Lola Rose TSV 20/03/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know I've said it before, but you only have to watch an hour of 'Jewellery Maker' to see how cheap these stones actually are to buy, so the profit LR & Q are making on the range must be astronomical.

That’s absolutely right, there was a Lola Rose necklace on a few months back and just by chance I seen a similar one on eBay, LR was £45 plus £5 postage, the eBay one sold by a woman who makes her own and sells it was £9.99 free postage, so that’s a £40 difference and to be fair the eBay one looked more substantial.

I also seen a Marla Grim piece of costume jewellery QVC were asking £40.......for costume jewellery!! One like it on IW was a fiver, but because it had Marla name on it, known by only QVC viewers, they think this unknown designer demands a high price tag.......only on QVC hey.

That’s absolutely right, there was a Lola Rose necklace on a few months back and just by chance I seen a similar one on eBay, LR was £45 plus £5 postage, the eBay one sold by a woman who makes her own and sells it was £9.99 free postage, so that’s a £40 difference and to be fair the eBay one looked more substantial.

I also seen a Marla Grim piece of costume jewellery QVC were asking £40.......for costume jewellery!! One like it on IW was a fiver, but because it had Marla name on it, known by only QVC viewers, they think this unknown designer demands a high price tag.......only on QVC hey.
You can often find similar items on WISH, for very little money, and some are free for the cost of P&P.

I would never pay the cost of MW, Ruthless or any of the other 'designers' costume jewellery inc B&W especially as better quality is available in the local market, charity shops, car boot sales and craft fairs for practically pennies, when they're open, and on Etsy if I'm looking for something special.

I have just seen model Catherine- what in gods name has she done to herself. She looks very thin and that awful hair style is making a laughing stock of her. its not so much the colour but the back combed quiff .

I have just seen model Catherine- what in gods name has she done to herself. She looks very thin and that awful hair style is making a laughing stock of her. its not so much the colour but the back combed quiff .
She is morphing into a cross between Diana Dors and Barbara Cartland. Far too much make up, very 1960’s. A very ageing look. When I left school and started in hairdressing in the mid 60’s our head stylist looked just like that!

How many of these stones are dyed now? Must be most of them?I like some of the smaller pieces now but the cost, far too much for what they are and they they go on about stacking.Pippa suggested 6 or 7 of one of the small bracelets, what at a cost of nudging £200, that is with the OTT p&p.? Don’t think so Pips!This must be one of QVCs most popular ranges and the prices are hiked up.

If you look at my comment on page 2, she had silver hair and her arms certainly didn't look thin yesterday! I bet they're doing it to distract from comments about the colour of the stones!

Good grief!!! Catherine looks very dated, a bit Tova-esque with more than a hint of our Tiff thrown in!!

It looks awful. Who in their right mind would dye their hair, or most of it, pink? Hannah the jewellery guest has gone for a similar look. Maybe I’m just not “down with the kids.” 😳
I get the feeling she's well into her 30s so hardly a kid! I think that Katherine & Hannah Clemmow (Kathryn Goldsmith's bestie) look a mess with their patchy hair.

Just looking at the LR show 8.45pm. Anyone know what brand that dress is that Ali Keenan has on? It's really nice!

CC

About 4 years ago I had a head accident where 7 stitches at the back was needed. Consequently my (home) bleached hair was a complete no no until the wound had healed. As a result and a couple of months later, my dark roots were embarrassingly in evidence - and the blonde was looking decidedly straw like. So, I bought some semi permanent pink / lilac and slapped it on. It did look amazing and I had loads of compliments at my pink ombre look.

About 4 years ago I had a head accident where 7 stitches at the back was needed. Consequently my (home) bleached hair was a complete no no until the wound had healed. As a result and a couple of months later, my dark roots were embarrassingly in evidence - and the blonde was looking decidedly straw like. So, I bought some semi permanent pink / lilac and slapped it on. It did look amazing and I had loads of compliments at my pink ombre look.
I like pink hair onothere - it wouldn't work for me. I think it looks best on blondes/silvers haired.
mines curly so even the blue tint look I'd like just wouldn't work.

Latest posts

Back