Lulu - TSV - 06/01/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Indeed. I believe she won a tenner on one during the midnight launch...

My late Mum was in her sixties when she died and she was still a beautiful woman, and that was without any cosmetic fixing, and she certainly didn't spend a fortune on skincare.
Lulu gets on my pip, quite frankly, and it's disingenuous to say that her looks are down to skincare and yoga since it's a well known fact that she has had a fair amount of cosmetic surgery and admitted recently that she 'used to' have botox and dermabrasion etc. I'm not criticising her for that, it's entirely her choice, but i do get miffed when Ali Young, who is constantly sniping at and attempting to humiliate some of the models for having cosmetic procedures, seems to forget how anti-surgery she is when presenting shows with Lulu or Tova.

Great Post Yolanda. We all know that your mother must have been a stunner, we only have to look at how beautiful you look to know that!

I dont mind Lulu and her "scottish accent" :LOL: but I just cant take this range seriously and it is about the only beauty range that I will not watch on QVC because yes Lulu looks good but it is NOT down to her products!!!! and I wish they would stop saying it is!!

ITA.Qvc has not been on my telly today at all because of the hipocrisy,blatent mis-selling of this range and general a*se licking of this singer/celeb/ skincare ''expert'' that is Lulu.I'll get me coat:23:

[/B]

I think Lulu looks absolutely fab and I love to see it when people take care of themselves and take time out to always look good. What lets her down is like you say BL she is full of herself which I think is not attractive quality to have, still at least she has reason to be up herself. You can get poeple that look right states who are up themselves!. She was saying last night she does yoga. Looking at her physique its clear that she works out, and I say respect!

I agree that Lulu looks extremely good for her age, both her skin and her physique, but I find it downright misleading that she is giving the impression that the former is because of her range! :33: Yes, she's admitted "trying every brand on the market" but still fails to openly and willingly involve all the botox treatments, etc.

I'm not criticising anyone who wants to 'hold back by time' by any means but I just can't take Lulu's suggestions and comments about her own products seriously.

I agree that Lulu looks extremely good for her age, both her skin and her physique, but I find it downright misleading that she is giving the impression that the former is because of her range! :33: Yes, she's admitted "trying every brand on the market" but still fails to openly and willingly involve all the botox treatments, etc.

I'm not criticising anyone who wants to 'hold back by time' by any means but I just can't take Lulu's suggestions and comments about her own products seriously.

Hi Bl. Thats true it is misleading of her to give the impression its all down to her range, because botox would have played a part in it surely. The pots of creams look very small to me as well, so they don't look like they would last long. Better off with our Liz Earle. I have ordered the Fragrance "Time" it had good reviews on the website so hope it will smell nice.

is it true that the next fragrance in the line is called '...gentlemen, please?'

I can't take this skincare seriously.
It looks like lots of little cheap pots ... similar to Gale Hayman products.

I admit she does look good for her age but we all would if we had botox etc.

I hope I look half as good in 3-4 years when I'm her age ! BTW my best friend dated her brother Billy - they went to the same school, and I remember my friend saying Marie McLaughlin Lawrie (her real name) got into trouble for singing in school a few times !

I can't take this skincare seriously.
It looks like lots of little cheap pots ... similar to Gale Hayman products.
I do agree. The Gale Hayman always made me think of bare skin and bandages, or false limbs, for some reason, and once I'd got that into my head it was impossible to get it out again. The Lulu stuff is more attractive, but I think I've got away with it! I really, really can't afford it!

I do agree. The Gale Hayman always made me think of bare skin and bandages, or false limbs, for some reason, and once I'd got that into my head it was impossible to get it out again. The Lulu stuff is more attractive, but I think I've got away with it! I really, really can't afford it!

Satis,

You have hit the nail on the head there! I think it's because the packaging is the same colour as Barbie Dolls and Action Men! Also, the woman who fronts the brand is a sight.

It's funny how I forget, but I remember about 8 or 9 years ago LuLu did the Lottery show in the BBC and I always thought 'how much she'd changed' and 'how much plastic surgery she's had'.

Of course, now she's on QVC I've just seemingly accepted her as she is, n face value (excuse the pun), and actually, more has gone on than a good skin care range.

Surely, if LuLu's range is THAT good, we should then be able to expect BETTER results with our posher brands, for they have put years into research and development.

Just finally, maybe she looks better on the surface, but maybe her memory is showing her true age (by using crib cards)?

There comes a time in every woman's life when she looks younger if she dresses not as an old lady but more in keeping with her - to be celebrated gels - maturity and in yesterday's tea time show Lulu looked like Ellie-May Clampett - just ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back