Lulu Guinness

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

While waiting for an appointment at the clinic last night, I spied a girl with a beautiful pillar box red Lulu bag, it was stunning and jumped right out at me. She was wearing quite a casual outfit, black slim fit jeans and a jacket, but had her Lulu and a beautiful scarf on which matched and looked lovely.

Cheers Latchi, I really think her shade of true red is the best I've seen in leather. Funnily enough I compared the colour of my red LG bag with a huge rack of red leather bags in TK Maxx. They looked either washed out or very orangey by comparision to LG's.

I've got my little red LULU crossover bag i got in the sale, still not used. Went out last week for the last of my
birthday celebrations with the girls from work and one of them had a lovely Ted Baker bag which i had my eye
on, was beautifooool and a lovely colour of pale pink :heart:

I agree Ted baker are very, very good Barb. I've got a gold tote with a black glitter bow on the front. Stunning & sturdy.
The patent bags they do are lovely too, beautiful colours what ever the season. I was weighing up which one to get but LG was slightly cheaper in the sale and was leather, so plumped for hers but TB was a very close runner up!

I agree Ted baker are very, very good Barb. I've got a gold tote with a black glitter bow on the front. Stunning & sturdy.
The patent bags they do are lovely too, beautiful colours what ever the season. I was weighing up which one to get but LG was slightly cheaper in the sale and was leather, so plumped for hers but TB was a very close runner up!

Oh yours sounds lovely:) The thing is since i've looked them up on the website they keep appearing on the forum in between threads

tempting me to look at them and BUY. But i'm resisting . :cash:

I've got a Ted Baker wallet. Use it every day and it still looks great 3 years on. I don't like a big combined purse. I never have. I've always had a small coin purse and a credit card wallet.

Resist barb, resist! You can do it!! :) x

Or try to hang on until the sales :wink: Having said that the cross over shiny bags didn't go in their Jan sale. I got one of the last sale totes left for £27. Bargain, as it's very strong plastic and gets heavy use every day as it's my laptop case for work x.

Last edited:
I've never been a handbag snob before. That is until the talk of LuLu Guinness on here. Now I own 2 and a wallet. All bought in the sales. I wouldn't dream of buying at full price even on easy pay. I couldn't afford too. They are beautiful quality. I went hand bag shopping with my Mum today (for her not me ) Nothing that I saw was a patch on LuLu's bags. Some of the bags were over £100 but nowhere near as nice.
I have a few Kipling bags. Some of those are expensive now for what they are. Roll on the next LuLu sale!

Just been to Ebay, saw one of Lulu's new powder pink
LULU GUINNESS POWDER PINK QUILTED LIPS LEATHER SMALL AUDRA / CLUTCH BAG
Buy now for £95...........if anyone is interested.

$T2eC16ZHJHgE9n0yG-0zBRMeC!2Le!~~60_12.JPG

Thanks C, can't say I'm not very tempted coz I am, but hanging on for the cobalt blue or white Nicola bag to come into a sale. Well it's literally got my name on it, be very rude not to at a good sale price. :wink: Somehow I don't think they will be in her sale tho' as they're the ones that seem to keep selling out at £350!! Oh well, a girl can but dream x. :angel:

I bought an LG bag from Cocoa and even though I liked it, it just weighed too much at 2.4kg before putting anything in it and I am a 6 ft a amazon! Would anyone care to weigh their LG bags and let me know what they weigh.
Bought a black leather Kipling Blenny on Sunday from TKmaxx for £30.00. Light as a feather and the leather is soft like butter. Must say I am lucky with Kipling bags from Tkmaxx.

Last edited:
Oh yes, was it you who bought the red lips fabric romilly ILS? I recall someone buying that from Cocosa & posting that they were sending it back as it was too heavy. Some of her chain straps are rather substantial too. They look great but can be on the heavy side to lug about.

The black patent franka is fine for me, not as light as the leather romilly but still comfortable to carry. It's not a large bag altho' a fair size so that helps.

Yes Caretodiffer, that reminds me I bought a bag in clearance from Q, seemed a bargain on the original price however the suede turned out to be very thin & was backed by pvc on the inside. It looked nice but split in a few weeks. It was only used for light items too! I think it was about £50 in clearance so not that cheap either. I bought the red Lulu Romilly bag in the Jan sale, my 1st LG purchase. Like you say I was pleasantly surprised by how it didn't weigh me down at all. It's also a true pillar box red so goes with practically all my winter clothes. It's surprisingly hard to get a good colour red in leather. I was delighted like you were with yours. Worn brilliantly thus far too, still looks like new despite being bashed about on trains & used most days.

All the shopping channels make me laugh the way they flamboyantly declare how everything's such a bargain, even if it's £100, £300 upwards! Some of Q's "T" callers proudly declare that they have dozens or over 100 items from a particular brand. I just think Jeez how much have they spent & where to they put it all??

