Lulu's Time Bomb TSV 04/12/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gawd but Lulu is wretched looking. I haven't seen her for some time and can't get over how much she has aged.

AY has been complimenting her on her youthful looks but by saying Lulu was 25 years older than herself, even if it was tongue in cheek, was a bit near the knuckle.

10 minutes was enough for me as they seemed determined to talk over each other.

That would make AY 41.:mysmilie_15: I don't think so. I saw that & immediately turned off, the two of them together is just nauseous :puke:

Ordered ... Looking forward to trying neck cream , I tried Judith Williams one noticed no difference at all .

Realistically, unless you start applying neck cream (or any cream for that matter) to that area from your 20's onwards then your on a hiding for nothing. If you have any small lines anywhere, then cream will soften them, but deep ridges (like some forehead lines) will only disappear via surgery.

Its in your make-up as to what skin you have, redheads (like Fergie) in particular suffer from crepy and lined skin in later years, even Camilla has a 'smoker's top lip with lots of lines and her outdoor life style has taken its toll on her face.

We are what we are, and only surgery will make us into something we aint !!!

My friend who's in her early 60s has had good results with the neck cream so I'm just waiting to hear whether she's ordered so I can buy the hand cream from her.

It's funny that the Time Bomb website (as has been said before) makes no mention of Lulu, just the John Frieda stable. I wonder whether the decision to have Lulu as the face of the rand on Q has been a double-edged sword. If I order it'd be inspite of the Lulu connection; it kind of dumbs down the range having her fronting the brand on QVC. The only two people who seem excited by Lulu's presence on Q are Alison Young and Lulu herself.

While I'm "pontificating" another area to pay close attention to as we get older are the legs and feet.

Somehow, overnight, our once lovely toes suddenly become nasty looking things that become a haven for dried out skin and brittle nails. (just look down at ageing feet in sandals during the Summer and you'll know EXACTLY what I mean) So after bath/showering slather on the cream to prevent this happening.

My mother suffered in later life with cellulitis in her varicosed legs. They too were rough and dried out, which only aided the cellulitis to spread. So now I am passionate about creaming my legs with any lotion available.

I was listening to the midnight launch, not watching, and presentation on Lulu's side seemed really poor, she couldn't explain how her products work, only superlatives like "great, wonderful, amazing". It seemed that she had no interest in her products at all, someone else could have done a better job for her, I'm very disappointed.

I read an article some time back ,several years ago, where she stated she was going to stop Botox and go natural.
Not sure this is a good idea for anyone who was on botox for a while and I guess an emotional attachment is formed and then go cold turkey is a bit OTT. I think this will not do Lulu any favours as her face will look unbalanced with all the fillers and possible surgeries she may have had but in the end of the day this is her decision.

I don't think anything applied topically works. It's just a matter of genetics, not too much sun, smokes, and alcohol and moisturising. Oh, and EMS helps :)

I think when they used Lulu in the early days(remember she said she hand mixed the stuff on her kitchen table:mysmilie_15:), they wanted a face to front the brand which was well known and in the right age group. Old Lu was free and as John Frieda's ex she fitted the bill.

The only places you see it called Lulu's Time Bomb is on QVC and the Daily Mail.

Knowing the team/story behind the brand just makes me cringe now when she spouts her "necessity" speech, referring to the fact she created it as she was ageing. Such a liar!!

I suspect Timebomb and QVC will drop Lulu like a stone if she becomes a liability rather than an asset.

Its all our fault.

We all want a quick fix to look younger, hold the years at bay or smell nice, and huge conglomerates know its easy money and easy profit to manufacture creams and potions to satisfy this. The marketing men come along and, depending on the publicity budget, they hire the likes of Hollywood Julia Roberts , Charlize Theron, Helen Mirren, coming further down the scale is Cheryl wottserface, and finally landing at Pontins with Lulu and Linda Lusardi !! it'll be Anne Diamond next after her failed jewellery line, you wait and see !!!

I use l'occitane foot cream on my tootsies every night and they are now soooooo smooth and it helps me sleep coz its lavendery. Use it on hands too sometimes. Not greasy at all. Worth buying the duo.

This might be the best skincare range in existence & I am completely missing out but having Lulu as the front person just puts me off.To me she comes over as very false, really no work done, is it all this skincare---honest?

This might be the best skincare range in existence & I am completely missing out but having Lulu as the front person just puts me off.To me she comes over as very false, really no work done, is it all this skincare---honest?
That's exactly what I mean Silv, I'm not sure they've done the right market research to see how many of their target market really admire or identify with Lulu. Seeing as they only use her for QVC promotion of the brand maybe TimeBonb think we're wannabee Lulus, and I take exception to that! (nice handcream though)

I think that article just confirms many of us suspected from the beginning!!

Does it really matter who represents a brand if the product works, is of quality, is cost attractive and gives customer satisfaction.

Last edited:
Does it really matter who represents a brand if the product works, is of quality, is cost attractive and gives customer satisfaction.
If one has had jobs done selling skincare I get the message that the products don't work even if they do but I will never know.
On the other hand Mandy from A'Kin looks mid twenties when she is in her late forties and I'm much more tempted to try her products however I understand it's more to do with her lifestyle and good genes.

I don't think anyone cares if Lulu has her belly button over her head per se - it's the "I look this wonderful(?) due to my skin range" that sticks in our throats as that is downright dishonest.

The products may be terrific but should not be misrepresented to the viewer.

Latest posts

Back