Lulu Guinness TSV 2/5/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lulu Guinness Saffiano Leather Small Paula Bag with Strap & Contrast Edging
Item Number: 136163
QVC Price £291.00
Today's Special Value Price £244.80
P&P £5.95

Fashionable and feminine, this designer handbag is created from beautiful, durable Saffiano leather, and features contrast-colour edges and gold-tone metal hardware throughout including the new Lulu Guinness cut-out, lip zip pull. Versatile enough to wear as either a cross-body day bag or chic evening handbag, the small Paula will not only be a true investment accessory but will make real a standout style statement whatever your look.

Durable leather - Saffiano leather is a very elegant type of leather featuring distinctive markings in a series of diagonal lines across the surface. This unique design creates a highly scratch resistant surface making this type of leather ideal for office and everyday use handbags that will last the test of time.

Perfect for any occasion - its detachable, adjustable leather strap with antique gold-tone lobster clasps means the iconic small Paula can be used as a casual cross-body bag, roomy enough for all your daily essentials. Plus the beautifully crafted leather handles allow you to remove the strap and use the bag as a chic accessory to your eveningwear.

Distinctive lining - rather than the signature black and white stripes, the cotton twill lining is plain black with a jumble of white printed Lulu Guinness letters and a scattering of printed red lips - only available with this handbag.

Gold-tone zip fastening on the top, complete with Lulu Guinness cut-out lip zip pulls
Antique gold-look hardware includes four stud feet underneath to protect the base and an embossed Lulu Guinness logo on the front of the bag
Cotton twill lining with interior zip pocket and mobile phone holder
Leather logo tag on the internal zip pocket
Dust bag included
Bag (h x w x d): 19cm x 25cm x 9cm (7.4" x 9.8" x 3.5")
Strap drop: 53cm - 61cm (20.8" - 24")
Handle drop: 10cm (3.9")

Colour options:

Black with a red leather piping trim
Red with a black leather piping trim
Damson with an orange leather piping trim
Orange with a midnight leather piping trim
Grey with a black leather piping trim

Behind the brand
Lulu Guinness OBE is one of the leading ladies of British fashion, and has been internationally recognised for her innovation and style since launching her company in 1989. Her iconic designs and must-have accessories are made from the finest materials and are collected by fashion lovers worldwide.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.136163

Looks much better in real life than in the photos (typical QVC).

The grey is beautiful, so classy.

Sadly something's just not quite right for me. I feel the shape needs the smooth leather rather than saffiano.

It's amazing, a £250 bag were the zips good quality, it just glides across. Funny enough my £50 leather bag does that too :giggle:

Shame Lulu Guinness can't be bothered to show her fans the respect they deserve and show up to the launch of her own TSV, especially when they're parting with quite a lot of their money.

Looks much better in real life than in the photos (typical QVC).

The grey is beautiful, so classy.

Sadly something's just not quite right for me. I feel the shape needs the smooth leather rather than saffiano.

I could not agree more, think it does look lovely in the flesh, but am still not tempted, and it looks a bit titchy to me, like a little girl's bag

Shame Lulu Guinness can't be bothered to show her fans the respect they deserve and show up to the launch of her own TSV, especially when they're parting with quite a lot of their money.
They did say at the start of the show that she's ill. Whether that's true or not who knows!

I do like Lulu as she talks about her inspiration for the bags, but somehow Nicola is the better saleswoman as she talks about the bag and shows you around the bag in more detail, so her presentations tend to be more useful.

Last edited:
I love it, I haven't yet decided which colour I prefer its been the orange and damon.
I must admit I really do not like the grey, there is just something about that shade i dont like.

They did say at the start of the show that she's ill. Whether that's true or not who knows!

I do like Lulu as she talks about her inspiration for the bags, but somehow Nicola is the better saleswoman as she talks about the bag and shows you around the bag in more detail, so her presentations tend to be more useful.

They've said that the past three TSVs. I don't buy Lulu but just had QVC on in the background, I do agree Nicola is the better saleswoman of the two.

Lined up on the table the bags looked Autumnal to me and I was hoping there'd be a pastel. It's the black trim that cheapens the look of the grey option, almost any other colour would have lifted the grey. The size is perfect for me, as long as it fits purse, phone, meds and a lippy it'd work for me size-wise.

