Lulu's Time Bomb TSV 04/12/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have an in depth knowledge and background in skincare. And feel qualified to give a considered opinion.

The beauty business, like the fashion business, is a fairly seedy trade when it comes down to it. There are a lot of ‘snake oil salesmen.’ There are many well known brands flogging products that I wouldn’t choose to use on my pets let alone myself.

There are brands that take a scientific approach and spend a considerable amount of their annual budget investing in research. Some have success, some not so much.
This particular brand does have some nice products that may or may not work well on a particular skin. Not all brands or products work well on all people.

My point is to slag off the brand rep and decide that is a reason to not even try a product is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. It’s all about the ingredients, personal criteria and what works. Finding particular products within brands that work particularly well on you.

To use an example of the condition of someone’s skin to decide whether a product works then at least look to the owner of the brand, (Case in point – Emma Hardie – appalling skin), the buck stops with them.

Sorry to harp on but it is the fact that Lulu keeps stating that her youthful look is TOTALLY down to her product is what annoys us so much.

If you feel that you can't trust the person fronting the brand over that one simple fact then can you trust them in any other aspect of the product?

It's our money, so whether buyers are influenced or dissuaded by a particular salesperson, it's our choice.

For example, I've never tried Elemis. Not because I don't think the products will be excellent, but because I cannot stand Keeley. It's my money and my choice to spend it how I wish.

I agree with LATI, the problem with Lulu is that she's had a lot of work done, but implies that it's her lotions & potions that are responsible.

Looking on Ebay and the prices people list the items from TSV'S for I wonder if they sell them, if so they must be making a small fortune. I for one would not buy them knowing how much the TSV'S cost.

Latest posts

Back