MarlaWynne Fashion TSV 06/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn't, I was too busy playing Charlie's Angels and wearing a 'boiler suit" remember them?

The "Americanisms" have started, i.e. 'tank top' when did we ever call them that over here. Incidentally, I missed something, I came in from the kitchen at a time when I heard Jackie say to Marla "the P word is not allowed, it means something else here!"

Did anyone else hear that, what P did she mean or am I naive or daft LoL it's bothered me since.

I better not say what sprung to my filthy mind, or I'll get banned! :mysmilie_11:

I didn't, I was too busy playing Charlie's Angels and wearing a 'boiler suit" remember them?

I used to play 'Charlies Angels' every breaktime too. I was always Sabrina! I didn't wear a boilersuit until the early 1980's complete with big plastic stud earrings and bangles. LOL. Oh and fingerless gloves.

There weren't many Marla Wynne Shows today, were there? Given it is a TSV day, I'm surprised. 12am, 11am and 3pm dedicated shows. The usual airings in Morning and Lunchtime shows, and a brief nod during Kathy's Morning Style. I'm guessing that TSV and other items were not in plentiful supply.

Did anyone get a pair of these. I love the trousers on the slim Sally and love all the colours. I would get a pair if I could be sure of the fit and get several pairs if the price allowed. I didn't get any as it's too expensive and too much hassle to buy and return if they don't fit. I would wear them with loafers or flipflops, I like a crop trouser in the summer as I'm tall and don't like my knees.

I used to play 'Charlies Angels' every breaktime too. I was always Sabrina! I didn't wear a boilersuit until the early 1980's complete with big plastic stud earrings and bangles. LOL. Oh and fingerless gloves.

I was always Kelly, we played it at weekends and in the holidays when we could run around school buildings, jump up and tap the walkway roofs and play on building sites. My friend once got stuck in horrible mud and I had to go and get her dad to pull her out. It was scary at the time, she sunk upto her knees and needless to say when she was pulled out she got into so much trouble for playing in such a dangerous place, ruining her clothes and loosing her shoes.
to us, it just added to our adventure and Charlie was very proud of his Angels:mysmilie_50::mysmilie_50::mysmilie_50:

It was deffo the 70s because we were at Junior school but boiler suits came back into fashion in the late 80s. They were called jumpsuits then and the shape was totally different.
In the 70s they were slim fitting nylon things but the 80s they were baggy legged and synched in at the waist with a narrow belt and were worn with the legs rolled up to just above the ankles. Mine was pink and white, came from Tammy Girl. I have a picture of me in Tossa De Mar in mine from around 1988. I think it was Bananarama days.

Early 80's for me was the ra-ra skirts!

Last edited:
I was always Kelly, we played it at weekends and in the holidays when we could run around school buildings, jump up and tap the walkway roofs and play on building sites. My friend once got stuck in horrible mud and I had to go and get her dad to pull her out. It was scary at the time, she sunk upto her knees and needless to say when she was pulled out she got into so much trouble for playing in such a dangerous place, ruining her clothes and loosing her shoes.
to us, it just added to our adventure and Charlie was very proud of his Angels:mysmilie_50::mysmilie_50::mysmilie_50:

It was deffo the 70s because we were at Junior school but boiler suits came back into fashion in the late 80s. They were called jumpsuits then and the shape was totally different.
In the 70s they were slim fitting nylon things but the 80s they were baggy legged and synched in at the waist with a narrow belt and were worn with the legs rolled up to just above the ankles. Mine was pink and white, came from Tammy Girl. I have a picture of me in Tossa De Mar in mine from around 1988. I think it was Bananarama days.

Early 80's for me was the ra-ra skirts!

Sounds like were about the same age (1968). Fashion passed me by in the 70's having an older mum and money being tight, didn't even know what Tammy girl was. I do remember jumpsuits in the 1970's a la Yootha Joyce, QVC are bringing those back this year via Kim Mendelson et al.

I started earning my own money in the 1980's so that's when I started to become a fashion victim. Yep early 80's ra ra skirts and leg warmers anything 'kids from Fame'.

Stripy jeans in the 80s! I was a fat child/teenager, so it made me look like i had the contour lines of a hill from a map on my legs

S
Sounds like were about the same age (1968). Fashion passed me by in the 70's having an older mum and money being tight, didn't even know what Tammy girl was. I do remember jumpsuits in the 1970's a la Yootha Joyce, QVC are bringing those back this year via Kim Mendelson et al.

I started earning my own money in the 1980's so that's when I started to become a fashion victim. Yep early 80's ra ra skirts and leg warmers anything 'kids from Fame'.

Yep, 1967😀.
I got Saturday work in the 80s too, true form shoes where I spent my wages as soon as I got them. ****** nightmare. I would see the new shoes coming in and put them back for payday!
We all did the same.
I was a skinny minny back then, I remember having to take in my size 8 arrow stretch jeans
Chelsea Girl and Miss Selfridge were the places to be seen

Latest posts

Back