Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Coca Butter an expensive ingredient my Ar*e!

:wink:

But according to the LE Ethnobotanist who appeared on the show with Liz - (the one who looks like she's just been drafted in to the studio after hauling kilowatts of spuds all morning) the Cocoa Butter they use is of a 'higher quality than anyone else' :smirk: . So none of us need worry...

:flower::smirk::giggle:

purely natural is not always best!

i have been using cleanse and polish on and off for several years and remarked that cleanse and polish as a cleanser sinks in rather like a moisturiser than a cleanser it has no slip.

but on anather note i do think that there is a lot of snobbery about the avon thing. avon do excellent products at a fair price and over the years have moved forward with ingredients and ethics they are not stuck in the 1970's as some people may think.

their formulations are very state of the art for their premier ranges and i for one have had no allergic reactions to thier skincare unlike some of the more prestigious ranges.the high street are less likely to put well known irritants in their ranges as they sell to many millions of customers and i am afraid that not all plant based/natural ingredients are good for all skins.

i have been using cleanse and polish on and off for several years and remarked that cleanse and polish as a cleanser sinks in rather like a moisturiser than a cleanser it has no slip.

but on anather note i do think that there is a lot of snobbery about the avon thing. avon do excellent products at a fair price and over the years have moved forward with ingredients and ethics they are not stuck in the 1970's as some people may think.

their formulations are very state of the art for their premier ranges and i for one have had no allergic reactions to thier skincare unlike some of the more prestigious ranges.the high street are less likely to put well known irritants in their ranges as they sell to many millions of customers and i am afraid that not all plant based/natural ingredients are good for all skins.

Someone put a really interesting post on facebook about avon, its policy on animal testing etc, must say it opened my eyes. I'm not really into avon products and was put off LE because of the sell out but don't feel so concerned now.

I still think its sad thought that the company is no longer a truly independent british brand

posted on facebook today

Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare Thank you for your comments about our Cleanse & Polish – we’re sorry to hear that some of you are unhappy with the removal of almond milk. We’d like to take this opportunity to clarify a few points that have been raised regarding this subje...ct. We started to phase almond milk out of Cleanse & Polish in early 2008 following many requests from customers to make this product suitable for those with nut allergies. This ingredient wasn’t substituted, it was just removed. We carefully and rigorously tested this small modification to the formulation to ensure it continued to meet our high quality standards and still provided exactly the same cleansing and sensory experience as it always has done. We always welcome feedback, favourable or otherwise, so please be assured that your comments regarding Cleanse & Polish will be passed onto our Product Development team.

I still think its sad thought that the company is no longer a truly independent british brand

that's it in a nutshell I think. I have nothing against Avon, am not overly familiar with any of their products but I liked the success story of Liz Earle as a company.

i'm tempted to give the new decleor one a go watched demonstrations last week looked pretty good price is more than i usually would pay so am hesitant to give it a go if anyone's ordered it do let us know what it's like :)

I received a sample of the Decleor cleanser. I think it would be quite cost effective to use as you need the size of a small pea to use it as it foams so much. I quite liked it, it did leave my face very soft afterwards, I can't say my skin looked much different though.

I used to use C&P and have been looking for a replacement. I am currently using Elemis Pro-radiance to take off my make up and absolutely love it. It is by far my favourite out of C&P and the new Decleor cleanser. I only use it at night to remove my make up which makes it more cost effective. In the morning I'm using Alpha H balancing cleaner which I really like too. If it helps I have fairly normal skin but do suffer from dehydration.

I don't think the removal of almond milk has made any difference whatsoever - I have loads from both before and after its removal (bit of a TSV stockpile if you know what I mean!!) and I can honestly say its much the same. I do find some batches vary a bit, but I guess that's because it is a natural based product and natural ingredients are not standardised like synthetics. Almond 'milk' was originally listed as number 15 in the ingredient list, just below chamomile extract, which means it has to have been there in a tiny amount, not enough to make much of a difference to the texture at all but enough to make skin irritated if you are sensitive to the protein in almonds (refined nut oils are OK, but the extract can be irritating), so good thing it was removed. Interestingly, Cocoa butter has always been there at the top of the list and this can be an expensive ingredient, depends on the quality - just like you can get expensive chocolate and cheapo chocolate. So I don't think its fair to call Liz or the botanist a liar - ages ago Liz said the formula and the way it works "essentially" hasn't changed and this is true if you look at the ingredient list... At the end of the day, if you don't like it or think you had one from a dodgy batch, just return it!!

My second favourite cleanser is the Clarins Gentle foaming Cleanser BUT I still like C&P best ..

:wave:

Agree with your last line, I am allergic to aloe vera so LE products are no good for me.

Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare Thank you for your comments about our Cleanse & Polish – we’re sorry to hear that some of you are unhappy with the removal of almond milk. We’d like to take this opportunity to clarify a few points that have been raised regarding this subje...ct. We started to phase almond milk out of Cleanse & Polish in early 2008 following many requests from customers to make this product suitable for those with nut allergies. This ingredient wasn’t substituted, it was just removed. We carefully and rigorously tested this small modification to the formulation to ensure it continued to meet our high quality standards and still provided exactly the same cleansing and sensory experience as it always has done. We always welcome feedback, favourable or otherwise, so please be assured that your comments regarding Cleanse & Polish will be passed onto our Product Development team.

That was posted in response to the thread I started.

