London 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gold no.15 to the sailor, Ben Ainslie and a silver for Andrew Simpson and Iain Percy, also in the sailing.

I am heading out to buy a Team GB t-shirt!

Whoo-Hoo!
Murray's won the first set
YAY!

Never thought I'd write that, but of the two .....

Another Gold courtesy of Andy Murray as well as a silver and bronze in the Gymnastics!

Andy Murray was magnificent and I think he's answered some of his mouthy critics in the best possible way.

I'm sure he'd rather have won a Grand Slam title, but Andy looked well happy with his Olympic title. And so am I. :)

Well done Murray and Robson a fantastic Silver to add to the GB haul. I have so enjoyed these Olympics, our team have been wonderful ambassadors to this country.

I'm sure he'd rather have won a Grand Slam title, but Andy looked well happy with his Olympic title. And so am I. :)
Yes I'm sure he would too Lippy and time is runnibg out for him to start making his mark in the Slams. But at least this medal adds to Team GB's magnificent tally.

Slight change of subject, but do you not think John Inverdale's jacket makes him look like a holiday camp host? And following on from the discussion on 'to podium or not to podium', isn't the phrase, 'He/she medalled/is expected to medal', rather annoying too? Surely, one wins a medal? Apart from that, the BBC is excelling itself.

I was gutted for Louis Smith who was pipped at the post for gold on the pommel horse this afternoon. :sad: He scored exactly the same marks as Berki but the judge awarded Berki fractionally higher on execution, you could see how devastated Smith was but he was very gracious in defeat.

I thought Louis Smith was sensational & felt so sorry for him losing like that but as he said himself,he'll be back in 4 years time.

Could you believe how badly Federer played today?Couldn't believe what I was seeing but fair play to Andy,he was brilliant.

BTW Ireland got our first medal,John Joe Nevin won this evening giving us at least,a Bronze & we've still got the sensational Katie Taylor tomorrow :star:

Could you believe how badly Federer played today?Couldn't believe what I was seeing but fair play to Andy,he was brilliant.
Yes it was shocking wasn't it but he must have been physically and mentally exhausted after that monstrous semi with Del Potro. Murray has played very well throughout but the stars were definately in alignment for it to happen, his nemesis wasn't playing, Djokovic was already having a run of erratic form and then Federer's draining semi all contributed to his win imo.

I felt sorry for Louis Smith too - his routine was so controlled, but maybe a bit too controlled. The routine of the guy who won was so full of flair. And what about Max, the British bronze medallist - he was superb.

Latest posts

Back