Mally 'plumping' lip gloss - Who you kidding?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sydney Starlett

Registered Shopper
I haven't seen Mally on for ages - but I just switched on to Q to get myself to sleep and saw her screeching about her 'amazing' plumping lip gloss with a secret ingredient that she uses on all her 'celebrity' clients who are suffering -her word - with thin lips.
So anyway to demonstrate how amazing this product was at alleviating the 'curse of thin lips' Mally demonstrated it on a model with lovely plump lips rather than on dear old lipless JF who was standing right next to her….. needless to say I was not sold! :mysmilie_12:

I nearly ordered these as the colours looked nice--then I checked out the reviews & they were not good, so didn't bother.I'll stick with BM Moxi especially Rebel which I love.By the way does Jill Franks ever go home these days? every time I flick on she is there, of course as usual she loves & used everything here ( but to little effect it seems to me)

I've never rated Mally make-up, way too dragalicious for me, but at least the packaging doesn't look like it's just been taken out of a thirteen year olds make-up bag now.

I like the colour of Mally's lip glosses, but they don't half bleed - I didn't know I had any fine lines around my mouth until I put on one of her H3 glosses!

You need fillers to give thin lips plumpness. The lipglosses that say they do use a irritant hence the tingle and they will not be the same as proper fillers. I have thin lips, I live with this so called sad affliction:mysmilie_17: despite no doubt horrifying others. I was once told by a makeup artist at an event, "You have thin lips, but they are good shape." Back handed compliment or what. :mysmilie_19:

I could be wrong but imho Mally didn't get her lips from anything she is selling. 5mins of Mally shrieking is as much as I can take.

I haven't seen Mally on for ages - but I just switched on to Q to get myself to sleep and saw her screeching about her 'amazing' plumping lip gloss with a secret ingredient that she uses on all her 'celebrity' clients who are suffering -her word - with thin lips.
So anyway to demonstrate how amazing this product was at alleviating the 'curse of thin lips' Mally demonstrated it on a model with lovely plump lips rather than on dear old lipless JF who was standing right next to her….. needless to say I was not sold! :mysmilie_12:

I think it would be a life's job getting any part of JF to look plump !

I use and swear by Smashbox O-Gloss. It look pink but changes to the colour of your lips. It's nice and glossy and it lasts a long time without any bleeding. I've been using it for years and Now I'm 74 my lips still look good. You can get it from Boots or direct from Smashbox on the website. I can't bear anything that would make my lips sting or tingle, just to plump them out.
As for JF, she's often saying about how many lip gosses she has - where does she keep them all? And where does she put them on her face? She's hardly got any lips (and that's not being nasty, it just is). And yes, totally fed up seeing her every night too.

I feel its only a matter of time before her brand dies a death UNLESS she looks at the competition around her own brand and realise WHY consumers are going elsewhere. This sales patter "this particular powder" tag managed to pull punters in but now its Pah!:yawn:

Same has happened to Models Prefer/YBF

Mally needs to re-jig her brand. She needs to introduce cosmetics with superfruit and plant extracts, vitamins, minerals, essential oils etc.. Not the gunky, whiffy chemical *&^&% she hard sells with her tic-tac teeth

Hey Mally.. your brand clock is ticking.... do you like gardening? :mysmilie_17:

You need fillers to give thin lips plumpness. The lipglosses that say they do use a irritant hence the tingle and they will not be the same as proper fillers. I have thin lips, I live with this so called sad affliction:mysmilie_17: despite no doubt horrifying others. I was once told by a makeup artist at an event, "You have thin lips, but they are good shape." Back handed compliment or what. :mysmilie_19:

I would advise anybody who doesn't like the tingly (or, in this case, stinging!) sensation of lip plumping glosses to steer well clear of the Too Face Lip Injection lip glosses I picked up in Selfridges the other night!! They have the most aggressive action of any that I have tried. This doesn't worry me personally, but the red ring you get around your mouth (outside your lip line) most definitely does. I looked like I'd just finished a strawberry iced lolly! Will have to have another go, and see if it makes a difference not taking it right to the edge of the lip line, as I'm loathe to waste it. I didn't even buy it for it's lip plumping properties, it was the colour and high shine that attracted me.

I saw the show and these lip glosses don't contain any plumping properties, but Mally said it was something like the reflective particles (can't remember exactly) that made the lips APPEAR plumper, so there shouldn't be any tingling.

I really don't like those glosses that make your lips tingle, more like sting with me.
I like the Mally ones that wind up with the brush on the end but Im not going to buy any more since the ones I've had for a year now smell really rancid when I start to use them.

I am not a lipgloss wearer, I did get sucked in long ago. Then discovered no matter what colour on my lips(I have good colour in mine), outside in daylight I just look like I am wearing clear gloss! Or the barest hint of a colour. I stick to lipstick or Laura Mercier does a gloss stick which looks like a lipstick with good colour pay off and shine. Oh and it even stays on a good while.

Latest posts

Back