116.8cm
Inseam (all sizes): 61cm (24")

Colour options:

Sand
Black
Blue
Grey
Mauve

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.159107

Oh my giddy aunt....how bad do these trousers look?
They show every lump,bump and tree trunk and wrinkle on the legs

Oh my giddy aunt....how bad do these trousers look?
They show every lump,bump and tree trunk and wrinkle on the legs
You just said exactly what I was thinking. How not to look in trousers, or is it just because some of the models and Marv just need to be in a bigger size?

Well if Marv thinks she looks good in them she should think again I`ve seen better fitting sausage skins ..whats wrong with QVC and sizing ...does anyone wear the correct size The stylist who dress them should go to Specsavers!! Although I like some of the pieces the prices are too steep for me !!

Silly money for a pair of cropped trousers. None of the models look good in them, Marv looks even worse and I don`t care what gobble de gook they spout about them, they`ll never be worth £45 with p and p.
I buy my crops from Marks for less than half that price and they wash and wash, wash and wear plus they have them in different lengths.
QVC simply don`t have a clue when it comes to price let alone style.

Marv in the fatter fit pants looks like a marrow stuffed into a condom. Even the curvier models, who are absolutely gorgeous, look about 20lb heavier on the bum and thighs while wearing them. The fabric clings in all the wrong places. Even on the thinner models.

They remind me of Miss Bertha in Acorn Antiques, whose tweed suit was at least a size too small and looked uncomfortably stretched. They once had a mock advert of a museum tour of outfits from Acorn Antiques, and Miss Bertha's suit even looked too small and stretched on the dummy :mysmilie_17:

Silly money for a pair of cropped trousers. None of the models look good in them, Marv looks even worse and I don`t care what gobble de gook they spout about them, they`ll never be worth £45 with p and p.
I buy my crops from Marks for less than half that price and they wash and wash, wash and wear plus they have them in different lengths.
QVC simply don`t have a clue when it comes to price let alone style.
I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought Marv looked awful in the pants - very poor fit on all of the models

At one time there were a lot on eBay (BN) but they were near the TSV price so I didn't bother even though I wouldn't have minded another one, but I rarely wear dresses it's not worth spending a lot. I hate my legs so if I wear a dress it has to be with opaque tights in winter or near maxi length in summer so I wouldn't wear a dress in spring or early autumn.

I am absolutely with you on that, I am so glad I am not on my own, maxi skirt length or full trousers (never crops, they look like I wore somebody else's, or that I washed them and they shrank, not like I'm wearing them on purpose) for me.

Mind you looking at the more generously proportioned women in the TSV trousers, they look dreadful, much too tight on the thighs, poor Marv and the other larger models. The only model who really looks good is the size ten one.

Marla, please remember not all women are apple shaped with slim legs, pear and hour glass types tend to have proportionately larger thighs and need a bit more room.

the range looks quite nive but the t shirts are £45 with post..the halston tops are nice specially if you are the larger side of plus size

I quite like the look of the range too, but no way would I pay those prices. As for the tsv, Sally is the only one looking good in them. Personally I never wear cropped trousers except for exercising; unless you're very petite or long legged I think crop length just makes your legs look even shorter.

I quite like the look of the range too, but no way would I pay those prices. As for the tsv, Sally is the only one looking good in them. Personally I never wear cropped trousers except for exercising; unless you're very petite or long legged I think crop length just makes your legs look even shorter.

That's exactly what I came on here to post.Sally is the only one who looks good in them and is wearing the correct size .Everyone else needs to go up at least one size if not more.
They are in my opinion expensive for what they are.They look similar to women with control type trousers.

Don't think they should be called flatter fit.They are anything but flattering.

Last edited:
Watched a bit of the TSV presentation and had to laugh as Sally almost plaited her legs whilst mincing down the catwalk!
TSV not for me. Never really understood the concept of the 'half mast trouser'. Smacks of 'first up, best dressed' and 'Institutional' wear to me.

I love crops but I agree with others - Marv and the larger model look awful. Since I would need the same size as Marv I will not get these. Crops are OK for larger ladies but need to be in darker colours and looser. These ones pull across the thighs and show all the lumps and bumps.

Some crops look ok on me, but on the whole, being short, I look like Lofty from It Ain't Half Hot Mum!

The colours are very nice, but I would not want to pay £41 plus P & P when I can get similar ones from Marks & Spencers or BHS for less.
I like some of Marla's clothes and I have a few, like her famous balloon dress , which, by the way was and is still cheaper than the almost identical dresses by Joins and Yong Kim.

Clingy crops especially in pale colours are the devils work for those of us with a chunky thigh- and I certainly have a pair of those!!

Poor Marv looked awful, she even changed from a trainer to a high court shoe to try and improve the look, but it didn't help. I think to style a cropped trouser with a court shoe is a fashion disaster anyway.

I was giggling at Sydney Marla's daughter prancing like a gazelle on the catwalk and I'm certain she wouldn't be seen dead in those crops in her "real life"!!

Latest posts

Back