Lulu Guiness TSV!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

'Lips' is lazy? What do you expect? A Van Gogh? Lulu Guinness is highly established in the fashion world - she doesn't need QVC - if anything QVC went begging at her door.

i expect “quality” and “effort”. i also expect “reason”; an original VG handbag charm is not a reasonable expectation…neither is “lips” cut out from a piece of plastic…i can do that at home, but i could never make a B&W charm.
Simon also sells in his shops divine encrusted bags with a price range of £250-£550 appr…they deserve every penny and i am soooo drooling over them. i can afford to buy them, as i can afford LG bags, but i have not found any <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:personName>j</st1:personName>ustification for spending this money on a single bag….it is madness....this is a family's supermarket budget for a month!
Suzywoozy, my comments had no intention to offend you, but to express my anger and frustration at people who have the audacity to believe they have the right to make easy money. Isn't this obscene greed that has put us into economic meltdown?
if LG does not need QVC, why is she here? from a business perspective, business decisions are not taken according to who "knocks on your door", but according to one's target market based on a business plan. we know why Simon is on QVC..QVC type customers are his target market.

newsreel::21:
Kipling are selling some of their leather handbags for half price (at their <st1:place><st1:placeName>Bicester</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType>Village</st1:placeType></st1:place> outlet). there was one design at £30!!!

I'm not ashamed to say that if I had the money I would have brought the TSV, I'm also not ashamed to say that I like some of the Kirks Folly stuff. Thank the lord we are all different. I could get quite nasty about Birkenstocks but people like them and that's their choice. I think Lola Rose is the most awful overpriced samey stuff but others like it, so who's in the wrong? Me or them?

Vive la difference!!! The TSV sold out so QVC obviously know their market.

I think Lola Rose is the most awful overpriced samey stuff but others like it, so who's in the wrong? Me or them?

True, whether one likes LG stuff or LR jewellery is a question of taste...but the latter are not made from horrible plastic...tones of real geamstones...and, yes, they are overpriced, but not obscenely overpriced like the LG plastic tat. regardless of the issue of 'taste', LG is what LR is not and vice versa.

The Lips are the Lulu Guinness signature, they always have been and I guess they always will be. If they don't appeal to you, then that is your decision, but it is a lipstick mirror on a handbag, something that other handbag designers never thought of. It is Lulu's originality which has held her in good stead.

I'm just gutted I didn't tell my mum about this - she told me 10 minutes ago that she would have bought me this bag to cheer me up. Love you mum.

I should imagine that if LG bags were indeed made of 'cheap' plastic that she would no longer be in business.

I have no idea of the quality myself and will probably never know,but common sense tells me if she can command such prices for her wares and carry on being successful then it cannot be just because of the name or because anyone who buys one is is deluded.

BTW where are these bags made? If they are made in Britain then expensive labour costs would contribute to the high prices. If they are made abroad then in my opinion calling this the best of British is a bit misleading.

I was thinking that, but this is from her own FAQs

Where are Lulu Guinness Handbags Made?

Lulu Guinness Ltd use factories in both Europe and the Far East.

http://www.luluguinness.com/faqs.php

I should imagine that if LG bags were indeed made of 'cheap' plastic that she would no longer be in business.

I have no idea of the quality myself and will probably never know,but common sense tells me if she can command such prices for her wares and carry on being successful then it cannot be just because of the name or because anyone who buys one is is deluded.

Makes sence to me.

I'm just gutted I didn't tell my mum about this - she told me 10 minutes ago that she would have bought me this bag to cheer me up. Love you mum.

if it can make your day, then it's worth every penny!!you've got a lovely mum!:40:

I have to say that I like LG's quirky bags but until I came to this thread, I thought the bags were leather! Who in their right mind would pay these sums for plastic?? I wondered why there was no discussion (gushing by CH) on the feel of the bags etc.:11:

I have to say that I like LG's quirky bags but until I came to this thread, I thought the bags were leather! Who in their right mind would pay these sums for plastic?? I wondered why there was no discussion (gushing by CH) on the feel of the bags etc.:11:

lol, I imagine if you grabbed a carrier bag and shoved a jumper into it, you might get a good idea of the feel of your potential purchase. Heh heh...sorry, I couldn't help myself. I'm sure they must be made with some kind of quality about them, but what you're really paying for is a name. I much prefer vintage bags or classic Italian leather bags which are streamlined - these shiny in-yer-face things just don't float my boat. Baby.

