Makeup mirror

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used one today, the magnifying kind. What a cruel thing to do yourself. I wouldn't recommend it. It can destroy your confidence. My confidence is rocky right now because of the damn thing. I was feeling pretty good before I looked in it. Ignorance can sometimes be bliss!
Aw, Griz …Mirrors lie! Anyway, don’t worry as nobody ever sees you like that. For a start they don’t look at you from 30cm away or with a magnifying glass. I know what you mean, though - I have a phobia of photographs of me and the thought of being video’d makes my blood run cold. I see a different person in photos than the one looking back at me getting ready in the morning. Cameras lie too!

Aw, Griz …Mirrors lie! Anyway, don’t worry as nobody ever sees you like that. For a start they don’t look at you from 30cm away or with a magnifying glass. I know what you mean, though - I have a phobia of photographs of me and the thought of being video’d makes my blood run cold. I see a different person in photos than the one looking back at me getting ready in the morning. Cameras lie too!

I concur with that ! I think I don't look half bad when getting made up in the mirror (not first thing in the morning though when I see my aged Mum looking at me), but in photos or videos I'm this hunched old lady with disappearing eyes, an invisible mouth and jowls that would make a Bloodhound proud. And if I'm photographed from the side, weeeellll my body would qualify for Sumo wrestling with my big upper arms and plumptious waistline :eek:

I have always hated getting my photo taken. Of course friends do the that looks just like you, when all I see is horror. :eek:
I know! Or they say, “That’s a good one of you” … when what you want them to say is “Oh, you don’t look like that at all“ or better still “You look far better in real life”.

I concur with that ! I think I don't look half bad when getting made up in the mirror (not first thing in the morning though when I see my aged Mum looking at me), but in photos or videos I'm this hunched old lady with disappearing eyes, an invisible mouth and jowls that would make a Bloodhound proud. And if I'm photographed from the side, weeeellll my body would qualify for Sumo wrestling with my big upper arms and plumptious waistline :eek:
That's very funny, Brissles. But, you should tell it to the marines!!

It's the hairs I hate, the ones that sprout from your chin as soon as you look away from a mirror, as well as the the unruly grey ones in my eyebrows,and then using a magnifying mirror to try and tidy them up, depressing as there's so many of them!

It's the hairs I hate, the ones that sprout from your chin as soon as you look away from a mirror, as well as the the unruly grey ones in my eyebrows,and then using a magnifying mirror to try and tidy them up, depressing as there's so many of them!
Yes! Ye gods, I'm sure I could grow a beard ZZ Top would be jealous of 🤣

I don’t mind using a magnifying mirror because I’ve used them for years and find them invaluable for putting on make up. I’ve now learnt to ignore the shock that I got the first time I used one. 😳 I have a x7 one and a x10 one.

However, although photography is a hobby of mine, if someone points a camera at me I beat a hasty retreat. It’s easier to do that than record the fact that I’m no longer 21 years old. 😂

Getting older is better than the alternatIve though.

Latest posts

Back