Lulu Guinness TSV 12th August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As a very casual (older) girl, mainly a jeans wearer - what LG handbag would you suggest? I wear my handbag over my shoulder. I like the look the purple patent suzy (and the price) but wonder whether purple is a difficult colour to wear. I have an emerald green suede coat which it would look nice with but rarely wear it now.

As a very casual (older) girl, mainly a jeans wearer - what LG handbag would you suggest? I wear my handbag over my shoulder. I like the look the purple patent suzy (and the price) but wonder whether purple is a difficult colour to wear. I have an emerald green suede coat which it would look nice with but rarely wear it now.

The Franka's go on the shoulder, although I haven't tried with a coat. The polka dot ones are much nicer in the flesh, and are brilliant at doing casual! The stone patent Franka (or the navy if still available) is very understated and could be worn with anything.

I think the purple would go with more than you imagine. I would try it with a green coat actually, it could look quite cool! It would go with black, navy, beige etc...even red! Depends how brave you are. The only coat I don't use my purple bag with is my brown one, but again, it's not completely out of the question. I don't think there are many rules anymore. I just tend to wear what I like and think bugger everyone else!! I had a brown and cream animal print dress on yesterday and used my stone polka dot Franka. Bit much going on but so what?! I wanted to use that bag so I did!! I love that attitude. It only comes with age though I think!

The cut out Wanda also goes on the shoulder and red, navy and white still available in the sale.

Just had an email warning me it's the last weekend of the sale. Thankful for that!! :rolleyes:

Hope you manage to get a bargain. Whatever you go for you'll love it. Bear in mind that the small Wanda does not go on the shoulder. Good luck, have fun choosing :p

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I am here to fess up again!!! I gave in and ordered the purple patent Suzy. Having looked at it every day since the sale began and dithered. Finally said I am worth it and the price of all three of the bags in the sale I have bought do not total one of them at full price so therefore an absolute bargain.

Best tell the kids it is beans on toast for the next few weeks lol

I also received the email on my phone, saw the Romilly Large in black, came home logged on and it's gone:sweat: guess I'm not supposed to have one lol!!

I also received the email on my phone, saw the Romilly Large in black, came home logged on and it's gone:sweat: guess I'm not supposed to have one lol!!

Hi

Sorry you didn't get your bag.

This afternoon I went to the Burlington Arcade shop and they had a black nylon wanda and a red and a stone romilly. If you can't get to the shop they are happy to post it to you.

I am here to fess up again!!! I gave in and ordered the purple patent Suzy. Having looked at it every day since the sale began and dithered. Finally said I am worth it and the price of all three of the bags in the sale I have bought do not total one of them at full price so therefore an absolute bargain.

The purple patent Suzy bag is gorgeous. I have it in the leather version although I prefer the patent one.

The red franka is such a lovely bag. I can see why you are finding it hard to send it back. :heart:

My dad came visit this evening and has given me some money. Wasn't expecting it, Tomorrow I will go and have a quick look at the Sloane square shop, I am really after a nice wallet to go with my new bags. There is no hope for me. My colleague was teasing me today - said maybe I need to see someone regarding my addiction to lulu bags.

We are also in the middle of redecorating so I should not buy anymore bags but they are so gorgeous, I can't help myself. :devil:

Ladies have any of you added your lulu bags to household insurance? One of my colleague's has a few mulberry bag and was telling me that she has added them to her household insurance.

Haha!! You can tell your colleague that you are talking to someone about your addiction - us!! Not sure we're actually helping much though.........:wonder:

Oh dear. Am on verge of ordering purple Suzy for my mum. Hmm...wonder if my two darling sisters want to go thirds?! Ah, may just do it anyway. She adores Lulu and always lusts after my bags. She looks after my Dad who is now in a wheelchair with MS, and even though she is still a champion shopper, a Lulu would be such a treat for her!! Ah, it's got to be done. Delivery direct to her I think, do you agree? It's so nicely packaged, and she won't have a clue what it is until she sees the LG sticker on the tissue paper! Excited now!! :D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Yes, that's a lovely idea - do it! And definitely delivery straight to your Mum, that way you won't open it and be tempted..........

The patent quilted Jenny bags would be good - they fit on the shoulder, hold a fair amount and look smart without looking too dressy :sun:

Hi

Sorry you didn't get your bag.

