Love Gardening TSV 25/04/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Many garden online garden retailers are shutting for a while to catch up and then reopening.

Just checking my order status and although compost was ordered 10 April I had ordered plants for immediate despatch on 4 th so I reckon I can say bye bye to those.

The Whetman pinks, I mentioned in my earlier post, arrived yesterday. They were a bit battered but in a better state that the ones in the photo on FB. The box said “Live plants. This way up” My courier put them on the doorstep the right way up but, as some of the compost was in the box and three of the plants had moved out of the pots, I’m guessing they weren’t treated correctly in transit. On the show they showed large plants that were in bud. One of mine has a bud on it but the other five were just foliage and smaller than I expected. They are, however, a lot larger than plug plants. They’re now planted out so will hopefully flourish. Only time will tell. 😳

The compost I ordered at the same time has been delayed until 22nd May so I rang CS to see if the order can be cancelled. It’s been confirmed that QVC have emailed them to request a cancellation, but no doubt it will turn up. Fortunately, I found an unopened bag of compost, that I bought from IW last year, so if the QVC bag doesn’t turn up it won’t matter. I’ll just shove that bag in my barn for next year.

I won’t be ordering anything else from QVC until the lockdown is over though because it all seems rather “hit and miss” to me, compared to other companies.

Your pinks will be fine as it is nearly impossible to kill them and can be easily propagated, it would be plants which are single stemmed I would be worried about as you only get one bite of the cherry which if broken off ain’t much good.

TBH I don’t really want the plants just yet but I don’t want to pay for dead bits lying at some sorting office.

Perhaps those loungers that they do every year, actually I could do with one at a good price. Anything grow your own would go down a storm as you can't buy seeds or compost anywhere for love nor money.

CC

Have you any nurseries near you that sell animal feed ? only a couple near me are open and are doing a good trade with their plants.

Have you any nurseries near you that sell animal feed ? only a couple near me are open and are doing a good trade with their plants.
No centres open anywhere near me and I think most of them only do bird food. Have managed to get a huge bag of decent compost over the weekend so that should see me through. I think garden centres could open, just keep the cafe closed and let a certain amount of people in one section at a time. It's not happening though.

CC

My local homebase has opened so will see if they have plants today but am not going to wait in long line of people my patience is wearing thin now

Latest posts

Back