L'Occitane TSV - 10/02/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Since becoming aware of l'occitane's decision to trade with China which, consequently, demands that animal testing is performed on it's products, a practice of which l'occitane is cognisant, I have never even considered purchasing from the l'occitane range and never will again. Alexis persists in telling us they do not test on animals and their products contain no animal ingredients or by products; this may be true, but they knowingly do business with a country which does believe in animal testing and my own personal beliefs and principles and, more importantly, my conscience will not allow me to spend money which will, ultimately, contribute to the execution of animal testing.

Anne,
you beat me to it, was just going to to mention Naked as well :wave:

the Starflower Bath Foam and Coco de Mer Bath foam and Body Butter are fantastic and at a bargain price
and ticks a lot of boxes, no SLS, petrochemicals, parabens
no animal testing and environmentally/recycled packaging

also really like the leave-in conditioner & hair glossing treatment
and the 12 hour mosturising cream with Argan & Shea & Neroli & Starflower is great - i use it as a base for my neck and bust cream, enriching is with immortelle essential oil and various oils and it has made a fantastic difference

see their website (they have a sale on - bought 10 300ml Starflower Bath Foam bottles last night, each at £1 - and they are very good value at normal price of £3.99 anyway :up:

http://www.nakedbodycare.co.uk/all-products

some Boots stores sell some selections of their products as well

Oooh, thanks lileth as didn't realise they had a sale on. I like the rose bodywash.

Fellow Forumites -
Please stop suggesting other brands for me to try, and giving me details of sales codes - I need to use up my stash of stuff not be tempted by more!!!:flower:

The only bit of the TSV that took my interest was the honey hand cream (the small one) which I think is lush, would use the shower gel (eventually) but not interested in the soap or the vanilla hand cream.

i do think that its very unproffesional to say that the handcream is supersized when 150ml is the full size and she is saying correct me if i am wrong that the handcream is going to be £28 in the shops

[
i do think that its very unproffesional to say that the handcream is supersized when 150ml is the full size and she is saying correct me if i am wrong that the handcream is going to be £28 in the shops

Yes it is full size not super size and I just don't get the £28 comment when 150ml is £19.

On the L'Occitane website the scented hand creams are £14 for 75ml so the £28 price looks correct. However the Shea is £19 for 150ml so they are charging an extra £9 for the scented ones which I think is taking the proverbial. I agree it's misleading calling them supersize, the 150ml on the website isn't called supersize.

On the L'Occitane website the scented hand creams are £14 for 75ml so the £28 price looks correct. However the Shea is £19 for 150ml so they are charging an extra £9 for the scented ones which I think is taking the proverbial. I agree it's misleading calling them supersize, the 150ml on the website isn't called supersize.

they do the scented handcreams as a special but always at the £19 price point for 150ml. i think its to make the tsv seem better value than it is oh well

For just a bit less than the TSV Q have a much nicer package with full sizes of everything. I think it was one of the autodelivery options of a previous TSV. I bought this a while back and am lovng using it.

Item no: 200492. £43.92 plus the same postage as the TSV. Contains 500ml Rose 4 Reinnes shower gel, 150 ml shea hand cream (original) 500ml lavender liquid soap and a full size rose lip balm and a 30ml desert rose 20%shea handcream. IMO much better value for only a bit more money. The Rose 4 Reinnes shower gel is just a beautiful smell, my favourite so far from L'Occitane.

The only thing in either set that I wanted was the Vanilla hand cream, so I went on ebay and managed to buy one. The sets just seem a bit mismatched and I'm not surprised they haven't sold many.

I haven't bought either and I was an 'auto buyer' of these TSV's, I think the best one was the one with the large tin of Shea, the have some really different items on their own site so it would be good to have more of these in TSV's. I have a tonne of hand cream and the large ones are hard to finish! I love the Amande du lait firming and soothing milk concentrate body lotion and the The Vert Jasmin is worth investigating. Bored of cherry, Shea and have tonnes of Verbena from working abroad in a posh hotel!

I agree Vienna that The Sanctuary foot cream is amazing.

One thing that L'Occitane can't be beaten on is the Almond Oil in the shower, there isn't anything like it!

Since becoming aware of l'occitane's decision to trade with China which, consequently, demands that animal testing is performed on it's products, a practice of which l'occitane is cognisant, I have never even considered purchasing from the l'occitane range and never will again. Alexis persists in telling us they do not test on animals and their products contain no animal ingredients or by products; this may be true, but they knowingly do business with a country which does believe in animal testing and my own personal beliefs and principles and, more importantly, my conscience will not allow me to spend money which will, ultimately, contribute to the execution of animal testing.

I've never quite been sure if this counts, but is honey regarded as an animal by product?

Does the Loccitane liquid soap contain sulphates? Df said it didnt and then there was a silence seemed very odd.

I noticed that too (the sulfate comment). Seemed a bit odd. Looked at the ingredients on my bottle and there's no mention of the word sulfate, but there are other unknown ingredients listed, so who knows. Odd that Alexis didn't clarify though.

As others have said- no suplhates in the liquid soap. The Hand WASHES however do contain suplhates.

Latest posts

Back