Mally tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love the kit and the colours as they can be applied either subtly or intensly and do last all day. With this concealer, I do not even need to use foundation; I just apply the powder as finishing powder. It is a little gem for a frequent air traveller; a whole makeup set which can create a daytime as well as an evening look, but still occupies a tiny space in the infamous plastic bag.

Its my belief that QVC are sending us subliminal messages about their cosmetic ranges.:mysmilie_17:

Most are, in fact, no better than the cheap end high street brands, that I personally wouldnt look twice at.:mysmilie_11:

Its the sheer fact that QVC are slapping a 'celebrity' endorsement on them that increases their appeal , exclusivity and hence desireability :mysmilie_81:

I'm sure you are right Jabba. I rarely watch the shows as AY makes my ears bleed so the celebrity endorsements thing goes right over my head. I work on the principle that QVC will allow almost any kind of speil as long as the product sells, and they are very good at it. However, the 30 day mbg does give us the option to try. I would never have tried Malley otherwise and I have to say that knowing it was selling in ASDA for 2.99 wouldn't put me off it now as it really does the job for me and suits my skin tones and stays on in the heat - something most high-end products have signally failed to do.
My twisted logic says it's o.k. for me to be seduced and conned, as long as I'm aware of it and out of all this has come a product I love - which probably means it will be withdrawn, like Mojave Magic which was the only other thing that came close.

Ordered the light/medium option - concealer far too light for me (panda eyes not good). Winging its way back to QVC towers. Hey ho:mysmilie_34:

Mine was at the post office today! I've never had anything arrive so quick, my primers were there too! I havn't had a play yet as it's dark so will try it all in daylight tomorrow.

Its my belief that QVC are sending us subliminal messages about their cosmetic ranges.:mysmilie_17:

Most are, in fact, no better than the cheap end high street brands, that I personally wouldnt look twice at.:mysmilie_11:

Its the sheer fact that QVC are slapping a 'celebrity' endorsement on them that increases their appeal , exclusivity and hence desireability :mysmilie_81:

i do wonder about qvc makeup ranges chanel and nars for example are cheaper than smashbox,mally and laura geller ......:mysmilie_11:

Mine came this morning, have had a play with it - for the most part I am impressed. The mascara is brilliant as is the eyeshadow, blusher and lipgloss (I didn't think I would get the blusher to work but it has done, and looks lovely) even the concealer is good - I went gingerly with it just in case but will put more on tomorrow when I use it as I needn't have worried. The only meh is the eyeliner which although supposedly waterproof has migrated on me and smudged - although not to the extent that my usual one does, so even though it's not brilliant its better than what I used previously. I am quietly impressed with it all, and felt as though I'd managed a professional job with it rather than my usual efforts ;)

Mine came this morning, have had a play with it - for the most part I am impressed. The mascara is brilliant as is the eyeshadow, blusher and lipgloss (I didn't think I would get the blusher to work but it has done, and looks lovely) even the concealer is good - I went gingerly with it just in case but will put more on tomorrow when I use it as I needn't have worried. The only meh is the eyeliner which although supposedly waterproof has migrated on me and smudged - although not to the extent that my usual one does, so even though it's not brilliant its better than what I used previously. I am quietly impressed with it all, and felt as though I'd managed a professional job with it rather than my usual efforts ;)

Her 3 stage professional eyelining compact and pen is the one I use, it never moves. I use the others for round the house when it doesn't matter if I lose a bit.

Her 3 stage professional eyelining compact and pen is the one I use, it never moves. I use the others for round the house when it doesn't matter if I lose a bit.

Oooh, ta for that - I have to save some money now, but that will be next on my list ;) it hasn't migrated badly or anything, as I say, much less than my usual liner but always up for new suggestions!

xxx

Mine was at the post office today! I've never had anything arrive so quick, my primers were there too! I havn't had a play yet as it's dark so will try it all in daylight tomorrow.

