L'Occitane TSV - 10/02/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Isn't it time they updated that faux French voice-over promo as well? Really gets on my wick. Is that still Sara Griffiths? She's been gone years now. I'm sure qvc can stretch to finding a French person to do the job.

Oh yes QVC definitely made the demands, they tell the companies what they want the price they want!!

i remember a tsv when you got all the shea face stuff,shower gels,soap body lotion i would buy 3 of them so i had enough goodies now i just go to the sales or bicester. you can get the room fragrancing stuff candles huge packs of soaps at a good price

Trouble is as long as people keep buying it they'll keep flogging it.For ages now customers have been moaning about the lack of originality in the L'Occitane TSV's but they don't seem to take any notice, just keep trotting out the same old stuff. Be interesting to see if this one sells out but I doubt it, there are better deals in their shops. I always laugh when they try to make out the 'wonderful' value they're supposedly giving us.

I'm going to Bicester next week so will stock up on shower gel and soaps. Just to echo many others, used to look forward to the TSVs years ago but it's just like groundhog day now.

Forty-six quid for a shower gel and hand cream plus a few travel sizes - I don't think so. Not even going to bother to watch the launch as the ghastly Jill is presenting. No doubt she uses all the products and can't live without them. Sick and tired of seeing her fizzog on the screen - isn't she due a hoiiday in Florida? :down:

I don't think I've bought a TSV since the Leighton Denny one last February. And I don't think I've ever bought a L'Occitane one. Since making myself use up all the tut I'd ever bought I've stopped buying really expensive shower gel. As someone here once said it all gets washed down the plug hole!

I think Burlz recommended a Palmolive one that I really like ... Almond Milk I think. And then there's NSpa and Bayliss and Harding. Or Champneys if I'm flush. Oh and Mandara Spa.

I still love L'Occitane liquid soap but I don't use it all the time anyone. I like the Bayliss and Harding ones.

So whatever it is or how much it is I'm unlikely to be buying.

My must have L'Occitane product if the footcream. There's none better.

I do like their handcreams too but I like others too.

That vanilla shea hand cream is repulsive. Serious. It made me gag.

I know scent is a personal thing, but personally I love the smell of shea vanilla. Usually vanilla is sickly sweet like ice cream but the shea vanilla flower is a much warmer, spicier vanilla. Anyone who likes the Ambre EDT that L'Occitane do will probably like it.

As for smells that make me "gag" it's more likely to be that Eau d'Iparie. It's vile. A resinny awful smell. I tried it in store and had to ask them for something to try to get it off me.

Forty-six quid for a shower gel and hand cream plus a few travel sizes - I don't think so. Not even going to bother to watch the launch as the ghastly Jill is presenting. No doubt she uses all the products and can't live without them. Sick and tired of seeing her fizzog on the screen - isn't she due a hoiiday in Florida? :down:

I agree with you here. I got a couple of vouchers last week for a free hand cream from L'occitane and a voucher for 15% off. Went instore and bought the Eco bag of liquid soap and aftershave balm that we "need". I came away with 3 x 30ml hand creams in the end and only spent £26.00 for the lot.

The new fragrance does smell gorgeous though.

That vanilla shea hand cream is repulsive. Serious. It made me gag.

It had a note in it that reminded me of vomit. Once I had that in my head I couldn't use it again.

I'd really like the big tube of the rose hand cream, but I'm not spending all that money on a few shower gels. Hopefully might pick one up on eBay later.

The Body shop do a lovely wild rose handcream. It even comes in a metal tube like Loccitane. I think it costs around £4.50 for 30 ml.

The Body shop do a lovely wild rose handcream. It even comes in a metal tube like Loccitane. I think it costs around £4.50 for 30 ml.

I know the one you mean Bauble and it's lovely, and it is SPF 15 too. However it is not shea butter- based so not as thick and creamy as the 20% shea based ones from L'Occitane. The Rose Petals one in the TSV is much thicker than the body shop one. Although the smell is lovely there was no comparison on the texture.

Latest posts

Back