Lori greiner weekender case

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm still waiting for my Lori Greiner Wall Mounted Mirrored Jewellery Cabinet, ordered on the 13th.

A bit rich seeing as the P&P was £8.95!

I ordered my table top spinny thing for toilettries, the TSV case and heart trinket boxes for me and my daughter all at the same time (loving them all by the way, especially the spinny thing!). Yours should have arrived, have you phoned? Especially if by courier... You'll probably get sent a declaration now.

Mine is "sorted at the hub" according to the tracking link to the Yodel website in the QVC email announcing that it's on its way. Not sure what "sorted at hub" means exactly but now I suppose it's Yodel's fault if it doesn't arrive soon. I'm glad it's not coming via my lovely Hermes chap because his car is always full of grey QVC bags when they send him to collect a faulty TV once he couldn't fit it in his car until he'd delivered everything and made a special trip later that day to collect it.

I already have the free-standing one already and although I don't think I have a huge jewellery collection it's lovely to see everything on display and consquently more of it is being worn...and some really dodgy stuff taken to a car boot! I also hide stuff in there I don't want my DD to "borrow": she's been using my last Smashbox Halo (the original formula) unknown to me and there's hardly any left and the lid's been lost!

Hope yours arrives soon Min....or you'll get crotchety...and resort to comfort-eating quavers!

Jude xx

Yuck!
Quavers = polystyrene.
sigh I'll just have to crack open the bar of Galaxy.

My cabinet was "sorted at our hub" yesterday. It means it's at the depot.
Just checked now & it was "loaded on to the drivers van"
That means nothing of course. I ordered a duvet two weeks before Christmas & that was on & off the Yodel driver's van like a whirligig (the spinning thing, not the other :blush:)

mine arrrived on Saturday and I used it on Sunday to travel by train to Aberdeen.
It certainly holds more than the small suitcase I usually use but if you want to use the pop in section you need to remember to leave enough room for when you close the case. I filled my case fairly full so couldnt close it with this section in but I just unpopped it and redistributed the contents around the sides of the case and it closed ok.
My main problem with it is when its full it would not roll along beside you on four wheels as Lori demonstrated with an empty one. It just wanted to veer off to the side which put a lot of pressure on the long handle making it bend and feel pretty flimsy so I ended up just pulling it along behind me on two wheels. Because of this I am not sure if I will be keeping it. I will see how it behaves on the joiurney home.
If th

My weekend case arrived, well, 2 actually because I ordered the cheetah for me and the tiger for my daughter. My daughter isn't too keen on either so one will be going back.

I like the tiger - it is lighter in colour, looks a bit like army camouflage -and the cheetah is much darker, again, quite nice, so undecided which to keep.

They are heavy, weighing 9 1/2lbs ( 4 1/2 kgs) empty ( sorry, can't find the fractions on my netbook). Look to be roomy but I do have some concerns about the retractable handle - not very substantial and unsure how strong it would be. I wouldn't be using on a regular basis though, so should be ok, I think.

I have tried wheeling it with some items in - a triple pack of kitchen towels and I bought a couple of the Lori Greiner trinket boxes, quite heavy, esp in their delivery box, to see how it copes with some weight :giggle: and it wheeled ok. Edit: seeing teddybears review above, I agree that the retractable handle does bend somewhat, which is one of my concerns,

My main concern is whether the case would be suitable for the purpose bought for. I want to book some weekends away on the coach ( National Travel), just 1 or 2 nights away each. If I was driving myself or going with a friend in a car, I would put the case carefully in the boot of the car. With the amount of luggage coach drivers have to deal with, I suspect that the case/ wheels could be damaged with heavy cases stowed on top.

So, I am undecided which to keep, if any.

edit again: I have just 'packed' it again to retry wheeling it alongside me and it's flipping useless that way, won't go in a straight line, veers away. Ok for pulling though but defeats the objective of having 4 wheels.

Last edited:
Oh gawd. Having read the above reviews I'm thinking "have I done it again ?". I unpack stuff see that is ok, then throw the ****** box away ! cos they are so big and take up so much house space. Now I'm thinking I've bought another white elephant. Duh !

Oh gawd. Having read the above reviews I'm thinking "have I done it again ?". I unpack stuff see that is ok, then throw the ****** box away ! cos they are so big and take up so much house space. Now I'm thinking I've bought another white elephant. Duh !

I open the boxes and toss them behind the sofa and then after a while (or when the boxes can be seen in the room) I collapse them and put them in the recycling bin.

I don't think the case is meant to be wheeled at the side of you for long periods. I think this method is just for when you are shuffling nearer and nearer the check in at an airport or something.

Also, I really wouldn't trust this case for any journey where it had to go out of my sight and be handled by someone else. I don't trust the handle on the top of the case either.

Ideally it would be amazing for overnight stops at a friend or relative's house or for modelling assignments. It would suit a child going for a sleepover or a student just popping home for the weekend or a pregnant mum going into labour ward.

I thought the colour of the tiger one would have suited me better too but I am just bonkers over leopard accessories even to the point where my granddaughter points things out for me when we are out. She says "leopard scarf Grannie, that would be nice with your coat" etc.