This afternoon I went to the Burlington Arcade shop and they had a black nylon wanda and a red and a stone romilly. If you can't get to the shop they are happy to post it to you.

Tashasaw - can you please stop name dropping all these Lulu shops you've been to?!! It's really unfair - I have another two months to wait until my trip to London!!!:doh:

My mink purse was delivered today and I decided just to surprise mum rather than save it for Xmas. Needless today she was absolutely thrilled!! Xmas in July right enough!!

My mink purse was delivered today and I decided just to surprise mum rather than save it for Xmas. Needless today she was absolutely thrilled!! Xmas in July right enough!!

I was going to say that I'm not sure I'm strong enough to buy an LG for someone and actually give it to them but then I remembered that I got my Mum the phone holder for Christmas last year and for her birthday next month she wanted the Poppies clutch (like a large purse) that was on QVC so I got that too - I'm slowly converting her!!

Go for it....that's what I think. The 2 bags and purse I have bought do not equate to one of the bags full price!!

Tasha re: insurance ... check your policy. All household insurance should note the limit on each "personal possession". So it might say all individual items over £500 or £1000 or £1500 should be separately listed. I had my Betty Barclay bag nicked a couple if years ago but it wasn't the cost of the bag that was the issue it was the contents. The bag was about £130 but the claim was nigh on £1000!

My insurance is for any individual item over £1200 should be separately listed so I've only got jewellery listed. No high tech computers or fancy TVs here. Oh and I've got one geetar listed. My son paid an insane amount of money for it.

I think you can buy handbag insurance on it's own but I'm not sure.

Also worth remembering that if you claim you have to pay the excess on any claim.

I also had to claim to get the locks replaced on my house and my car. And get my car recovered from the car park ... I only had one key!! The whole thing was a nightmare.

Haha!! You can tell your colleague that you are talking to someone about your addiction - us!! Not sure we're actually helping much though.........:wonder:

Thanks PP, I have to say I don't feel so bad, I feel I amongst like minded ladies with good taste. I can't believe that I went in to the Burlington arcade shop today and didn't buy anything. OH was with me and asked me if I was feeling ill as I came out empty handed.

Tasha re: insurance ... check your policy. All household insurance should note the limit on each "personal possession". So it might say all individual items over £500 or £1000 or £1500 should be separately listed. I had my Betty Barclay bag nicked a couple if years ago but it wasn't the cost of the bag that was the issue it was the contents. The bag was about £130 but the claim was nigh on £1000!

My insurance is for any individual item over £1200 should be separately listed so I've only got jewellery listed. No high tech computers or fancy TVs here. Oh and I've got one geetar listed. My son paid an insane amount of money for it.

I think you can buy handbag insurance on it's own but I'm not sure.

Also worth remembering that if you claim you have to pay the excess on any claim.

I also had to claim to get the locks replaced on my house and my car. And get my car recovered from the car park ... I only had one key!! The whole thing was a nightmare.

Thank you Tinkerbelle, :mysmilie_504: This is very good advice. I will look into this. I have quite a number of lulus and would be devestated if they got nicked. It is horrible getting your bag stolen, good thing that your insurance paid out. Couple of years ago I had a Roberto Cavalli bag nicked in the Early learning centre shop. I bought the bag from Brand Alley. I had it on my daughter's buggy and got distracted. I didn't notice it was missing until I went to the till to pay for some toys. I didn't even think of claimimg anything from household insurance.

I managed to get the Romilly!!!! I kept refreshing whilst I was making supper and it came back. Someone either changed their minds or the people at LG are adding the bags on to the site one by one to torture me lol. I got my mink purse and conffetti clutch today too. They're lovely and the clutch bag is such a substansial weight.

I managed to get the Romilly!!!! I kept refreshing whilst I was making supper and it came back. Someone either changed their minds or the people at LG are adding the bags on to the site one by one to torture me lol. I got my mink purse and conffetti clutch today too. They're lovely and the clutch bag is such a substansial weight.

I am so glad you got your bag. :happy: It is awful when something you want badly is sold out. The bag is meant for you.

Last edited:
Thanks PP, I have to say I don't feel so bad, I feel I amongst like minded ladies with good taste. I can't believe that I went in to the Burlington arcade shop today and didn't buy anything. OH was with me and asked me if I was feeling ill as I came out empty handed.

Think my husband would simply heave a sigh of relief if I left empty handed - either that or faint with shock!

Latest posts

Back