L'Occitane TSV - 09/09/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Soap & Glory is on offer at boots at 342 price, excellent producs which work out about £13 for 3 x 500 ml shower/bath gels in pump bottles which last for ages.

They've now sold over 36,000!!! Flaming hobnobs, who IS buying them. I think this is the worst L'Occitane TSV in many a year. No, not even the miniature, orange, bag-shaped receptacle can entice me to part with hard-earned cash for this much 'luxury' vegetable oil and water (sorry, I mean soap).

I'm still semi-fuming from Huntley's idiocy on the Leighton Denny show late last night. Telling people they should buy four sets of a nail polish duo...so, that's 8 polishes of the same colour. On what planet....?!!! Apparently easy pay makes this a 'great' idea. Funny but I would have thought that buying one duo, then saving your cash up and buying more when you need it with the money you would have spent on easy pay anyway, would mean that the polish you bought in future would still be actually in date when you used it, instead of stockpiling nail polish that you will pay for and chuck as it goes out of date before you get to use it. The utter, unbearable muppetness of the 'stockpiling' argument is stooopid!

At least I can now ignore Beauty Day for the rest of the evening - Paralympics Closing Ceremony has me far too excited about catching one last glimpse of Oscar Pistorius' gloriousness in his still-not-tight-enough-for-my-liking lycra!! Yum.

Why on earth would you want 8 polishes in the same colour??? Only a nail salon would want that many!!!

They've now sold over 36,000!!! Flaming hobnobs, who IS buying them. I think this is the worst L'Occitane TSV in many a year. No, not even the miniature, orange, bag-shaped receptacle can entice me to part with hard-earned cash for this much 'luxury' vegetable oil and water (sorry, I mean soap).

I'm still semi-fuming from Huntley's idiocy on the Leighton Denny show late last night. Telling people they should buy four sets of a nail polish duo...so, that's 8 polishes of the same colour. On what planet....?!!! Apparently easy pay makes this a 'great' idea. Funny but I would have thought that buying one duo, then saving your cash up and buying more when you need it with the money you would have spent on easy pay anyway, would mean that the polish you bought in future would still be actually in date when you used it, instead of stockpiling nail polish that you will pay for and chuck as it goes out of date before you get to use it. The utter, unbearable muppetness of the 'stockpiling' argument is stooopid!

At least I can now ignore Beauty Day for the rest of the evening - Paralympics Closing Ceremony has me far too excited about catching one last glimpse of Oscar Pistorius' gloriousness in his still-not-tight-enough-for-my-liking lycra!! Yum.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who fancies the Lycra pants off Oscar Pistorius. Cor, I could give him one!!!

You could always give one as a gift to the lady that walks your dog, childs teacher, dinner lady, post woman, doctor or nurse etc etc.

"Why on earth would you want 8 polishes in the same colour??? Only a nail salon would want that many!!!"

Leighton and Nina did look at her as if she needed a battery changing!

Sorry to lower the tone, but the severe lack of Oscar action has forced me into a spot of Chris Martin perving instead! A quick glance at QVC and a Gatineau hour screams "there's nothing for you here missus", so it's back over to Boris and Lord Mr SmartyPants Seb Coe OBE MBE F.A.B....(definitely NO perving going on there!!).

I saw this TSV and was horrified at the poor value for money. I decided to see what I could get for the same money elsewhere and from Yves Rocher ( botanical, plant based, cruelty free and made in France etc ) I could have got 2 full sized verbena shower gels, 1 full sized lavender shower gel, 1 full sized olive handcream, 1 full size lavender foot cream, 1 full sized almond body lotion, 1 full size vanilla soap, 1 purse spray Moment de bon heur perfume, total £30.75 with free p and p and also a £3 voucher off next purchase for signing up to a newsletter and finally a choice of 6 free gifts, one of them a full size tote bag !

Why on earth would you want 8 polishes in the same colour??? Only a nail salon would want that many!!!