Yay!
My jewellery cabinet has not only arrived, it's up on the wall in all it's glory!

Thrilled to bits with it シ

Glad you love it Min. I'd love one at some point but I don't have the space or the cash right now.

I don't think the case is meant to be wheeled at the side of you for long periods. I think this method is just for when you are shuffling nearer and nearer the check in at an airport or something.

Also, I really wouldn't trust this case for any journey where it had to go out of my sight and be handled by someone else. I don't trust the handle on the top of the case either.

Ideally it would be amazing for overnight stops at a friend or relative's house or for modelling assignments. It would suit a child going for a sleepover or a student just popping home for the weekend or a pregnant mum going into labour ward.

I thought the colour of the tiger one would have suited me better too but I am just bonkers over leopard accessories even to the point where my granddaughter points things out for me when we are out. She says "leopard scarf Grannie, that would be nice with your coat" etc.

you are right, I think it really is the type of case that should remain the responsibility of the owner and not entrusted to others on a journey.

Oh what to do, I do like it and of the 2, although I prefer the colour of the tiger better than the cheetah, the retractable handle on the cheetah seems to be ( and feels and sounds) stronger, with a satisfying click when pulled out and when being pushed back in. I suppose that I could keep the cheetah and in the meantime, use it to store things in and then just use it for journeys when I can keep an eye on it, but it's costly to do either at nearly £40 +P&P.

I'll have a little think about it.

I ordered my table top spinny thing for toilettries, the TSV case and heart trinket boxes for me and my daughter all at the same time (loving them all by the way, especially the spinny thing!). Yours should have arrived, have you phoned? Especially if by courier... You'll probably get sent a declaration now.

The spinning make up gizmo is really good, isn't it? I looked at them for ages, undecided whether to buy, then decided to go for it a few weeks ago. Brilliant, got all my make up sorted and it sits on the vanity unit in the bathroom no problem. Plus, whilst filling it, I sorted out loads of old stuff that needed discarding that previously I never found time to do.

aw, don't be upset or put off it. I do like the case, just disappointed that it won't suit the main need that I bought it for on the coach but it will be ok for other uses ie if going by train or in a car. It does look to be a little tardis with what it will hold. It's not as agile 'spinning' as some of the spinner suitcases I have seen in TK Maxx, but they were the traditional suitcase shape and I like the 'boxy' shape of the TSV case. I keep looking at the cheetah case and it is calling me, asking me to give it a good home and I think i am relenting.

Like iloveshopping, I tend to keep my cardboard boxes ' just in case' I need them if I change my mind or the item develops a fault, then have a massive clear out of the folded down boxes from the attic after a few months.

Isn't it nice when the thing you are waiting for meets with your expectations?

Glad you like it, I love my revolving one too.

Glad you love it Min. I'd love one at some point but I don't have the space or the cash right now.

I do love it & I've had a fine old time. My new cabinet has all my costume jewellery in it now (I did not realise how many necklaces I had).
It's not full, but it's organised.

All my gold jewellery I've left in my little jewellery box.

My most precious jewellery items are in a wooden box that I must hide in case someone breaks in -

a Princess Disney ring, a Mother's Day gift bought because I complained I couldn't find a pinky ring to fit my little finger;
my bead necklace lovingly threaded with a darning needle on a long length of black cotton with a nice knot in it;
a plastic wire stemmed daisy wound round an elastic band to make a bracelet;
a braided bracelet;
a double chain knot friendship bracelet;
a pebble necklace carefully tied with a ribbon;
a brooch bought at the school Bring & Buy Christmas Fayre;
two necklaces one made out of paper clips the other safety pins.

QVC could learn a lot from these fine pieces.

My main problem with it is when its full it would not roll along beside you on four wheels as Lori demonstrated with an empty one. It just wanted to veer off to the side which put a lot of pressure on the long handle making it bend and feel pretty flimsy so I ended up just pulling it along behind me on two wheels.
Snap!.....

I do love it & I've had a fine old time. My new cabinet has all my costume jewellery in it now (I did not realise how many necklaces I had).
It's not full, but it's organised.

All my gold jewellery I've left in my little jewellery box.

My most precious jewellery items are in a wooden box that I must hide in case someone breaks in -

a Princess Disney ring, a Mother's Day gift bought because I complained I couldn't find a pinky ring to fit my little finger;
my bead necklace lovingly threaded with a darning needle on a long length of black cotton with a nice knot in it;
a plastic wire stemmed daisy wound round an elastic band to make a bracelet;
a braided bracelet;
a double chain knot friendship bracelet;
a pebble necklace carefully tied with a ribbon;
a brooch bought at the school Bring & Buy Christmas Fayre;
two necklaces one made out of paper clips the other safety pins.

QVC could learn a lot from these fine pieces.

aw, all those treasures are irreplaceable and quite rightly, should be securely stored.

I have some silmilar - the id / name bands from my babies birth; little trinkets they made or bought for me; a rosebud from the flowers on my mum's and sister's graves when they were buried. Memories.......

Latest posts

Back