London 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

what can one say..?! Absolutely magnificent, all of them! I felt gutted for Louis Smith too, had been waiting to see him and watching thru fingers praying he'd do nothing wrong - how he must've felt to be pushed into silver position in that way I can't imagine - specially after the fiasco of the scoring in the team event. :frown:

As I have said before, I'm really not a fan of sports, but I have been gripped by this weekend's action in the Athletics! Go Team GB :mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378:

what can one say..?! Absolutely magnificent, all of them! I felt gutted for Louis Smith too, had been waiting to see him and watching thru fingers praying he'd do nothing wrong - how he must've felt to be pushed into silver position in that way I can't imagine - specially after the fiasco of the scoring in the team event. :frown:

What a delightful young man he is too. A real inspiration for any budding gymnasts.

Well,in the sailing,Annaliese Murphy finished just outside the medals,in fourth position,which was a real disappointment.

On the other hand,the wonderful Katie Taylor(world champ) gave a fantastic display against the UK's Natasha Jonas & advances to the next round.

The show jumping was excellent and the cycling is becoming stratospheric (god knows what that means) lol. I have watched so many different sports at these Olympics it's been amazing.

YAY!!! Another gold for Alistair Brownlee and a bronze for his brother Jonny in the Triathlon despite Jonny having to serve a 15 second penalty. He collapsed after the race but I hope it's just exhaustion and nothing nothing serious. :wonder: Fantastic efforts from the brothers and the enormous crowds in Hyde Park were amazing.

Also been watching the mens 3 metre springboard diving...blimey Chris Mears is a bit of alright :tongue: he can dive too. :nod:

chris mears.jpg

Another Gold on the Gee Gees fantastic both horse and rider are magnificent. I am having a problem about what to watch my remote control will be worn out by the weekend.

So chuffed for Hoy, what a race!!

Gutted for Victoria, especially as it was Meares, who is well known to elbow people etc....

Another Gold on the Gee Gees fantastic both horse and rider are magnificent.

I was there!

My first time at an Olympic dressage event, and by sheer luck of the draw we had brilliant seats, just a few rows below Princess Anne and her party.

As each rider performed you could have heard a pin drop in Greenwich Park. We all sat in total silence, knowing that each horse and rider needed every ounce of concentration they could muster.

However, when the marks flashed up for the last TeamGB member, Charlotte Dujardin, and the gold was definitely ours, everyone - of every nationality - leapt up to give her a standing ovation as she made her way out of the arena.

The cheers that went up during the medal ceremony were amazing. What I loved was that the horses, doing their lap of honour, knew they were winners. They flew along all showing off like crazy with their heads up and tails flashing.

A really good day - but I'm shattered tonight!

Last edited:
How fantastic Sublime, must have been very exciting!

How beautiful are those horses?, especially in the dressage, I find it quite moving. Hopefully another medal today!

Another fabulous afternoon! - don't like boxing but how good was she? and that smile is just stunning! - well done Nicola!!:muscle: and Charlotte & "Allegro"!!

:mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378:

Hey Frazzled,did you see our fantastic Katie Taylor winning Gold?

What a champ she is & lovely person into the bargain.

PS Nicola Adams was really good too :clapping:

Latest posts

Back