Lulu Guinness/Q great sale...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, small Nicola arrived this morning from HoF, delivered by Parcel Force at 9am with complete tracking all the way. That's customer service ;-)

It's a lovely size, just right for me as I only like to carry essentials. The nappa leather is beautifully soft. Everything is pure class, typical Lulu. However, there are a couple of marks in the leather that are troubling me. I know you have to expect this as it is natural, but they look more like scrapes than natural marks. One is on the clasp so is more visible.

The clasp doesn't catch that easily either, and I found myself fiddling for ages in Asda earlier to secure it.

It also kept slipping off my shoulder, as I have titchy ones, hence my usual preference for handbags.

I am in a quandry! It is beautiful, but it's not really living up to my expectations. I measured the medium out against this and there is hardly anything in it. I may wait until the medium arrives and decide then. Or maybe I should just cancel Lulu's order now.

£200 is a lot to pay for something you are not over the moon with isn't it? I wanted a shoulder bag for shopping, as a handbag just gets in the way when using a basket or trolley. Maybe I should get a Kipling :-(

Ooh that is such a shame, I agree that £200 is a lot of money to pay if you are not over the moon about it, and whilst you do get some marks on some leather bags that are to be expected, if they look more than that and are like scrapes I would not be happy and would return it, I got my small Nicola from John Lewis, it was very well packaged and had a lot of tissue paper wrapped around the metal clasp, and there was not a mark or scratch on the whole bag,to be honest I don't use it often but it has worn very well. I still believe if you are buying something brand new then it should be in a brand new condition, without any scratches. I know someone commented on here once that they had got patent franka bag in the sale from Cocosa I think and that had a small scratch on it, and yet I bought one that was used from that well know auction site and it looked like new.
How disappointing for you

Last edited:
I agree. I expect new items to look new, no matter what the cost, but especially at these prices! Do you like your Nicola LBA? I really am torn. I have been looking at other bags today online but nothing is really doing it for me. My LG order is still 'processing' so I need to decide whether to cancel or not. Decisions decisions eh?! I think wee Nicky will have to go back to HoF though. It came in a bag thinking about it, and maybe it had been stored stacked up. Why don't these companies look after their stock? At least the LG one will be decently packaged. Maybe I should give it a go. I only hope it's not too big as the small is a perfect size for me.

Anyone else ordered/received from the sale?

I agree. I expect new items to look new, no matter what the cost, but especially at these prices! Do you like your Nicola LBA? I really am torn. I have been looking at other bags today online but nothing is really doing it for me. My LG order is still 'processing' so I need to decide whether to cancel or not. Decisions decisions eh?! I think wee Nicky will have to go back to HoF though. It came in a bag thinking about it, and maybe it had been stored stacked up. Why don't these companies look after their stock? At least the LG one will be decently packaged. Maybe I should give it a go. I only hope it's not too big as the small is a perfect size for me.

Anyone else ordered/received from the sale?

Yes I do like my Nicola, and love it in the cobalt blue shade, the bigger one would be too big for me, but I know a lot of people would prefer a bigger bag, it's a very smart looking bag and is very practical without being boring, a good classic shoulder bag IMO, I would be tempted to get the nappa Jenny if I had more available funds, but thankfully I haven't!!

When I saw this on Q I liked it but the price was totally out of the question. How sick would I have been feeling seeing your post MK. Big quandary now as this now looks such good value LOL

Ooh glad you read this thread then! I really like it, apart from the charms but they look removable. I would go for it, but then I have no self control!

That's good to hear that you like your Nicola LBA, and that you also think the next size up would be too big. I've just been prancing around with it again and I do really like it. Out of stock now :-( I wonder if I contact them tomorrow? I doubt they would give me a discount though as it's all hearsay. Unless I send photos and kick up a fuss - but that's not really my style!

Oh, you've got me looking at the Molly now!!!! I do not need it, I do not need it, ha ha !!

Medium Nicola arrived today and I thought it was too big. It's beautiful though. Sigh! I have arranged for a free return label and will be sadly sending it back. Small Nicola hasn't made it to PO yet...I keep thinking it's just the right size for me. However, earlier I went to my local TK Maxx and there were some beautiful leather bags for a fraction of the cost. I had two in my hand when I realised they were both tan and exactly the same shade as the one I was carrying. Oops! I have a thing for tan leather! So I have decided that whilst I do love my LG bags, I will love my existing ones all the more but will be buying less expensive bags in future. I used to have around 12 LG's at one point, then I came to my senses and realised that was silly, so I sold a load on ebay. I also got rid of a load of other handbags. I have a Cath Kidston day bag I use for work alongside my laptop bag, that never changes. I don't go out much, when I do I use a clutch, so I really, really do not need any more LG bags!

There, I feel better now!

Has anyone else ordered?

Hi,

TK Maxx online have some LG Lips clutches reduced from £475 to £77 (from memory).

Only a couple of designs left!

Cheers,
Karen

Latest posts

Back