Lulu G and spelling

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AllThatGlitters

Registered Shopper
Did I really see, on that black embroidered pouch, the words "Don't judge a book by it's cover"?

It's???? With an apostrophe???

Did nobody spot this during the long development process? Has no-one in QVC had the courage to mention it?

Dare someone to phone up and tell her on-air...

Hi,

forgot she was on :(

I think this has been mentioned before on other bags!

Cheers,
Karen

Did I really see, on that black embroidered pouch, the words "Don't judge a book by it's cover"?

Did nobody spot this during the long development process? Has no-one in QVC had the courage to mention it?

You seem surprised, I'm not, no doubt her design & development team consists of a bunch of somewhat dim Sloanies with a rusty half an 'O' level between the lot of them......but they probably learnt to cook whilst working as a chalet girl so it's not entirely hopeless.....! :grin:

no doubt her design & development team consists of a bunch of somewhat dim Sloanies with a rusty half an 'O' level between the lot of them

Lol. Doubtless true. What does this say about the country's education?

They obviously did not have SisterScholastica for their teacher ... and her ever-present and far-reaching yardstick. Wham! Ah, the GoodOldDays.

They obviously did not have SisterScholastica for their teacher ... and her ever-present and far-reaching yardstick. Wham! Ah, the GoodOldDays.

Yes I never quite got over my early education with nuns, they were a tough bunch and not adverse to giving you a smack with whatever they had to hand if you were naughty:grin:

God you did!! £220 for a bag with a grammatical error. Well that's amused me no end. Easily amused I know.

Lol. Doubtless true. What does this say about the country's education?

That teachers don't work for LG? :wink:

Personally, as a teacher, I don't own any LG items because I cannot justify spending that amount on a handbag and I'd also be sorely tempted to use a red pen on any grammatical errors that I spotted. :wink:

It always amazes me when these errors end up on products. It's extremely prevalent in the craft world - eg 'your special' which always has me screaming 'my special what???'. So much for Quality Control - at QVC (or IW) as well as the manufacturer.

Maybe they think most people won't notice anyway. A quick glance round any high street will tell you that is a distinct possibility - the urge to carry a large black marker when I am out and about is huge!!

Pleased we are unanimously horrified by this - not surprised though, which is very sad.

Don't think it still exists but many years ago I was walking past the Scotch House in Knightsbridge - the home of beauteous but seriously overpriced woollens - and saw a sign in the window advertising their "polar neck" sweaters........

"Eats, Shoots & Leaves" anyone?

Maybe it"s (he he) her philosophy :angel: :mysmilie_501:

Forty pounds for a cosmetic Bag!!!! Ms Guiness then exclaimed "oh look at that price £40.50, I didn't realise it was as good as that" what! it's a nylon make up bag for gods sake, she doesn't live in the real world does she?

I was watching earlier and she said she didn't know how they'd managed to keep the price so low. Nearly 300 quid for a bag you would only use with very limited special occasion outfits. She's on another planet.

I saw the most beautiful, gorgeous tan leather bag in Marks today, and balked at the £59 price tag. Me!! :eek: I am most definitely back in my sensible head :D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Maybe it"s (he he) her philosophy

Ah, yes...a playful, girlish disregard for punctuation...

I wonder if she can spell her own surname properly? Or does she need to carry one of her own bags so she can check the label?

Latest posts

Back