So you have got yours in Sunny Greece and i am 5 miles down the road from Qvc Warehouse and i ain't got mine :mysmilie_1029::mysmilie_318:

So you have got yours in Sunny Greece and i am 5 miles down the road from Qvc Warehouse and i ain't got mine :mysmilie_1029::mysmilie_318:

That's ridiculous! I have to say though that things normally take 2-3 weeks to get to me, so it's a real fluke....

does anyone here know what colour eyeliner comes with the citychick smokey eye thingy or if its a different colour in each set? cheers
btw.. i got the lip liner in medium which is nice but very dark.

I was so looking forward to this TSV that I also purchased one as a Mother's Day gift...but that one is going back!

I am pretty good with make-up, have lots of it and know what looks good on me. My mum is more of a slap dash type person...rushing about and sometimes not checking blusher or lipstick. There is NO WAY I am giving her the TSV with the blusher...it is awful!

I put a little tiny dot on my cheek and I look Aunt Sally on speed! Just too much!

I did notice the blusher did not feature much on the live shows...as if they knew it would be a disaster.

Liner seems good....gloss is just ok....the eyeshadow stick is wonky on mine and I ended up with shadow in my eye which is still giving me hell.

Concealer seems good so far...going to try it out for a little longer and I do like the mascara so I think I will keep mine but no way am I giving this to anyone else!

I know Mally is a top make-up artist but it amazes me that she achieved the looks on the models with these products. I can not tell you how much I thought I was going to love these items and then the best ones are just ok.

Posted yesterday about the primer being a bit too scented for me and not at all worth money so that will be going back too.

Think I will just stick to MAC in future...it seems to work no matter what!

Mine is on it's way back. Bliddy awful. As someone else has said, I will stick to MAC from now on. The eyeliner is far from bulletproof - put a line on my hand and 20 minutes later managed to rub it off with no effort whatsoever! The eyeshadow - who exactly designed that packaging? Sprung and wobbly so it goes everywhere but your eyelids when you are applying it. The concealer - nice if you want to highlight every fine line! Put years on me - not what I was looking for! The blusher - Aunt Sally on speed - EXACTLY! Nightmare to get it even on both cheeks - thank god for Stacey's yellow powder. The mascara - lumpy, clumpy and just urgh. Only thing I liked was the lipgloss - nice shade.

I am just wondering if my review will appear on the site, I highly doubt it! As it pretty much said all of the above and also said I was sticking to my usual MAC eyeliner that IS bulletproof I think it's a definite it won't appear. LOL!

I had a good play with the kit this morning. I liked everything though I can't seem to control the blush. No matter, I love her Professional Blush, so will continue to use that. I really liked the eye shadow once it was on, though it didn't look promising in the tube. All in all, for me, it was a success.

I have had some time to play with this.

It is going back. I hate the mascara - gloopy and horrible. Will stick to Lancome.

Concealer not a patch on Laura Geller. Lipgloss is nice. Eyeshadow is just too gimmicky for words - shame because it is a nice shade.

Blusher is just awful.

Eyeliner is ok - I prefer a gel formula though.

There is NO WAY I am giving her the TSV with the blusher...it is awful!

I put a little tiny dot on my cheek and I look Aunt Sally on speed! Just too much!
Liner seems good....gloss is just ok....the eyeshadow stick is wonky on mine and I ended up with shadow in my eye which is still giving me hell.

I love mine! I love the bluey-black of the liner and the blusher (using like a pin head amount) looks good (and I am very, very pale). I thought they eyeshadow stick was wonky at first, but realised it is sprung so that it picks up the right amount of powder when you pop it back in the tube. I did find that, if I didn't do as instructed in the leaflet (ie tap off excess powder) and then gently apply it, it caked a bit but once I'd figured it out it was fine.
I guess everyone is different but I like this selection.

i love this kit, but after using it for a while, i have to say, yes the eyeshadow goes everywhere! and i have to use a brush to tidy and even it up. it would have been much better in a compact form.

Latest posts

Back