Lulu's Time Bomb TSV 16/08/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Never tried these products, but interesting there has been little excitement on this forum. Lulu is a turn off tbh

Just need to get something off my chest. Lulu was on this morning with Kathy Tayler and she was spouting on about no-one had come up with a neck and jaw cream before Time Bomb. Kathy said,"Yes and you went into the laboratory and came up with this one". I don't think the 1960's singer would know what a laboratory was never mind know how to concoct a potion.I think it is very misleading to let the customers think that this range is Lulu's brainchild she is only the spokesperson just like Ingrid is for the Dim Kim range. Rant over but feel so much better.

You're right there ! the only thing she's capable of concocting is hiding her script behind the peonies, and counting her appearance money into the bank. The singing work has been drying up for years, so she needs to keep a 'profile' going and a salary coming in; like all the others in 'our' age group ie - all those that are fronting cosmetics, designing fashion ranges from kids clothes to spectacles, its all about promotion.

They think we're all stupid, there's Judith Williams in gleaming white coat sniffing cream in the 'lab', Liz Earle again in sniffing mode in same white coat, and then there's Linda Lusardi, white coat again, probably in the same lab - or a lab set up for the photo shoot, who knows ???

Just need to get something off my chest. Lulu was on this morning with Kathy Tayler and she was spouting on about no-one had come up with a neck and jaw cream before Time Bomb. Kathy said,"Yes and you went into the laboratory and came up with this one". I don't think the 1960's singer would know what a laboratory was never mind know how to concoct a potion.

I think it is very misleading to let the customers think that this range is Lulu's brainchild she is only the spokesperson just like Ingrid is for the Dim Kim range. Rant over but feel so much better.

Well that's a lie because Clarins have been doing one for years.

AY miffs me when on with Laura Geller, she does it all the time talking about Spackle.

Before LG no one had heard of primer etc etc etc. WOW!!! Then how did I buy a primer back in the 90s in SpaceNK. In fact I went to buy the NARS but the SA said the Laura Mercier one was better. So two primers around around 20 years ago.

I hate the LG range, don't see what all the hype is about, and there's no way those face models have bare skin before makeup being applied - I'm too much of a cynic to believe it, and way too long in the tooth.

As for LuLu I like the range, and I also like LuLu, she still has a great voice, although I don't own any of her albums and never have, she does feature on one of my Take That or Westlife albums, can't remember which and her voice is terrific, long may she have it.

As for the range, I'm sure what has been said is true, I don't think she has actually, personally gone to a lab but I do believe her when she says the John Freida team are behind all the work. I prefer her cleanser way and above anyone else's, and various other aspects to the skin range too, and yes I did order the TSV as there are a couple of things I've not yet tried contained within, but I didn't opt for more than the one delivery, as I rarely do.

One thing apart from what has been said already about toners, I'm not a fan of them but I do think the skin needs a toner, but I don't know where LuLu has been having beauty treatments over the years, when she mentioned paraffin wax treatments she had in the states and that they 'were not available over here' well, girl you need to get out more, I've had paraffin wax hand treatments and feet treatments here in Scotland since the late 70s, i had a hand treatment last week in fact, and everything said by her is right, your hands feel lovely afterwards.

I bet she's had many 'letters and emails' from people who somehow or other manage to get Lulu's address and email address hahaha telling her off about these hand treatments - hopefully Mz Alison Young will put her in her place.

Yes, ohnotshoppingagain, she does mention John Freida now but in the early days she didn't. We were led to believe t was just her mucking around with her little pots of picknodules. Come to think of it she hasn't mentioned those for a while. :mysmilie_17:

QVC seem to live in a strange world where everyone is on social media, yet nobody uses a search engine to do any research.

"Dr Joe" who was behind the John Frieda range guested a few times on the TB shows a few years back. They've not had him on again since, I don't think.

With all the different beauty brands it's quite laughable when they paint a picture of their personal quest for the holy grail, and we are treated to pictures of them in lab coats and the like. They like to back up the supposed glamour of the guest with the science angle if they can. It's a total cliché by now.

Makes me laugh she talked about john frieda like they had no connection that she was the brains behind the product and his team markets it the same as all his hair products she was married to him for years and has a child with him but I can' t stand all the spouting from her about not being able to find products so she did her own come on lulu your face is tighter than a drum all you've found is a surgeon and used him plenty by the look of you never mind the time bomb cream

Time Bomb is one of those average ranges like Prai IMO. Tried them both, OK to use, nothing special. Lulu's neck cream made no difference to my neck at all. Liz Earle superskin, JW diamond cream and the Decleor one all do a better job. As for toners, I like the Liz Earle skin tonic, not at all drying and Decleor do a similar hydrating thing that's really good as well.

I don't like the way Lulu tries to make out that she hasn't had a facelift or surgery. Of course she has. Her mouth is all stretched and it's a bit obvious.

CC

i like her time bomb daytime cream. no spots at all because it does not have too many essential oils and perfumes. it does have lavender but just a touch. so would consider buying when i use up my stash. elemis and decleor are ruinous on my face even liz earle

I think there should be some stronger rules when making claims about beauty products
Lulu always claimed her youthful face is due to genetics
Yep genetically produced Botox and face lifts
My hubby always remarked how good she looked for her age until he saw her in the flesh and remarked that her face and neck looked stretched and said he felt like looking for the bulldog clip pulling everything back
That was at least 15 years ago
Does not bother what people do to look young but claiming that it was due to product is like fraud

None of what they look like or say bothers me in the slightest as I'm not big on celebrity, for my way of thinking today's celebrities are nothing like the ones we had in the Hollywood days etc but what I don't like is being lied to, and of course are we not always told that QVC can't make claims as they have a ''legal team dontyaknow''.

I think Lulu looks good on screen as I've never seen her in the flesh so to speak, but to be honest with you I'll be 68 in December, and anyone I meet who is told my age without prior knowledge always puts me in my 50s, it was the same in my 50s I was taken for 40s, I think not just down to taking care of my skin, but my mother had the most gorgeous skin and I always remember her telling me all she did was use Nivea cream, poor thing died of cancer at 65 and despite all the suffering she still had lovely facial skin, so what I'm saying is that I think a lot of it is also genetics. I'm not happy with my body, but when I'm dressed I'm happy with how I look.

Yes genetics does have a lot to do with it
When I was 20 many moons ago
I got on the bus and the conductor automatically gave me a child's fare
My daughter is 30 and looks 15
But genetics can't make you look 30years younger then you did two years ago lol

i like her time bomb daytime cream. no spots at all because it does not have too many essential oils and perfumes. it does have lavender but just a touch. so would consider buying when i use up my stash. elemis and decleor are ruinous on my face even liz earle

Sounds like you have a stash like me, boffy, otherwise I'd recommend the latest All Boxed Up set which is only £18.50 inc P&P - it includes a 100ml Glory Days cream so not a bad price at all.

http://allboxedupco.myshopwired.com/august-sales/august-madness-box-3

Lulu's on tour at present, isn't she? Going into 2017. She's got a few nights in London, including dates in November.

Last year I thought she did a TSV just after the cut-off point for guaranteed pre-Christmas delivery.

Latest posts

Back