Yes, thank goodness we don't all have the same taste, but if someone bought me that, I'd insist they send it back. I just don't "do" plastic bags/shoes/belts since I had it pointed out to me that plastic takes so much of the earth's resources to manufacture/ship and then takes so many years to degrade. Leather is a by-product of the meat industry so it makes sense to me to use it. It also degrades quicker, but my old damaged leather goods go to a lady at the local charity shop who makes rugs, patchwork items etc., from the coats and handbags that they can't put up for sale. I actually still feel embarrassed when I think back to all the plastic tat I bought as a teenager as it's almost certainly slowly mouldering away in a landfill somewhere!

I don't think I'd have the conscience to be able to sell stuff like that. Apart from the fact that I find most of her designs "infantile" as another poster said (exellent description!), charging that much for plastic tat is obscene, designer or not. I know she supports charity, but so do I, as do most people I know.

Sorry 'bout the rant, but cheap materials plus cheap foreign labour do not make a designer for me and would put such a pall on the goods for me that even if I loved the design, I wouldn't be able to use it.

Best of British? If only! Don't get me started on my opinions about looking for goods made here - it's very rare that I can actually find anything with a label that says it's made in the UK. It's so depressing to see "made in China/Indonesia/Mauritius" etc. I watched that BBC3 series about the fashion students who went to India and the conditions the people work in a truly shocking. It's one thing to sell fashion cheap in supermarkets for people who struggle to put food on their tables, totally another to charge a huge mark-up and profit like that.

OK. Done now.

There will always be people with plenty of disposable income, recession or no recession. I like the TSV style wise, but also think that it's terribly overpriced. BUT, I think some comments that have been made about the customers who have bought this TSV are quite nasty.

Sorry Susie, if I and others upset you, but that is what this site is all about ! Members are free to excercise their right to comment on the Shopping Channels and what they are selling. The fact that the bag sold out shows that I have no taste - thank goodness, lol ! And with that bag selling out, we are guaranteed to have another one soon. More to moan about:9:

Sorry Susie, if I and others upset you, but that is what this site is all about ! Members are free to excercise their right to comment on the Shopping Channels and what they are selling. The fact that the bag sold out shows that I have no taste - thank goodness, lol ! And with that bag selling out, we are guaranteed to have another one soon. More to moan about:9:

Don't worry! I'm not in the least bit upset. I don't mind moaning about products and commenting about them. I just thought some of the comments directed towards the customers were a bit mean - 'deluded' women etc etc!! And you can't miss some posts, if you know what I mean.

Lulu Guinness is highly established in the fashion world - she doesn't need QVC - if anything QVC went begging at her door.

Yeah but she didn't have to let em in did she? :3:

The point people are making is that QVC need to be more realistic in what they bring to air in the current climate and Lulu Gunniess handbags IMO do not represent good value.

Yeah but she didn't have to let em in did she? :3:

The point people are making is that QVC need to be more realistic in what they bring to air in the current climate and Lulu Gunniess handbags IMO do not represent good value.

Agree with you that in the current climate it is wrong for a Lulu Guinness TSV at that price - I was hoping for something half that price. I think most of us agree at the moment in the current climate QVC towers HAVE lost the plot.

I don't think anyone buys a Lulu Guinness bag for good value! You buy it for the design uniqueness and the rarity value and the fact it will probably escalate in price if you've bought wisely.

Agree with you that in the current climate it is wrong for a Lulu Guinness TSV at that price - I was hoping for something half that price. I think most of us agree at the moment in the current climate QVC towers HAVE lost the plot.

I don't think anyone buys a Lulu Guinness bag for good value! You buy it for the design uniqueness and the rarity value and the fact it will probably escalate in price if you've bought wisely.

OMG, this was a rip-off price to begin with.........surely people wouldn't be prepared to pay even more? :33: If so, they must have more money than sense!!

How can it 'wrong' for QVC to promote today's TSV and other products from this range? Is it also 'wrong' to sell face cream at £60+ or cheescakes at £30+? As far as I can see, it's paid off for them because the TSV quickly sold out and now they're pushing OTO's all day. As I said before, there are plenty of people around who can afford to buy pricier stuff. It would be very boring if everything was the same price!

OMG, this was a rip-off price to begin with.........surely people wouldn't be prepared to pay even more? :33: If so, they must have more money than sense!!

How can this be a rip off price when all her bags this size in her shops sell for around the £220 mark? How can you say that people who have this kind of money to spend on a bag have "more money than sense"? if that is how they choose to spend their money good luck to them!

£220+ on a plastic bag? I honestly and truthfully don't think this particular TSV would have appealed to the majority of QVC viewers and that shows because Catherine mentioned at the launch that they didn't have thousands of them only hundreds.

Of course people can spend their money how they choose and if a plastic bag makes them feel good about themselves then so be it. Me and no doubt thousands and thousands of others? Speaking for myself, I'd most definitely want to see a lot more for my money if I decided to part with over £200 than some cheap looking plastic bag slung over my shoulder!!!

Latest posts

Back