Mally TSV 22/3/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tried the compact thingy today as I'd forgotten about it and when I looked later on some of my mineral makeup had disappeared. I'd dabbed and not wiped as well. Brow gel okish but can't see what it does. Blusher seems powdery compared to the quality of the Urban Decay one I bought. Haven't tried the mascara yet. Oh, and I would say the lip gloss is more gloopy than what I normally use.

Am really thinking that I should have slapped myself harder and not fell for the hype:headbang::headbang:

Hmm, I'm another not too sure about this set. I've read the reviews on QVC where everyone is raving over this, but... And this is where I get angry with myself, why on earth am I guided by what total strangers think to the point where I think I must be missing something?

In general I'm ok with the lip and eye stuff - although I hate the Mally obsession with all things black, and the brow gloss simply does, well, does nothing really.

I ordered this mainly for the non powder finisher thingy - but if I'm honest I think it's total crap. I have generally good skin, no visible pores, no greasy t-zone etc, so what this does for me? well it makes my face look dull, flat and lifeless - I hate the look, but I'm trying to convince myself it looks good because Mally and the reviews said so! What's that all about!!!! Me thinks I need to get a life lol.

Thank you guys - this will be going back.

PS - Whilst Mally's blusher is ok, I confess that I keep returning to my Valerie Beverly Hills blusher in Movie Star - quite simply it's the business :)

Snails, I went off to read all the reviews after I'd posted on here as I'd convinced myself it was me who was wrong. Stupid:headbang: Actualy, I'm so pissed off that I am going to have lost so much in ****** postage if I send it back unless I give it to my DD as a flaming expensive Easter present!

I like it all but don't get the poreless thingy either, it makes my skin dull and takes OFF my bnb foundation!!! makes the skin feel silky smooth. Maybe its best if you don't wear foundation? Love the eye shadow stick and the eyeliner - surprised someone thought it 'dragged'?!? I commented to my mom that it was so soft and you only need the lightess touch?? Do like the brow stuff as my old one from the dreaded highstreet would dry hard and dull looking, the Mally one doesn't.

Last edited:
the kit i bouught was 222398 not available now. the pencil was the waterproof eyepencil in black gold. it was as hard as nails and dry.some other reviews pointed that out as well.

dont know if it was the same pencil in the tsv though.

i agree that you are still paying the best part of £45-£50 for makeup so it has to be something that you will use and love.

I'd read the glowing reviews too & was wondering if it was just me who wasn't impressed. In fact it was the good reviews of her stuff on QVC that persuaded me to order in the first place. I'm obviously too easily led!:blush:

Ah well, another lot of P&P to put down to experience.:doh::doh:

I'd read the glowing reviews too & was wondering if it was just me who wasn't impressed. In fact it was the good reviews of her stuff on QVC that persuaded me to order in the first place. I'm obviously too easily led!:blush:

Ah well, another lot of P&P to put down to experience.:doh::doh:

Do you think we are the only sane peeps here? I also read the reviews for the poreless face stuff before I ordered and so was expecting great things. That said I should have known better really as I don't like Benefit Dr Feelgood either - and Mally's stuff is the spit of it. I think the bottom line for me is I don't like my face to look flat and dull, I much prefer a healthy glow - you know that lit from within look that 'they' always preach to us lol.

I guess it's all relative really in that a lot depends on what you are used to and what you usually wear, and maybe just how high your expectations are. I guess like many I am always looking for Holy Grail status in all my products - even though I may already have found them! I guess that makes me gullible and fickle.

You know products have failed to woe you when you don't reach for them in preference to what you already have - and when you do use them you feel like your uglier sister:blush:

So back it will go, and I will have to content myself in that although I will have waisted £8 or so on postage (so annoying), I will have 'saved' £40. And that must be good news:happy:

i was going to ask if it was like the benefit dr feelgood which i hate with a vengence also.
this is a bit of a rip off at the daft mally prices.:cheeky:

Latest posts

Back