Mally Beauty TSV 18/12/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Won't be buying this one. I recently converted ALL my top-end cosmetics for Bare Escentuals. Since Ive been using BE the "omg you look amazing" comments haven't stopped, regarding the luminosity of my complexion. Also Mally are choc-full of chemicals. I admit I give her mascara 5 stars so Im prepared to stick with that, as much as I know mineral mascara is soo much kinder than any chemical cosmetic. I find Mally line is more suited to the under 35s, for two reasons

--- The 'fierce' look she promotes looks 'too much' on over 40s
--- The cancellation concealer will find your fine lines.. lines that seemed 'not there' pre-make-up

Basically its too much, too gloopy, too circus.

If I was under 30 I would probably love it! (especially the clear powder, if you have oily skin)

I have bought some Mally in the past and did think that I looked different (in a good way!) than i did in any other makeup. So I loved it for that...but I also found myself going back to my comfort zone of Smashbox and Cargo more often than using my Mally. I do agree that the TSV's all look the same and I think QVC needs to address the issue of UK TSV's missing items from the US ones. Surely having to make new boxes/videos/instruction leaflets for the smaller TSV's negates what they save by leavng out a brush??

Tx

--- The cancellation concealer will find your fine lines.. lines that seemed 'not there' pre-make-up

I have to agree with this. It is fine on the facial areas, but under my eyes, if not careful I find lines I never had there before. It makes me look older. I think a pen type concealer suits my under eye skin alot better, cannot afford Touch Eclat any more though *sniff*.

Also, what is it with the free bags? I'm not fussed on free bags on beauty offers, I have loads of the bleedin' things around the house and the offer of a free bag really does not do it for me. I'd rather save a quid and go without, as they end up under the bed or generally gathering dust. I do wish beauty folk would not bother and save me the space. They are never well made anyway.

I tried Bare Escentuals and unfortunately where some get a 'glow' I got 'shiny' so had to send it back as it didn't suit me. I am very happy with 75% of my Mally stuff, and not too fussed about the other 25%.

I am bumping this as I would like to know as well. I am very tempted, as I would use most of it, but an idea of price would be jolly useful.

purple eyeshadow or taupe eyeshadow again.
love mally shows and have ordered her makeup but i never seem to love it as much when i get it home. dont like the textures

40 notes! I'm having a reality check...please stop me if a I weaken!

Jude xx

I bet it is on EZ pay to soften the blow, i am going to resist as i don't need any new make-up as enough to sink a ship.
I am loving the last Smashbox TSV btw and using it all.

Hmmm, tempting as I have been dying to try the face defender for ages but refuse to get it on it's own. Alot of that kit would be very nice to take to work (I do my makeup on the bus) so it would be of use to me. Hoping for EZ Pay now.

Thank you very much for the photos Sazza!
I've been promising to get this set for myself for weeks & weeks, hoping that this was going to be our next TSV.
I love Mally's lipgloss & mascara, can take or leave her eyeshadow pencil things, have enough blushers to sink a ship, but really wanted to try the new highlighter.
However as we don't appear to be getting the highlighter included in this, I'm going to give it a miss.
The U.S. version with 7 items is just under $70, which is about £45.
If the blusher or the bag (or even both)had been left out rather than the highlighter, I would have purchased this.

Not for me, I'd rather spend my £40+ on something I really want from Dior, Laura Mercier, or Chanel. I like Mally's mascara but find everything else rather average.

Wow that seems expensive!
I was thinking of getting it but with P&P it seems a bit steep so don't think I will now.

Yes it is steep.
There was a time when the Beauty TSV products were fairly reasonable on Q. Not any more, especially if you factor in the likelihood that not everything in this bundle will be to everyone's taste. I think most people wouldn't mind the odd product if it was sold at a real bargain price, but this is too steep in my view.

I've never tried her range, I must say AY looks glowing tonight..so is her primer that good?

she does look nice tonight. in fact she's looked a lot better the last few times i've seen her. i think a lot of it is having her roots done.

Ali looks fabulous tonight. I've not watched much QVC for a while and haven't seen any of AY's shows, but whatever she's doing is working.

She said she was 46 when Mally asked how old she was.
Fair play, she doesn't look it.

Latest posts

Back