Lulu Guinness/Q great sale...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MinxyKitten

Registered Shopper
Lulu sale starts today, 50% off. I see Q are desperately trying to shift that 'one in a million bag' by reducing it and putting on 4 pay! Awful bag to start with, and way overpriced!

Am not impressed with any of the bags in the great sale, most of them were already in Clearance anyway. Wish they would do a proper sale.

Am not holding out hope for the Lulu sale either as haven't seen anything on her site for a while that I liked, or would justify spending the money on.

Thanks for the info re Lulu's sale, had a look and agree there is nothing in there I fancy at all,the bag I do like is the Paula and that is fairly new so isn't reduced. I really don't know how Q think they are going to shift some of the rubbish they have in Clearance, that One in a million bag being a great example, well at least my money is safe, x

I'd go for the first one.

Don't like the second one and the first is much more of a bargain anyway!

I really don't know what to do! I can stretch to £175 to treat myself, so......

Do I go for this 'Jenny' Nappa Leather full sized handbag:

http://www.luluguinness.com/sale/sale-50-off/black-oversized-quilted-lips-jenny

or this...... nylon pouch

http://www.qvcuk.com/Lulu-Guinness-One-in-a-Million-Medium-Kara-Bag.product.150835.html?sc=150835-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-150835

Decisions decisions! :sweat:

Omg what a dilemma!!!! ;-)

I have visited the site once and didn't fancy a thing. Am so happy! :)

I know nicnac and MinxyKitten. But QVC will give me a strip of cheap ribbon that I can attach to the nylon pouch
- they have explained in their video that I could even use the ribbon as a shoulder strap!!! :mysmilie_13:

The "cosmetic bag" is lovely, but I think there's more value for your money in the bag and more savings as well (£175) and on the "cosmetic bag" you are saving £15.

I saw the nappa Jenny out and about the other day, it really seems a nice bag, lovely soft leather and a great size, and this is a good price, I have the Nicola bag, in the cobalt blue, a small one though, and am very pleased with it,think out of the two I prefer the Jenny, it really is lovely :mysmilie_59:

Thanks Letz-be-avenue, I've got my Lulu Guinness sale items on a shortlist - I'll decide tomorrow!

Oh I wish I hadn't come back on and seen that Nicola! I kinda ignored it earlier, but have spent the best part of today looking for an everyday black shoulder bag. I have the black patent Amelia which I adore, but I want something I don't have to be so precious with. Hmm....the Jenny is nice too and I really like the updated shape. Can anyone else see rings on the side that look like a strap attaches to them? Although no mention of one...

Oh dear...my problem is that since LG no other bags come up to scratch! I ordered a beautiful tan leather Osprey bag and I was so underwhelmed, no feet, gawdy lining. I have spoilt myself!!

Ah great minds, was about to ask the same question as Lulu is coming up at 5pm! That's a lovely bag, and such a bargain. I caved and ordered the medium Nicola from LG and also the small Nicola from House of Fraser. I have a feeling I will prefer the small but I prefer the clasp on the medium! If there's not too much noticible difference in size I will go for the medium for the vfm.

Good for you two ladies, I have resisted so far but had a look at the nappa leather Jenny again in Daniel footwear today, ooh it is lovely but I must resist, hope you enjoy your new bags x

My youngest boxer has just had an eye ulcer operated upon, and is waiting to have the sutures removed. Thus far, it has cost me nigh on £250. Put into perspective, I know which is more worth the money. I simply cannot justify spending the kind of money these bags are selling for.

MinxyKitten, I really, really hope no-one spent £490 on the Molly bag from QVC when it is £247.50 direct from LuluGuinness.com. With lower p&p, a proper box and a proper dust bag!! Ouch!

Really lovely choices re the Nicola bags - I would have loved a couple of the Nicolas in different colours but thought I'd go for one of the designs I've had my eye on for ages at a sensible price.
I told myself 'I need it!'!!!

LBA that's a gorgeous bag too. I really do like the nappa leather and the Jenny is fab.

I agree Louise. If any of my cats needed treatment then that would come before anything, especially a handbag!

I know Shamballa, can you imagine only realising after it was too late to cancel?! One of my Nicola's will be going back. I have given myself a stern talking to that I will not buy any full price LG anymore, especially from Q. The number of damaged bags I have received is nobody's business! I see from the reviews on the latest tsv though that they were sent out in boxes - hurrah! I almost ordered this in black a few days ago before realising the Nicola was half the price, more practical and more me. Phew, am getting sensible in my old age!

Oh yes, meant to say I didn't mind ordering the two bags as both LG and HoF do free returns, so with DSR I lose nothing!

Latest posts

Back