Lulu - TSV - 06/01/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She does look great for her age, but then she does have the time and the money to always look her best.

Do wonder how much involvement she actually has with the line. Suspect it is more a case of her trying to cash in on the fact that she looks good by bringing out a skincare range. Don't blame her for that, but I think I shall be sticking to my Gatineau/Elemis/Decleor/Philosophy/Origins/Bliss/Chantecaille for the time being! :3:

I wonder just how much of the "looking good at 60" is actually down to Lulu's Skincare Range and not the amount of botox she's had?!! :33:

Have to agree with you Satis - I find her irritating too and soooooooooo full of herself.

I think Lulu looks absolutely fab and I love to see it when people take care of themselves and take time out to always look good. What lets her down is like you say BL she is full of herself which I think is not attractive quality to have, still at least she has reason to be up herself. You can get poeple that look right states who are up themselves!. She was saying last night she does yoga. Looking at her physique its clear that she works out, and I say respect!

I liked the kit with the bathrobe in. The body Kit and like the sound of the body oil too. Oil on your legs looks fab on a night out

[/B]

I think Lulu looks absolutely fab and I love to see it when people take care of themselves and take time out to always look good. What lets her down is like you say BL she is full of herself which I think is not attractive quality to have, still at least she has reason to be up herself. You can get poeple that look right states who are up themselves!. She was saying last night she does yoga. Looking at her physique its clear that she works out, and I say respect!

I work with a woman who is sixty next month. Unless you look at her very closely you would never guess. She has that natural, timeless elegance that money and potions cannot buy and she has the knack of looking great no matter what the occasion.

Lucky mare! I look like squat donkey next to her and I am ten years younger...

My late Mum was in her sixties when she died and she was still a beautiful woman, and that was without any cosmetic fixing, and she certainly didn't spend a fortune on skincare.
Lulu gets on my pip, quite frankly, and it's disingenuous to say that her looks are down to skincare and yoga since it's a well known fact that she has had a fair amount of cosmetic surgery and admitted recently that she 'used to' have botox and dermabrasion etc. I'm not criticising her for that, it's entirely her choice, but i do get miffed when Ali Young, who is constantly sniping at and attempting to humiliate some of the models for having cosmetic procedures, seems to forget how anti-surgery she is when presenting shows with Lulu or Tova.

My late Mum was in her sixties when she died and she was still a beautiful woman, and that was without any cosmetic fixing, and she certainly didn't spend a fortune on skincare.
Lulu gets on my pip, quite frankly, and it's disingenuous to say that her looks are down to skincare and yoga since it's a well known fact that she has had a fair amount of cosmetic surgery and admitted recently that she 'used to' have botox and dermabrasion etc. I'm not criticising her for that, it's entirely her choice, but i do get miffed when Ali Young, who is constantly sniping at and attempting to humiliate some of the models for having cosmetic procedures, seems to forget how anti-surgery she is when presenting shows with Lulu or Tova.

Well said.

.....or that talentless model Karen :fume::fume:

many models have had surgery, as you can see from the scar under their chin. I don't mind this, but I detest QVC/AY hypocritical attitude towards surgery. AY is always slagging off botox, face lift.... etc well let her be honest to Lulu, tova, karen, amica, and many other ones
I would not be suprised to see a scar under AY chin, or to see that she had botox

I have noticed she is constantly looking at 'crib cards' whilst talking about her products. Espically during the launch with JR last night.Ever see Liz Earle do that? Think not!
I used to find Lulu really irritating,especially the way she drops her scottish accent in whenever it suits her. She has sort of 'grown' on me over the years though! Perhaps it's because as I've got older looking she has sort of stood still! I will say though that I have never read anything nasty about her,so she is talented (singing,media,fashion)and seems a nice enough sort of person. I think she HAS been involved with developing the range,but lose respect for the fact she can't always remember what's in it!

I haven't tried this range,tbh I'm scared of getting into yet another skin care range! I always skuttle back to my LE products anyway and only use a few bits from other ranges now-Decleor peel off mask/iris oil/hydra floral mask, gatineau throat gel and lip lift.Anything else-including the whole elemis range-has been a huge let down for me.

My daughter bought me a gift boxed Pantene time renewal collection for Christmas which inlcuded fab hair products but also a 15ml Olay regenerist serum. I have to say I have been using it since xmas and it is really nice and I think I have seen a slight difference in my skin-what would AY say about me using a 'high street product'?! Anyway I was impressed enough to go to Wilkies to pick a second one up-where I found it had been reduced to £2.50 for shampoo,conditioner,overnight intensive treatment and olay regenerist serum,what a staggering bargain!

Last edited:
Just watching her now, she totally comes across as an insincere, self obsessed person.

She is very conscious of her actions and chooses her words VERY carefully, and as for that drifting in and out of a Scottish accent, as she desires it makes my pi*s steam ......:fume::fume::fume:

If she refers to that newspaper picture again, of her in a bikini ( she looks fabulous in it) I will put my size 3s through OHs telly ( his pride and joy), she SO OBVIOUSLY wants it to be shown again and again and.............................ad nauseum

Jabba, I couldn't remember her name, but you are absolutely right. Everytime she is on with our resident beauty expert, Ali goes on about Karen's looks and never seems to mention the obvious cosmetic work done. Same is true of Tiffany. Yet she is obnoxious to Diana and Amanda and has frequently commented on their procedures. A touch of hypocrisy from our natural beauty advocate.

Jabba, I couldn't remember her name, but you are absolutely right. Everytime she is on with our resident beauty expert, Ali goes on about Karen's looks and never seems to mention the obvious cosmetic work done. Same is true of Tiffany. Yet she is obnoxious to Diana and Amanda and has frequently commented on their procedures. A touch of hypocrisy from our natural beauty advocate.

:LOL::LOL: Ali Keenan just said to Lulu about her (Lulu) having tried dermabrasion, Lulu almost :crap: herself and quick;y glossed over it saying very rapidly, it didnt suit my skin, its too delicate:LOL::LOL:

Does she think our heads button up the back :?: Even though hers looks like it actually does, the skin is that tight:LOL::LOL:

I wonder just how much of the "looking good at 60" is actually down to Lulu's Skincare Range and not the amount of botox she's had?!! :33:

I dont mind Lulu and her "scottish accent" :LOL: but I just cant take this range seriously and it is about the only beauty range that I will not watch on QVC because yes Lulu looks good but it is NOT down to her products!!!! and I wish they would stop saying it is!!

I thought she looked very strange today - sort of greasy and rubbery! Was she trying to look like

I thought she looked very strange today - sort of greasy and rubbery! Was she trying to look like

...whoops pressed wrong button. Was she trying to look like Ellie-May Clampett in the five o'clock programme - and she so obviously had crib cards on lap!

How do you know they were crib cards? They could have been playing Snap!

Latest posts

Back