L'Occitane TSV - 10/02/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought a TSV a couple of years ago, wasn't impressed, sorry L'occ fans but I really wasn't.
The soap wasn't like cream to me at all, it was just as drying as normal soap bars. Likewise the lavender liquid soap was little better. The hand & foot creams were nice tho but that was it.

I didn't send it back due to the return postage cost so wouldn't buy it again. My advice is do not use the soap bars on your face as has been suggested in the presentation. That's just nonsence imo!

Last edited:
I didn't think Alexis was off with Chloe particularly. She was a bit thrown because Chloe gave some wrong information and she couldn't endorse it but they soon moved on with no harm done. I've never seen Alexis standing up before - she's sooo tall!

I saw Kim with Chloe and she was very sweet to her - said she could listen to her talk all day. I'm quite liking Chloe. She's feeling her way and coping well. I love her complexion too - how nice that she hasn't jumped into a tub of gravy browning like most of the others.

Not heard anything about amount sold since end of 1am hour, when JF said they'd sold over a 1000......not much considering before the end of midnight hour they had sold 800!!

They mustn't be hitting their sales target if things are strained, any mention of items sold yet?
I don't think so J, interesting..
Not being nasty but I think someone could suggest to Chloe to perhaps cut down on the smokey eye & eyeliner. Her eyes look like their drooping with the strain of it all, poor girl. I think TV makes eye make-up appear heavier.

I didn't think Alexis was off with Chloe particularly. She was a bit thrown because Chloe gave some wrong information and she couldn't endorse it but they soon moved on with no harm done.

That was how it came across to me too, it was just a bit awkward as Alexis couldn't really agree that a certain quantity had been sold when that wasn't correct but she probably didn't want to be rude and say Chloe was wrong.

I quite like Chloe but I'm not too sure that "people who see L'Occitane in your bathroom will think you are loaded" (not a word for word quote but) is the best selling point for L'Occitane.

Not heard anything about amount sold since end of 1am hour, when JF said they'd sold over a 1000......not much considering before the end of midnight hour they had sold 800!!
Maybe they might think about reviewing what they put in the TSVs because, as others have said, they are very samey.

I haven`t bought any L`Occitane for around 3 years. It became more expensive for less product sizes and nothing out of the ordinary. Nowadays I find equally nice stuff in Boots or other stores for less money, often on genuine offer and often with free gifts. Sanctuary foot cream is as goood as L`Occi in my opinion and iy was recently 3 for 2 in Boots and with a free scented candle too and Champneys, Soap and Glory, Sanctuary shower stuff and body lotions are just as nice and TK Maxx do huge bars of gorgeous soap for around £3 so L`Occ lose yet another unimpressed customer.

I get all my soap at TK Maxx. It's such a good deal. L'Occitane have some lovely products but no way will I spend those prices on myself for what is mainly soap in one form or another. Maybe ok for giving (not for 'gifting' please take note qvc!) but even then I could do better with £45 quid.

Maybe they might think about reviewing what they put in the TSVs because, as others have said, they are very samey.

I hope so, I have not bought a L'Occitane TSV in ages, used to buy most but the handcreams this time are same as the last TSV and I hate rose and vanilla!

At one time I would have gone for the l'Occitane TSV without thinking, not any more.I now only use the soap which I won't be without, use it in the shower & although it is expensive it lasts for ages.I always take on holiday as it is easier & lighter to carry than shower gel.Also use the liquid had wash but buy the refills in store.They need to vary the TSV it is the same boring stuff.

I just think it's ridiculously expensive now. Use bath, shower and hair stuff from Naked Bodycare and a cocunut oil handcream from Home Bargains that costs 99p. For handwashes I buy Method products.

chloe is great to listen to i quite like her style of presenting

I personally find her annoying, she needs to remember she's presenting premium brands into people's homes she's not standing behind a barrow in an East End market - I can quite easily see her turning into a JF/DF hybrid

I used to buy virtually every L'Occitane TSV when they contained the large size Shea body lotion, hand cream & foot cream but I haven't bought one for well over a year.
They 're all the same! Just stuff for washing, be it soap, shower gel or liquid soap with a few tiny trial sizes thrown in so they can say X number of items
And it's almost always rose or verbena or that vile almond.

Where are the lovely things they sell in the shops or on their own website? L'Occitane are doing themselves no favours, giving the idea that they sell such a limited range when they have a potentially large viewing/buying audience.

my fav brand ever but i buy from the shops in the sales cant remember the last time i bought a l'occitane tsv not for years. wheres the shea 500ml body lotion

I personally find her annoying, she needs to remember she's presenting premium brands into people's homes she's not standing behind a barrow in an East End market - I can quite easily see her turning into a JF/DF hybrid

not really she has an excellent vocabulary and i haven't seen her finger wag lol .....yet!

Anne,
you beat me to it, was just going to to mention Naked as well :wave:

the Starflower Bath Foam and Coco de Mer Bath foam and Body Butter are fantastic and at a bargain price
and ticks a lot of boxes, no SLS, petrochemicals, parabens
no animal testing and environmentally/recycled packaging

also really like the leave-in conditioner & hair glossing treatment
and the 12 hour mosturising cream with Argan & Shea & Neroli & Starflower is great - i use it as a base for my neck and bust cream, enriching is with immortelle essential oil and various oils and it has made a fantastic difference

see their website (they have a sale on - bought 10 300ml Starflower Bath Foam bottles last night, each at £1 - and they are very good value at normal price of £3.99 anyway :up:

http://www.nakedbodycare.co.uk/all-products

some Boots stores sell some selections of their products as well

They mustn't be hitting their sales target if things are strained, any mention of items sold yet?

Dale just said almost 4000, not many really!!

Its not for me either. I wised up last year and really cant see the point washing £15 ish products down the drain. I hate the soaps - despite whats said i find them drying, i have no use for mini sizes and prefer the ordinary shea hand cream to the scented ones. I dont mind buying the odd bit as a present but i dont have anything coming up in the near future.

Latest posts

Back