Lulu Guinness TSV 03/05/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What do you think of the "Lulu" by Lulu Guinness range if you've seen it in the flesh?

I bought one in Florida last year for about $50. It was a print design, very Lulu, with patent (plastic!) trim. I really like it and I think the quality was good for the price. Not high end couture of course but a nice, well made bag.

i've never purchased the Lulu range, but i've seen some on ebay and have been tempted... maybe i should try it seeing that it is a lot more affordable.

Funny how the Raspberry and Stone are showing in stock today after apparently selling out.

i need this bag!! the lips lining proves its only available to Q right?

Yes, QVC.. however, I prefer the lips lining as to me it is Lulu's iconic signature. I always wanted a Franka bag and I ended up getting mine virtually new from ebay. I got the black with the lips lining. I really love it, but it is fairly heavy before you even start filling it up so do not use it every day. I also love Kipling as they are so light but they can look a bit too casual at times

All 4 colours are back in stock if anyone has a waitlist order you can phone and ask CS to assign one of these to your order rather than waiting for new stock (or returns) to come in.

Only 1 black in stock but 5+ of the others.

:mysmilie_520:

My LG bag left the warehouse day before yesterday.

Will it be today? Tomorrow?

Hanging onto the edge of my seat by my fingernails with bated breath...

I am happy to say I have never been tempted by the LG bags, which is just as well as I couldn't really justify the price. I don't even watch the LG shows as her little twee voice does my head in. I expect she is a very nice lady in real life.lol

I received mine today, in a box for once, no blue bag in sight! I ordered the stone and it's a really nice bag, good size too. The only thing I don't like is the Lulu Guinness tag being attached by one stitch each end as I think this is a money saving measure and makes it stand out as such, I hope I'm wrong about that but I don't ever recall any from Lulu direct that has the name tag attached in such away, would love to know if anyone can tell me different. All in all it's quite classy I was concerned it would be a bit old looking as in something my Gran would carry but it actually isn't I think it is a style that any age could carry. I'm pleased with mine and glad I purchased, couldn't initially decide between the Stone and Blue but really wanted to add a good quality Stone handbag to my ever growing collection, I'm hoping the light blue Izzy will be in LG's sale.

:mysmilie_520:

Went out for lunch with in-laws and missed the delivery!

Have rearranged it for tomorrow. Oooohhhh the suspense...

My blue one arrived today and I love it. However the box it was in was battered and bashed and there was a hole in it through which you could clearly see the bag. Luckily the bag was undamaged. I have emailed Q as I feel that, although it was nice to see it in the box, it wasnt strong enough for rough treatment by the courier company.

My blue one arrived today and I love it. However the box it was in was battered and bashed and there was a hole in it through which you could clearly see the bag. Luckily the bag was undamaged. I have emailed Q as I feel that, although it was nice to see it in the box, it wasnt strong enough for rough treatment by the courier company.

Did the blue come over well on screen? is it the same in real life? I struggled to decide on colour as I really liked the look of the blue but am aware the colours don't always come over true to life on tv and I'd like to get a bag in this colour, thnx

The blue was slightly darker than I expected JW2 but its still a nice colour and I think the bag is well constructed. Cant wait to use it.

My bag arrived today,do like it but not sure stone was the best colour for me, what does concern me is the last time I nearly ordered an LG bag from Q they told me the courier would insist on a signature as it was a high value item, I would not be in to sign for it as I work full time and can't have items delivered to work. When asked if I could have it delivered to a neighbour, they advised me I would have to confirm the neighbour's name when I ordered it and they would have to show them some sort of id for me such as a credit card etc. I was not going to ask my next door neighbour (a busy mum) to wait in for a few days until my bag turned, up so I never ordered it and got it cheaper elsewhere.
Yet I ordered the Tsv Saturday and it was left outside in the pouring rain today, it was in a box, which collapsed as soon as I picked it up and whilst it was not damaged it was not in a dust bag just a plastic bag with some tissue paper, why!
Other people appear to have got a dust bag with theirs, why did an almost £300 bag not come with a dust bag and why are Q not a bit more fussy about how expensive items get delivered?

My bag arrived today,do like it but not sure stone was the best colour for me, what does concern me is the last time I nearly ordered an LG bag from Q they told me the courier would insist on a signature as it was a high value item, I would not be in to sign for it as I work full time and can't have items delivered to work. When asked if I could have it delivered to a neighbour, they advised me I would have to confirm the neighbour's name when I ordered it and they would have to show them some sort of id for me such as a credit card etc. I was not going to ask my next door neighbour (a busy mum) to wait in for a few days until my bag turned, up so I never ordered it and got it cheaper elsewhere.
Yet I ordered the Tsv Saturday and it was left outside in the pouring rain today, it was in a box, which collapsed as soon as I picked it up and whilst it was not damaged it was not in a dust bag just a plastic bag with some tissue paper, why!
Other people appear to have got a dust bag with theirs, why did an almost £300 bag not come with a dust bag and why are Q not a bit more fussy about how expensive items get delivered?

That's terrible! I'm lucky to have a really good Hermes courier but boy it's different if I have something delivered on his day off, one day I had 4 largeish boxes and two blue bags stacked up outside my house up against my gates, I live on a country lane with a fair distance to nearest neighbour so anyone could have driven past and picked them up, on top of that is was raining and like you when I picked up the boxes they all collapsed as they were soaked luckily items were ok, there are at least three occasions he said he tried to deliver and he was nowhere to be seen!

My LG bag came in a box, inside it was just in a plastic bag but I did have a dust bag inside the bag which is a little bizarre I did think surely it should have been in its dust bag and then in the plastic bag but that's Q really not a great deal of common sense at times!

Mine arrived yesterday. Absolutely beautiful. I examined every square millimetre for any faults (none) and moved into it. Used it today going out with a friend (I'm on annual leave), and she noticed it immediately, without me even drawing attention to it. She doesn't know the brand, and would have been horrified if I had confessed the price :blush: but she asked to handle it, said the colour was gorgeous (black cherry) and said that it was obviously very high quality.

I'm really going to treasure this bag.

So pleased you like it Crinkly, I have the small Eva in Navy patent; I've been using it most of this week. I've also got 2 bags in black cherry :blush: and I wouldn't rule out buying a third. It's a surprisingly versatile colour and seems to go with a wide range of colours, Summer or Winter. Welcome to the fold, I'm sure it won't be your last! :mysmilie_59:

There's a sale twice a year on LG's own website with final reductions at 70% off which is how I've accumulated most of my bags :mysmilie_50: There's an odd bargain to be had on ebay as well, although many of the sale bags appear there with an obvious mark up after the sale :mysmilie_10: but hey who am I to judge?

Latest posts

Back