Lock & Lock TSV 15/7/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lock & Lock 4 Piece Stainless Steel Set
Item Number: 832743
QVC Price £38.00
Todays Special Value Price £27.00
P&P £2.95

Bring everyday convenience to your kitchen with this four-piece container set from Lock & Lock. Made from durable stainless steel, these sleek containers come in a range of sizes and feature a four-sided locking system for airtightness, ideal for everything from cooking in the oven to keeping your food fresher for longer. Whether you're meal prepping, storing leftovers or even organising craft items, this everyday set has you covered.

Cook, store, repeat! These versatile containers can go from stovetop to fridge, freezer and dishwasher, ensuring seamless food prep. From cooking in the oven or air fryer to storage and reheating, they're the ultimate multi-tasking marvels.

Stainless steel quality - say goodbye to plastic and hello stainless steel. The quality of this four-piece container set shines through, giving you durable storage to level up your cupboards.

Pop of colour - want to complement your existing pantry colour scheme? This everyday set is available in five colours - Grey, Red, Navy, Green or Taupe.

• Stainless steel, PP, silicone rubber
  • Long-lasting durability and heat-treated
  • Freezer safe up to minus 20C
  • Dishwasher safe
  • BPA free
  • Stackable design
  • Stain and odour free

Colour options:

• Grey
  • Red
  • Navy
  • Green
  • Taupe

Contains:

• 2 x 500ml containers
  • 1 x 1L container
  • 1 x 2L container

All measurements are approximate

Yes and no - Versatile cause of the air fryer/oven aspect, but I think if you're using them for storage then you need to be able to see what's inside, perhaps a little window would help but then I guess that'd cancel out the oven/airfryer capabilities so a no from me. I'll stick with my traditional lock n locks. Most of my storage boxes are Addis clip and close and they're brilliant and a bit cheaper but for some reason they've stopped doing them and now they do a range called clip tight, the price is the same but the quality is awful in comparison, so if I need a new one I'll buy a regular Lock n lock.

I may go for these, after I've seen the presentation.

AS ALWAYS - - a lack of useful information, such as the sizes in cm, so I can see if they will fit into my airfryer.

I wonder if they will work on an induction hob? Yet more lack of info. If so, I may take one to my Indian takeaway so I can heat it up if the food is not hot enough by the time I get home, as the foil ones won't work on induction or in the microwave.

PS have you ever noticed that Indian takeaways always come in foil containers with a cardboard lids (which usually leak) whereas Chinese takeaways use plastic boxes with a tight lid?

Last edited:
I may go for these, after I've seen the presentation.

AS ALWAYS - - a lack of useful information, such as the sizes in cm, so I can see if they will fit into my airfryer.

I wonder if they will work on an induction hob? Yet more lack of info. If so, I may take one to my Indian takeaway so I can heat it up if the food is not hot enough by the time I get home, as the foil ones won't work on induction or in the microwave.

PS have you ever noticed that Indian takeaways always come in foil containers with a cardboard lids (which usually leak) whereas Chinese takeaways use plastic boxes with a tight lid?

Would they be too light/thin to use on induction without buckling? Depends on how high you whack hob up I suppose.

Ours is the opposite. Indian in plastic, Chinese in foil. Both leak for me so I keep a small collapsible laundry basket in the car that fits snuggly behind the seat and is easy to wash if the containers spill despite being upright.

No delivery, Deliveroo, Uber Eats (or Uber) or anything like that in the arse-end of beyond where we live!

I just looked on line to see what the measurements of the TSV were as I don’t want to buy something that won’t fit in my air fryer. As usual they’re not specified only the capacity. They rabbit on as to what they hold but not they measure. I get fed up keep having to ask a question on their website for this information. They’re usually quick at responding but why don’t they put this on there in the first place.

I can’t visualise stuff in cms so my Alexa keeps getting asked to convert to inches. Perhaps Lee Holebind could put this in his presentation when selling tech!

I watched the show, as I was only interested in the football score (oh dear!) so kept switching to check, anyway, fridge jugs - why oh why do they have to have full handles on the side that add a significant amount of width to the jug? The ladies were banging on about how you can fit two of these jugs into the inner door compartment of your fridge, well if they didn't have these bulky handles then you could get a lot more in. Now I have two fridge jugs in mine, plus a water filter and I still have enough space for a bottle of wine. Ok my fridge jugs are tall and narrow and made from glass but they have a half handle near the top so they don't bump into anything. The water filter, instead of having a traditional handle has indentations in the sides to grip hold of whilst you pour from it - Lock n Lock touts itself as an innovative and space saving brand, yet they can't come up with something as simple as this

The best jugs are the ones that have the handle integrated into the size of the jug. How can I explain that? I had one that was a rectangle jug with clip on/off lid and there's a hole cut in that makes the handle and it doesn't stick out, it's part of the rectangle shape. I've tried to find an image but can't. I don't have mine now, disappeared in a house move along with a thousand other things, sigh.

