Mally TSV 27/8/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am very fair - fair foundation in Mally, Golden fair / fairly light in Bare Minerals to give you an idea. Pale skin with slightly yellow/ neutral undertones. I got the eye brightener in the last tsv & really didn't think it didn't anything for me. I applied it exactly as Mally suggested. It is very yellow in colour & you need only use the slightest bit! it is very easy to overuse! I was wearing it on top of foundation that is a good match normally & my sister said that my makeup looked far too light for me ! I was sure it was only because of the brightener making me look even paler ! It is ok but really not for me, and in my opinion there are better highlighting products but everyone is different. What works doesn't work for me, might work for you! It is not really one shade that suits all. You have to be quite careful with it.

Great, thank you for that helpful reply :) I'm keen to get the TSV cos of the palette so I'll see what the under eye brightener looks like in the demos and I'll stick it on ebay if I think it'll be too yellowy (which from your reply - I feel it might)

No easy pay :( Poor exchange rate to what they paid in the US. Not sure I can afford it without easy pay and when you add on postage. So disappointed :(

Me too :( going to download the booklet and make do with all my existing eye-shadows

I've given myself a really strict talking to. I have more eye pencils than I can shake a stick at, I prefer coloured mascara (black/violet or black/navy) to straight black, I know that the under-eye will be too yellow for me as I'm so pale, therefore I do not need nor can I afford to spend £45 on an eye-shadow palette. In a month's time, the stores will be heaving with eye-shadow palettes in Christmas specials. I'll wait till then. Actually, I'm glad it's not on easy pay, I would have talked myself into it, but spreading the cost wouldn't really change the value for money, and I think this TSV is expensive. That said, I'll have more than a little twinge of envy when all of you who are treating yourselves report back on how much you're loving your kit when it arrives!

Nope I haven`t gone for it either. I love her eye sticks but looking at the older models on the show ( yesss I`m an older model too, in fact vintage or you coud even call me an antique at not far off 60 ! ) their eyelids looked a bit dry-ish and the shadows seemed to show the lines on their lids. The eye sticks work well for me but I`ve a feeling the pallette wouldn`t.

Why does Ally Young insist on wearing those really unflattering square sack dresses in vile bright shades? This pink one is 'orrible but the yellow one is even more revolting. Does nothing for her; makes her look like Peter Kay doing Geraldine.

Had to order both (eek), but in mitigation your honour I will be selling the extra mascara, eyeliners, under-eye doo-dah, etc. Just really want both palettes, as I have a bit of a palette obsession (think it takes me back to my childhood, and those paint-boxes you could get).

I have to laugh at AT saying that she could 'never' have done her eyes like she did tonight if it hadn't been for Mally's 'bookluh' with all the tips etc. But Ali, i thought you were a fully qualified makeup artist in all areas of beauty blah di blah di blah?? Do presenters not realise that we watch them on different shows and remember what they come out with? If you're going to bullsh!t then you need to remember it from show to show!!

A 3 year old has a better make up techniques than AY.

I notice Mally favours the thick black mascara and liner look(each make up artist with their own line does seem to have go to favour look, which might look good on them but not everyone), if she did that on me, trust me I would look like one of the walking dead.

Mally is bigging up the wonders of the body shine in before and after shots on the models, I can't see a difference on any of them. And over thirty quid! I don't think so

Welcome back Speckled Hen, good to see you back. Have resisted, so far! Don't think I will use all the colours in the palette as others have posted, and not that keen on the eye brightener, unless you know you will use all of it is expensive, so I am going to be good!

Well I've slept on it and I've bought the colour option. I know I would seriously regret not getting it, there are so few colourful palettes like this.

I need some new shadows and figured by the time I'd bought that many colours from a decent high street brand it'd be costing £40+ without getting a new mascara (which I need) and eyeliner (I don't know why I'm talking myself into this on here!!)

Sometimes you just need a treat :happy:

Last edited:
I've cancelled the Laura Geller TSV I had on Waitlist so feel ok about investing now! These are much more my shades.

I've ordered it in the Buff. They're the sort of colours I like to use everyday & need a new mascara.

I loved the colours AY had on her nails in the presentation. Did she happen to mention what they were, she sometimes does?

Latest posts

Back