Thank goodness I don't so leather ....I agree about LuLu not being there though ....if she is Unwell then fair enough ..but if the keeps saying this ...then it's not good enough ...she has some loyal fans out there

I went to Cheshire Oaks the other week with my daughter for some retail therapy and found Fiorelli were having a sale I ended up with four bags and then found a lovely pink one in Debenhams. :mysmilie_14:

Sounds like you got some bargains Nora! I keep meaning to go to Cheshire Oaks, not been for years and I believe it's changed loads, lots more designer shops there now? (Of course I really just want to go for the Lulu Guinness outlet!)

Thank goodness I don't so leather ....I agree about LuLu not being there though ....if she is Unwell then fair enough ..but if the keeps saying this ...then it's not good enough ...she has some loyal fans out there

Some chronic medical conditions do fluctuate and occur at inconvenient times so it's perfectly plausible that she is unable to attend at short notice.

I've lost count of the number of times over the years that I've had to cry off events at short notice and I'd hate to think that people were saying 'it's not good enough' about me... when my condition is outside of my control.

Let's assume she's telling the truth rather than thinking she can't be bothered.

Well its the second tsv in a week where the vendor has cried off - (Diane Gilman), not saying anything, but maybe the way Q is going, then the glitz and 'pull' of the channel is wearing off - it only needs Kelly Hoppen, Simon Wilson and Michelle Hope to cry off on their tsv's and then its all hands on deck !

well let's hope....my posts are not meant to be snotty I assure you ...I just know that a lot of people put good faith into her very expensive products ..

well let's hope....my posts are not meant to be snotty I assure you ...I just know that a lot of people put good faith into her very expensive products ..

Didn't take it as snotty - it's just that, having personal experience of a chronic illness, I know that 'episodes' of being unable to go somewhere can hit at any time and I rely on my friends and colleagues to understand that it is not by choice that I let them down.

I don't think Lulu's non-apearance should reflect on the quality of her product or whether she values her customers - it should purely be seen at face value - her health prevents her attending.

If she had turned up, high or slow from meds or whatever, and given a less than satisfactory performance then everyone would be critical of that too - she can't win really.

Sounds like you got some bargains Nora! I keep meaning to go to Cheshire Oaks, not been for years and I believe it's changed loads, lots more designer shops there now? (Of course I really just want to go for the Lulu Guinness outlet!)

I went to Cheshire Oaks last week - I had a lovely time, although I am not sure my OH did!

It is huge now - and parking quite difficult in busy times. I did look in the window of the Lulu Guinness shop - there was a red quilted lips bag there for about £130.00, I think this may have been a Jenny? Anyway it did look nice, but I am more of a Kipling girl, so headed off to their outlet instead. Having said that there was nothing in there to tempt me, I thought for a Kipling outlet the prices were quite expensive.

I went to Cheshire Oaks last week - I had a lovely time, although I am not sure my OH did!

It is huge now - and parking quite difficult in busy times. I did look in the window of the Lulu Guinness shop - there was a red quilted lips bag there for about £130.00, I think this may have been a Jenny? Anyway it did look nice, but I am more of a Kipling girl, so headed off to their outlet instead. Having said that there was nothing in there to tempt me, I thought for a Kipling outlet the prices were quite expensive.

The last time I visited an LG outlet was in Bicester around Christmas - I wasn't that impressed by the stock variety to be honest.

Last week I was in Gunwharf Quays and went to the Kipling outlet - I found the same as you.. not that much of a reduction and not that much of a choice of colours.

Very disappointed as I had money burning a hole in my pocket.

I tend to think that these 'outlet' places are sometimes not worth the petrol visiting. A lot of the stuff is 'bought in' to offer at lower prices, and the higher end items are still out of reach of most people. A recent visit to Bicester Village was an eye-opener, the place was awash with foreign and wealthy shoppers laden with designer carriers, and clearly believe that paying £1,500 reduced price for a handbag was a bargain - which it probably is in their own country. This gave me the impression that these places are not for the indigenous population with limited spending power, but are a cash cow for overseas tourists.

Well at least I am very happy with this TSV, I have ordered both the black and the red bags.

I already have two staffiano LG bags,1 from QVC and 1 from LG, and they look much better in real life than on the tv or web page.:mysmilie_14:

Latest posts

Back