Margarine on Green Seasons Food

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Someone please shut the woman up. I cannot stand anymore of the false orgasmic oohs and says when she samples some of the frankly awful looking meat. She drives me mad!

Sorry Whitesnake, you are not allowed to say anything non-complimentary about any QVC presenters or the forum police will appear and give you a stern telling off, you are supposed to pretend that everyone is wonderful and the world is a perfect happy place where we all love each other and puppies float about on fluffy clouds:wink:

I was listening to her on Nina Leonard earlier. When told the dress needn't be worn with the accompanying belt, she almost went into overdrive "oh how fabulous is that, that's amazing that the belt is detachable". Couldn't believe what I was hearing. I do feel that these presenters feel they are talking to an audience who have the intelligence of a gnat !

Sorry Whitesnake, you are not allowed to say anything non-complimentary about any QVC presenters or the forum police will appear and give you a stern telling off, you are supposed to pretend that everyone is wonderful and the world is a perfect happy place where we all love each other and puppies float about on fluffy clouds:wink:

Yes Jackanory! I am quite expecting they will be out to get me! Not that l care, Margarine is an absolutely shocking presenter and nothing is ever done about it!

I think there must be a shopping telly equivalent of RADA where they all learn their OOHHs and AAHHs and exaggerated facial expressions. Plus they have to be able to say sincerely they use every brand of skincare, have a house full of Yankee Candles and march around in Yong Kim clothes carrying Lulu Guinness handbags. I find the mute button is the my best friend when watching QVC then I can really decide if I want something without listening to the usual predictable stuff they come out with.

Has anyone counted the number of times Marv blinks? I counted 18 in eight seconds before I switched over, but it could be more. Is she trying to play down the eye rolling bit by eye blinking? I don't know which is more distracting, the blinking or the rolling. Maybe if she can't do straight to camera, she should combine the two in a sort of eye foxtrot? Kind of Roll, roll, blink, blink, roll.

Has anyone counted the number of times Marv blinks? I counted 18 in eight seconds before I switched over, but it could be more. Is she trying to play down the eye rolling bit by eye blinking? I don't know which is more distracting, the blinking or the rolling. Maybe if she can't do straight to camera, she should combine the two in a sort of eye foxtrot? Kind of Roll, roll, blink, blink, roll.

Maybe she should be on Strictly, then. She's ****** awful, let's face it - she gets no better, week after week. She makes me think of a rabbit with myxomatosis - best to put it out of its misery. Before people start, it's a fanciful analogy - I'm not suggesting she be put to death.

Last edited:
I saw a bit of that on my recorder and I fast forwarded it even though I might have fancied going for the mixed grill stuff. Marverine acts like a complete dough head most of the time and that's not cruel, it's the truth. What is it with those stupid voices and drawls and drawn out words and squeaks and eye rolls and acting like a silly child. She used to be half OK but now I don't watch her as she's beyond irritating. Just be normal FFS.

CC

I watch Marv and I wonder, do QVC wear magic glasses were they can't see QVC presenters faults? That's the only reason I can come up with why they're still there. Marv is an absolutely awful presenter, she really is and that's a fact.

And the words 'Marverine' and 'tick-box' will cause wailing and gnashing of teeth, and outrage from those who NEVER criticise presenters themselves......'Marverine', 'tick-box', 'Marverine', 'tick-box' - oops! Timberrrrrrrrrrrr! :mysmilie_17:

Last edited:
If she can't do straight to camera, wonder how she managed during her previous life as a "journalist"? With great difficulty, I'd imagine. Oh golly gosh, I said something sarky about Marv. and destroyed the illusion that the world of Q is a beautiful place, where meCharlie has good table manners and DF never tries to flog her latest scribblings. Wait for the backlash.:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14:

And the words 'Marverine' and 'tick-box' will cause wailing and gnashing of teeth, and outrage from those who NEVER criticise presenters themselves......'Marverine', 'tick-box', 'Marverine', 'tick-box' - oops! Timberrrrrrrrrrrr! :mysmilie_17:

Can't resist a challenge, HissyMissy and you clearly can't resist dragging up an old thread. I've already criticised the lovely Marv today. Let it go, let it go :mysmilie_490:

Different opinions are what internet forums are all about as long as it's not a case of people in glass houses and stones or false accusations when it gets nasty. Marverine, all I can say is CHILL. Just be yourself and stop the rabbit-in-headlight thing.

There was a rather strange post on the QVC facebook page yesterday about her.

Poster said it was good QVC finally had a Black presenter. Why did she have to wear a wig? She should show her natural hair.

Some posters thought it was a Troll, and why was it important she chose to wear a wig? Marv had been on a few years now and the poster only noticed now?

I think she suits her hair the way it is. It's the mannerisms and voice that make her unwatchable.

Chill out, Whatsit, and just for info: (1) we are all entitled to make comments and give opinions (even you) - it's called a forum, (2) the moderators decide if something's inappropriate, not you (3) if you're bored, you could always go off and do something else?:mysmilie_12:

QUOTE=Whatsinaname;816861]Can't resist a challenge, HissyMissy and you clearly can't resist dragging up an old thread. I've already criticised the lovely Marv today. Let it go, let it go :mysmilie_490:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I confess I have to agree about the 'wig'. Bit toooo obvious with the high shine and the forehead separation. If she has to wear one, then surely a more natural one could be found, instead of one looking like plastic. Ali Keenan wears a really good hair piece, so it IS possible to wear one with panache.

Joan Collins and Dolly Parton are 2 celebs who have admitted to regularly wearing wigs. Dolly, as we might expect from someone who doesn't seem to have an inflated idea of her own celebrity, has often made jokes about hers. Carol Kirkwood, the newsreader, also wears the odd hairpiece (her own hair is a pretty colour but quite fine in texture). Nothing wrong with wearing false hair, but as you say brissles, it does need to be good quality or can easily end up looking a bit awkward.

I confess I have to agree about the 'wig'. Bit toooo obvious with the high shine and the forehead separation. If she has to wear one, then surely a more natural one could be found, instead of one looking like plastic. Ali Keenan wears a really good hair piece, so it IS possible to wear one with panache.

Marv's hair is something I don't have a problem with - in fact there's nothing wrong with her appearance at all. She's an attractive girl. It's her mannerisms that are just weird.

CC

Latest posts

Back