Love Gardening TSV 25/04/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Perhaps those loungers that they do every year, actually I could do with one at a good price. Anything grow your own would go down a storm as you can't buy seeds or compost anywhere for love nor money.

CC

Thompson & Morgan Gerbera Collection

Attachments

• fcff.jpg
    fcff.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 129
IW have got sets of these in different colours for about £20 with the pots included. I bought them last year but they didn't grow very well. These are probably new and improved so we'll see. I always think there's too many leaves compared to the flowers.

CC

Thompson & Morgan 6 x Gerbera Patio Collection in 7cm Pots
Item Number: 520007
QVC Price £25.00
Todays Special Value Price £17.99
P&P £3.95

This item is available through Advanced Order. It will be shipped the week commencing 18/05/20

This Gerbera Patio Collection from Thompson & Morgan features six varieties with large, vibrant flowers in white, pink, orange and yellow shades. Add beautiful, long-lasting summery colour to your outdoor space with these gerberas that will flower abundantly for months outside and will also make superb cut flowers for a gorgeous indoor display.

Big, bold blooms - growing to a height of up to 70cm with a spread of up to 60cm, these Gerberas are a larger variety and promise to bloom abundantly throughout the entire summer with large 16cm double flowers over lush, shiny dark green foliage.

Long-lasting colour - not only do these plants flower throughout the summer months and on into autumn, the flowers can be picked and used as cut flowers, to decorate your home with up to two weeks of colour!

A pretty patio display - each of the six plants is a different variety of gerbera offering a mix of warm sunny colours, from red, orange and yellow to hot and pale pinks. Whether you choose to put these Gerberas into six separate pots or plant them together and mix up their colours, they will certainly create a wonderful display on your patio.

• Flowering period: June - October
  • Plant position: full sun, semi-shade
  • Soil type: most, well-drained
  • Mature size (h x w): 70cm x 60cm (27.5" x 23.5")

Contains:

• 1 x Bighorn Gerbera (7cm pot) - with double hot pink flowers
  • 1 x Fundy Gerbera (7cm pot) - with two-tone light pink flowers
  • 1 x Glacier Gerbera (7cm pot) - with white flowers
  • 1 x Olympic Gerbera (7cm pot) - with double red flowers with a dark eye
  • 1 x Orange County Gerbera (7cm pot) - with orange flowers
  • 1 x Painted Desert Gerbera (7cm pot) - with yellow and orange flowers with a black eye

Cultural instructions:

• Plant outdoors in fertile, well-drained soil in sheltered, sunny borders
  • When growing gerbera in patio containers, use a loam-based compost
  • Feed and water regularly throughout the growing season
  • In milder parts of the UK, these Gerbera can be positioned in a sheltered position and provided with winter protection during particularly cold periods
  • In very cold areas it is preferable to grow gerbera plants in containers that can be moved to a frost-free position during winter

Delivered directly from Thompson & Morgan: please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery to UK mainland only (including Northern Ireland and islands)

All measurements are approximate

IW have four 7cm pot gerberas with larger planters for £20 and £5 postage so this is a better buy and most gardeners will have loads of spare planters anyway. Never had any real problems with Thomson and Morgan plants and I buy a LOT from them 🌻🌻

CC

I never have any luck with Gerberas.

I am going to try to order some plants from a local nursery.

When I had them previously (IW) I just got loads of huge leaves and no flowers. I wouldn't buy them again. They are just showing those Gudoshnik tulips on QVC and I bought them last year. They are just coming into bloom and they are truly gorgeous - expensive yes but what a show! I'll try and post a photo when a few more flower.

CC

Just listening to them selling clematis Montana saying that they will be bud ready to flower when you get them. Now mine are flowering at the minute and if it takes as long to despatch as items I ordered 10April and not received , there are going to be some disappointed customers when they receive plants with blooms which are dead and will have to wait for a full year to see them in bloom.

I agree LATI, those clematis will have flowered and gone over by the time they are received so no flowers until next year. They grow like a weed as well so those little trellis aren't going to be much use. I also thought they weren't cheap as I've seen them in our (pretty costly) garden centre that size at around £7.99 per pot.

CC

Just noted as well the hollyhocks are pricey but to be fair they are 1litre pots. IW are doing 6 hollyhocks (same type as QVC) in 9cm pots for £12 and free postage. They grow pretty quickly so the 9cm would be as big as the 1L in a couple of weeks in a greenhouse. Was going to watch a bit of gardening today but hey, the sun is now out and I'm heading out the back door.

CC

I bought one from Woolworths for 99p it was a lovely clematis but they need lots of space as they really are the "mile a minute clematis

I ordered some of the TSV Whetman pinks and am still waiting for them. Judging from a photo on FB this morning I’m not expecting them to arrive in one piece, but hey ho,

I think a lot of plants have been dispatched on time but have been lying around in sorting offices and vans so by the time they are delivered they are (half) dead. I've been fairly lucky though, only had a few bad ones.

CC

There was a post on Arsebook yesterday with a clip from Plants2garden saying they weren’t taking more orders as they couldn’t cope so either they are giving Q orders priority or our plants will never arrive. Agree about them lying around but I’m determined to take photos and demand a refund this year as the plants ordered last year were a disaster. I vowed I would never buy again but in the Present situation it wa# the only option and I have paid through the nose so I’m not taking any crap this year.

I saw that Plants2Gardens were shut and I remembered that there was a TSV a while back with 2 big planters and lots of plants to put them in, which I think sold out, so they may well be rushing around trying to fulfill those orders. Due to be sent out as of Monday I believe - hope so because I ordered it :oops:

I had some poor specimens from Garden Bargains but they were very good and sent out replacements free, however, the second lot weren't that much better than the first lot.

CC

Latest posts

Back