MarlaWynne Fashion TSV 05/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hope this looks good on those of you that love it.Now having seen it I still cannot see that it would suit a lot of people. Will the 'waitlist' be returns?Interesting to see the reviews.Hope I am wrong & it becomes everyone's 'go to' dress to dress up or down, all occasions covered etc. etc.

goody is showing it in all its glory. its a nice dress. and dare i say this "you can dress it up or dress it down!

Yes, looks great with heels and boots. Gah, I missed out in the end as small is showing sold out- never mind!

Ordered in the blue!! I really like a lot of MarlaWynne clothes. They suit me and are my style. I've got navy knee high suede boots so the navy is a good choice for me.

I'd honestly love to know where clothes like this retail at £20/30. I shop a lot on the high street. I think I might find similar from £45 upwards. I find a few bargains at round the £20 but not many that are long lasting and great quality.

For cheapy clothes I like boohoo.com but often have to have things altered so they're not really cheapies then.

I hope this looks good on those of you that love it.Now having seen it I still cannot see that it would suit a lot of people. Will the 'waitlist' be returns?Interesting to see the reviews.Hope I am wrong & it becomes everyone's 'go to' dress to dress up or down, all occasions covered etc. etc.

I agree, sf. I watched the show on repeat and to me, Marverine's bum was all that stuck out. It just didn't flatter her at all and I personally would never buy anything that showed my knees. I can't understand the excitement that's showing in this thread because all I can see is a thin, ballooning dress with an uneven hemline and a band sewn on on the bottom. And it has to be perfectly sewn on for it to look good, too, because the worst mistake would be to sew a band on so it pulls in some way. But to each his own and I hope you all like it when you get it.

I ordered it in the burgundy. I decided to go for a bigger size than I had originally thought of due to helpful comments on sizing on here. Marv confused me.

i think its a safe dress for a tsv. its very popular with people having bought it in its thousands over the last year in many guises. velvet, sleeveless and with sleeves. i think its quite elegant and plain in a nice way. i just cant decide on size. love the blue its very expensive looking deep indigo/purple or the classic black. i can see this with my very long bibi gold/sliver necklace for lots of occasions.

Hope everyone comes back and tells us how they get on with the dress.Although its not for me I can see why it would generate excitement . At least people will try it.I think there may be plenty of returns.

Hope everyone comes back and tells us how they get on with the dress.Although its not for me I can see why it would generate excitement . At least people will try it.I think there may be plenty of returns.

and therefore loads on the bay

I'm going to give it a try, also confused about the sizes though so I've ordered two different ones. I've got a couple of Marla's pieces and I concur, they're really good quality and wash beautifully. Good luck everyone who's bought, look forward to hearing what you think.

I agree, sf. I watched the show on repeat and to me, Marverine's bum was all that stuck out. It just didn't flatter her at all and I personally would never buy anything that showed my knees. I can't understand the excitement that's showing in this thread because all I can see is a thin, ballooning dress with an uneven hemline and a band sewn on on the bottom. And it has to be perfectly sewn on for it to look good, too, because the worst mistake would be to sew a band on so it pulls in some way. But to each his own and I hope you all like it when you get it.

I agree, I've said before that if people ventured outside of QVC they'd find some lovely styles, good quality clothes with free p&p and returns, also with a money back guarantee so I don't see the excitement, the presenters go in to shock if they see a top sold for under £80

Loved it - especially on Marla and Marv - they both looked lovely. I hope Marv bought that dress in the burgundy because it looked great with her darker skin and no tights! Lucky girl. I did resist though as I know it won't look right on me as the balloon fabric would be down near my ankles and also I don't have that money just now to spend on a dress. Were I taller and richer I would have got two for those "can't be a*sed to get dressed for work" days. It would be perfect. Hope those of you that bought love it when you get it.

CC

I agree, I've said before that if people ventured outside of QVC they'd find some lovely styles, good quality clothes with free p&p and returns, also with a money back guarantee so I don't see the excitement, the presenters go in to shock if they see a top sold for under £80

I'd love to know where I could get a similar dress to this on the high street, as I've missed out. Any ideas?

I'd love to know where I could get a similar dress to this on the high street, as I've missed out. Any ideas? ��

Had a balloon dress here a couple of days ago but as you can imagine at that price, it flew out. I never mentioned the high street or the dress, I was using "fashion" in general. Anyway, just use your internet, I've spotted a few. http://www.everything5pounds.com/en/

Last edited:
I like the look of Marla's clothes. The quality looks good and they seem very well cut and wearable. Of all the ranges at qvc I think this one would hold its own as a concession in a department store, alongside Country Casuals, Mint Velvet and the like. A few petites would be nice.

Some of Marla's knits look very thin & the model with the cardi buttoned up the back did it no favours even she looked so ill at ease.What is it with these oversized knits? ( & not just MW)Chloe's was not hanging right--way up at the front & stretched down at the back. Drowned in folds of fabric with asymmetric hems dipping all over the place doesn't do a lot even for the models.Just got 'Join' on now & here we go again!

I'd love to know where I could get a similar dress to this on the high street, as I've missed out. Any ideas? ��

Sahara London, Sarah Santos, Box2, N&L. Maybe CodeCodeCode. Possible Ronen Chen or Chesca. But most will be similar if not higher prices than MarlaWynne.

After all my excitement, I decided to sleep on it as I was dithering between colours and sizes (as you say, what Marv was saying was on the confusing side). I went online this morning having decided it would be the burgundy, to find the burgundy all but sold out! I've therefore sat on my hands and will keep an eye out in future once the reviews are in. I worry about long-sleeved polyester... with my hot flushes. I've got two crepe Kimmie dresses but they are both sleeveless so you don't get that sweaty feeling.

I'm gutted but resigned to another wait for a viscose version...

I'm thrilled, though, that this one took off like a rocket. With any luck, this does mean that this won't be a one-time-only TSV.

Latest posts

Back