Jill Franks probably bulk buys Porchester Square! lol

Have to agree some very yummy guys on show this last 11 days.....with VERY cute bums in that lycra :blush:

Jill Franks probably bulk buys Porchester Square! lol

Have to agree some very yummy guys on show this last 11 days.....with VERY cute bums in that lycra :blush:

Yeah she probably does!!! Maybe Catherine was thinking of her when she said what she did!!!! :grin:

I saw this TSV and was horrified at the poor value for money. I decided to see what I could get for the same money elsewhere and from Yves Rocher ( botanical, plant based, cruelty free and made in France etc ) I could have got 2 full sized verbena shower gels, 1 full sized lavender shower gel, 1 full sized olive handcream, 1 full size lavender foot cream, 1 full sized almond body lotion, 1 full size vanilla soap, 1 purse spray Moment de bon heur perfume, total £30.75 with free p and p and also a £3 voucher off next purchase for signing up to a newsletter and finally a choice of 6 free gifts, one of them a full size tote bag !

I agree that is considerably better value for money than the little more than sample sizes dished out by l'Occitane - only downside being that I wouldn't be buying from them either, as Yves Rocher have also recently lost their cruelty free status I believe, so if that is something that is important to you (as you mentioned it in your post), you may want to check up on that yourself. (Only mentioning it in case you hadn't realised.)

I love l'Occitane, especially the liquid soap and hand cream. Love the Shea shower products and the Almond shower. The only thing I bought today was the Amber EDT, which I used a while ago until it was discontinued. Having said all that, I was underwhelmed by this pathetic excuse for a TSV. I have bought the last 3 or 4 l'Occitane TSV's, and loved them. I only gave one item from each set away as a gift, and use every last drop of the rest. I realise not everyone raved about the products included in the previous TSV's but for me, they were excellent because of what was included, for the price, in the supersizes. This one is terrible. I have "pinched" better than that out of my hotel room freebies.

I have now passed on the last 5 beauty TSV's (Elemis, Gatineau, l'Occitane, Laura Geller, Mally). Once upon a time I would have bought them. It is partly to do with my fairly recent purchase of the table top organiser from Lori Greiner. I can see how much stuff I have to use without rummaging in toilettery bags, so I don't buy more. It also has to do with the products in the TSV' and the price asked. Someone at Q needs to sack the beauty buyers.

The brand Yves Rocher was committed early in the fight against animal testing.
In 1989, the brand decided to be a pioneer in the cosmetic industry to stop animal testing for finished products, and replace them with alternative methods.

Keeping this commitment:

- We do not test on animals, nor our finished products or their ingredients

- We support research programs on alternative methods to animal testing

- We do not use raw materials of animal origin, except honey and beeswax

The fight against animal suffering is and will remain a strong commitment in the Yves Rocher brand

Just copied the above from their website Kitten but will email them to check for sure.

Just copied the above from their website Kitten but will email them to check for sure.

I remembered seeing their name when I was looking at lists on MyBeautyBunny the other day & there was also an article in the Daily Mail I found tonight after googling (yeah, I know, I know! lol) about both them & l'Occitane now selling to China, hence the loss of their cruelty-free status. (Warning, if you read the article in the DM, take my advice & don't scroll down to the bottom of the page, where the 'other stories' are, a particularly hideous cruelty case.)
Hopefully, YR changed their mind, if they were ever considering making such a move in the first place obviously, wouldn't be the first time something on t'internet turns out to be incorrect or out of date info.
:flower:

Yves Rocher are only mail order these days. I remember they did have a large counter in Debenhams Glasgow at one time. It was great actually being able to test the products before buying.

love l'occitane products the best of everything in beauty imo but have not bought a tsv for years as they are poor vfm these days. i rather go to the twice a year sale in the shops and buy what i like than buy random tsv's with stuff that i am hardly likely to use. this also stops stock piling which is a waste of wardobe space and my money buying stuff that i wont use or will take me years to use

(snip)They've now sold over 36,000!!! Flaming hobnobs, who IS buying them. I think this is the worst L'Occitane TSV in many a year. No, not even the miniature, orange, bag-shaped receptacle can entice me to part with hard-earned cash for this much 'luxury' vegetable oil and water (sorry, I mean soap).

Those that are persuaded that shea butter & irritating plant smells with a French accent is superior.
Each to their own of course.

Im clearly far to extravagant!! The day i take a mini bottle on a 2 week holiday and bring some back home with me - Bollocks!!!

Latest posts

Back