I am economising tho'. I bought the red carpet manicure TSV as I always like to have french or pale painted nails. I didn't get it when it was on as a TSV the last time & kicked myself every time I was waiting for normal nails to dry & have them chip on me 2-3 days later. So it was a planned purchase. Spent £81 incl p&p on the RCM gel system, but bought the Sainsbury's own acetone remover for £1.30 saving 70p compared to Sally Hansen's one. Ultra thrifty me lol :wink:

I have the RCM TSV from the time before last and I have not even opened my box yet, so I hope I have got everything in it.
I was given a couple of manicure vouchers by friends for my birthday last year and I have used them, and when I was in the USA, last Aug, my niece treated me to manicure and pedicure....the manicure was with gel and they lasted for weeks...they never chipped and looked very good till I removed them.Of course they grew away as the nails grew.
I too got Asda's acetone and got them off in the end ( I soaked wrapped cotton wool around them, wrapped them with cooking foil and they came off easily :happy: )

I have a confession to make my Lulu bag is Ruby, I have been calling it Romilly till today until I saw it on Lulu's web.
I somehow like the name Romilly :sad:

Oh yes, was it you who bought the red lips fabric romilly ILS? I recall someone buying that from Cocosa & posting that they were sending it back as it was too heavy. Some of her chain straps are rather substantial too. They look great but can be on the heavy side to lug about.

The black patent franka is fine for me, not as light as the leather romilly but still comfortable to carry. It's not a large bag altho' a fair size so that helps.
Yes twas me who regretfully returned it.

Awwww, don't think I know what the Ruby one looks like, I will take a look. Still no cobalt blue or white meduim Nicola bag on her website, my prospects for those look pretty doubtful for appearing in the next sale, but I live in hope & they're actually £395 not £350 as I thought!

The RCM is fab, I've done 2 sets now. You were lucky, Q cocked up the majority of orders for the last TSV several weeks ago. People are still writing on here saying they haven't got their correct polishes. I think RCM are very kindly sorting it all out with the remainig people directly now.

You can just dip nails in shallow bowls of acetone remover for 10 mins too, saves all that faff of foil etc. Then pour the remaining acetone back into the bottle, see I really can do thrifty oh yes! :rock:

Oh and you can do the RCM base coat as per instructions, then a normal polish. Let dry completely, preferably over nite, then do the rcm top coat over the top, again follow the RCM instructions for that, simples x.

Yes twas me who regretfully returned it.

I thought so, damn what a shame! Oh well, lesson learned eh. I checked out some of her bags in the shop after your experience so that I'd know for future reference. Some people mentioned the chain straps being chunky and I must admit I found them a little heavy for me. What also surprised me was that they had an Edith bag in there, charming scene of a souvenir shop but it certainly wasn't light. I was amazed how heavy it is considering it's canvas type fabric. Beautiful tho' but can see what you mean with the bag weight thing.

Awwww, don't think I know what the Ruby one looks like, I will take a look. Still no cobalt blue or white meduim Nicola bag on her website, my prospects for those look pretty doubtful for appearing in the next sale, but I live in hope & they're actually £395 not £350 as I thought!

The RCM is fab, I've done 2 sets now. You were lucky, Q cocked up the majority of orders for the last TSV several weeks ago. People are still writing on here saying they haven't got their correct polishes. I think RCM are very kindly sorting it all out with the remainig people directly now.

You can just dip nails in shallow bowls of acetone remover for 10 mins too, saves all that faff of foil etc. Then pour the remaining acetone back into the bottle, see I really can do thrifty oh yes! :rock:

Oh and you can do the RCM base coat as per instructions, then a normal polish. Let dry completely, preferably over nite, then do the rcm top coat over the top, again follow the RCM instructions for that, simples x.
I had read about them getting the colours wrong.Glad I did not order the last one.

I had posted a picture of my handbag in the thread that Capirossi and we all talked about our bags:happy:
Nobody corrected me, so I kept thinking it was Romily
Here is a picture of it-----this is the midi, mine is the large one
LULU-0190-690-279-010.jpg

I love it. It is very light and very secure .

Thank you for your tips, Nikki:bear:
I like your thriftiness :happy: I am thrifty too (not all the time) and then I blow my money on my hols.

Sorry for poking my nose in, but I think that bag is the Ruthie, and very nice it is too, I never had an LG bag until I discovered this forum, now I have 10, but most of them have been bought in sales etc, well that is my story!

I love her napa/soft leather. It's one of those that you really have to see it in real life to appreciate it, the TV can't do it full justice. I had a lovely time in the shop, seeing them for myself and casting my beady, wanting eye on a few b4 her July sale :tongue:

Ah ha, just seen Letz's post, that explains it, I've seen the Ruthie one, gorg! Letz, you're up to 10 now! Bet you say to the other half what sonmeone else posted if he questions any, "Oh yeh those old things, had them for oooh years" LOL :angel:

Last edited:
Sorry for poking my nose in, but I think that bag is the Ruthie, and very nice it is too, I never had an LG bag until I discovered this forum, now I have 10, but most of them have been bought in sales etc, well that is my story!

Yes, I think it was more Ruthie than Ruby,in fact, now I am very sure it was Ruthie and that was what I called it in the old thread, thank you, Letz-be-avenue for putting me out of my misery. I knew it was not a Ruby .
but it is called Ruby in her site.
"Black Quilted Lips Leather Mid Ruby" it is called there.

PS

I have been back to see the bag at her site..........I found this:
Description
An adaptation of AW11’s Ruthie, the Ruby is a more compact shoulder bag which will transform from day to night in style. Wear in black to fit with any outfit or colour.

So she must have discontinued Ruthie :thinking:

Last edited:
Ooh yes, I see what you mean, I like it as it looks like a good every day bag, I haven't got one of those, yet! I do like the Franka but it is a heavy bag, the wanda is nice and light though x

Latest posts

Back