CC

The best jugs are the ones that have the handle integrated into the size of the jug. How can I explain that? I had one that was a rectangle jug with clip on/off lid and there's a hole cut in that makes the handle and it doesn't stick out, it's part of the rectangle shape. I've tried to find an image but can't. I don't have mine now, disappeared in a house move along with a thousand other things, sigh.

CC
That's what I was trying to describe too, yes the handle is actually part of the jug, like indentations built into the body so you can grip hold of it. I couldn't find a picture of what I meant either, and I'm far too lazy to take a pic of the one I've got and upload it!

I've looked at ALL the LnL in stock, and the size descriptions are completely inconsistent.

Sometimes they say the size (in cm and inches) but not the capacity.

Other times they give the capacity but not the sizes.

VERY RARELY do they give you both.

It needs someone employed by QVC who notices all these discrepancies and omissions (like me lol) and makes them consistent. And also the colours, at one point Jill G said we are calling this pink but it is definitely purple!

Jill G was really suffering with her cough and had to keep going off the set, where you could hear her coughing very badly in the background, but the other presenter (don't know her name) made a good job of carrying on without her until she came back.

I watched the show, as I was only interested in the football score (oh dear!) so kept switching to check, anyway, fridge jugs - why oh why do they have to have full handles on the side that add a significant amount of width to the jug? The ladies were banging on about how you can fit two of these jugs into the inner door compartment of your fridge, well if they didn't have these bulky handles then you could get a lot more in. Now I have two fridge jugs in mine, plus a water filter and I still have enough space for a bottle of wine. Ok my fridge jugs are tall and narrow and made from glass but they have a half handle near the top so they don't bump into anything. The water filter, instead of having a traditional handle has indentations in the sides to grip hold of whilst you pour from it - Lock n Lock touts itself as an innovative and space saving brand, yet they can't come up with something as simple as this
Why can’t they design them like the bottles the 4 pint milk that they sell in supermarkets. These fit easily in my fridge door.

I've looked at ALL the LnL in stock, and the size descriptions are completely inconsistent.

It needs someone employed by QVC who notices all these discrepancies and omissions (like me lol) and makes them consistent. And also the colours, at one point Jill G said we are calling this pink but it is definitely purple!

Jill G was really suffering with her cough and had to keep going off the set, where you could hear her coughing very badly in the background, but the other presenter (don't know her name) made a good job of carrying on without her until she came back.
I get so fed up with there being no consistency. Whenever there is something I might be interested in buying and the measurements are missing, I ask the question on their website. Bit short sighted as it could mean missed sales. Perhaps if everyone emailed asking for these details they might do something about it.

CC
I know exactly what you mean. The big milk bottles have something similar, as Battiola73 says. Also big bottles of engine oil.

IMG_5578.jpeg

I don’t like the handles sticking out either. You can find alternatives on Amazon.

I forgot to say, some give no measurments at all !!

I forgot to say, some give no measurments at all !!
The lack of size information on the QVC website is infuriating. Often, when people ask questions about size on an item page, all they get is the copy-and-paste response from the Customer Service bot: “We are just waiting for that information” but 10 days later, the question is still unanswered. Last night that Gill woman, when not coughing all over Alex who tried unsuccessfully to back away (Gill should not have been there at all), demonstrated the size of the containers in a set by showing what she had put in them but it was just ‘some’ salad, ‘some’ chopped fruit, ‘some’ sweets, and it gave me no better idea at all.

Why can’t they have a tape measure or ruler to hand for items where measurements are not provided? It would take 10 seconds.

The lack of size information on the QVC website is infuriating. Often, when people ask questions about size on an item page, all they get is the copy-and-paste response from the Customer Service bot: “We are just waiting for that information” but 10 days later, the question is still unanswered. Last night that Gill woman, when not coughing all over Alex who tried unsuccessfully to back away (Gill should not have been there at all), demonstrated the size of the containers in a set by showing what she had put in them, but it was just ‘some’ salad, ‘some’ chopped fruit, ‘some’ sweets, and it gave me no better idea at all.

Why can’t they have a tape measure or ruler to hand for items where measurements are not provided? It would take 10 seconds.
She would have lost her fee then!

And if she had been replaced by someone else, they may not have known how much salad, chopped fruits etc to put in the boxes to demonstrate their sizes ;)

BTW when Ophelia was doing some presentations this morning, she kept stealing the sweets etc, and said her pockets were full of them, and cheese! She even took 2 lollies at a time, not to eat, but to stuff into her pockets.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back