I'd like to think that if enough people complain they will go back to the original formula - not holding my breath though!

I too used to love my C&P and wouldn't use anything else but I noticed the difference long before anything was said. The new formulation without the almond ingredient was just not as affective and also I found my skin was left feeling quite dried out. This in conjunction with the so called odourless moisturser which to me smells fishy has put me right off Liz Earle products.

Anyone else think that the fragrance of the instant boost skin tonic is not as strong - the last one I had seemed to have not as strong a fragrance.

I too have gone off Liz Earle, it used to be amazing for my skin. I re-tried some recently and found my skin dry and bumpy! Its a shame.

That was posted in response to the thread I started.

I'd like to think that if enough people complain they will go back to the original formula - not holding my breath though!

I hope they don't go back to the original formula as it didn't suit me but I do think it would be great to have two options, one with and one without almond milk that way everyone would be happy :)'

If anyone is interested you can currently get some of the 'old' formula C&P with almond milk in it via the official LE ebay outlet:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/lizearlefactorysecondsoutlet

Sets of 2 x 50ml tubes are on sale for £10.50 which is quid less than buying the new formula direct. No muslin cloths though. I have bought moisturiser from the ebay outlet before and it was perfect quality, the only reason it was a second was a slighly wonky lid. Plus it comes direct from LE - I never like the idea of buying something like skincare from ebay when there's the potential someone could have been poking their fingers around in it before me. Yuk!

So as I had a little of both formulas left I decided to do the ubiquitas QVC half face challenge. Half old and half new formula. And the findings are...

I found both formulas equal in cleaning ability generally, but the new formula needed a little extra rubbing on the mascara.

The old formula has a "shiny" smoother look and consitency compared to the new formula, but both massaged well.

The difference for me was found in the look of my skin after removal. The old formula made my skin look a little more "radiant" after one wash, whereas it took 2 washes of the new formula to get the same look.

If anyone is interested you can currently get some of the 'old' formula C&P with almond milk in it via the official LE ebay outlet:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/lizearlefactorysecondsoutlet

Sets of 2 x 50ml tubes are on sale for £10.50 which is quid less than buying the new formula direct. No muslin cloths though. I have bought moisturiser from the ebay outlet before and it was perfect quality, the only reason it was a second was a slighly wonky lid. Plus it comes direct from LE - I never like the idea of buying something like skincare from ebay when there's the potential someone could have been poking their fingers around in it before me. Yuk!

Thanks for flagging this up. I have used the ebay outlet before and been very happy with the products and service.

Received this email today:

Dear beauty-hounds,

You're invited to a very special evening with us and Liz Earle.

This year, Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare is celebrating 15 glorious years of skincare fabulousness - and we'd like you to join us for a special event to mark the occasion at the Liz Earle flagship store in Chelsea.

The date: Thursday 16th September 2010. The time: 6.30 - 8.00 p.m.

So: do book your tickets to come along and hear us in conversation with Liz, sharing anecdotes about our experiences in the beauty world. You'll hear our plans for the future - and have a chance to ask us questions of your own. This V.I.P. invitation is limited to a maximum of 75 guests, and there'll be lots of time to enjoy this very beautiful store - and a glass of champagne - plus the opportunity to receive personal skincare advice from one of the store's skin experts.

What's more, when you leave you'll take home a gorgeous goodie bag with some of the Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare products which feature in our latest book, Beauty Bible Beauty Steals (including preview sachets of the fab new Botanical Shine Shampoo & Conditioner, Hand Repair 15 ml, Daily Eye Repair 5 ml and of course Cleanse & Polish 30 ml with one of the legendary muslin cloths.!) You can either buy copies of any of our books on the night, or do feel free to bring along your own copies for us to sign and dedicate.

Very excitingly for us, at the evening event you will be among the very, very first to have the opportunity to get your hands on a special limited edition Beauty Bible Cleanse & Polish Kit - very pink and too, too beautiful! - which has been produced to mark the fact that after 14 years of working on our Beauty Bible books, Cleanse & Polish is still the highest-scoring product ever to have been trialled by our testers.

Tickets are priced £10, the cost of which is redeemable against any purchase made in the King's Road store during the event itself. To reserve your ticket call the Liz Earle Events Line 01983-813562.

All three of us look forward to meeting you there.

With love,

Jo and Sarah

Sarah and Jo

Dear beauty-hounds,

This year, Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare is celebrating 15 glorious years of skincare fabulousness - and we'd like you to join us for a special event to mark the occasion at the Liz Earle flagship store in Chelsea.

So: do book your tickets to come along and hear us in conversation with Liz, sharing anecdotes about our experiences in the beauty world. You'll hear our plans for the future - and have a chance to ask us questions of your own. This V.I.P. invitation is limited to a maximum of 75 guests, and there'll be lots of time to enjoy this very beautiful store - and a glass of champagne - plus the opportunity to receive personal skincare advice from one of the store's skin experts.

etc etc....

All very lovely and gorgeous if you happen to live in LondonLand, but for the other 97% of us in the population its not much good is it? :yawn:

Dear beauty-hounds,

What's more, when you leave you'll take home a gorgeous goodie bag with some of the Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare products which feature in our latest book, Beauty Bible Beauty Steals (including preview sachets of the fab new Botanical Shine Shampoo & Conditioner, Hand Repair 15 ml, Daily Eye Repair 5 ml and of course Cleanse & Polish 30 ml with one of the legendary muslin cloths.!) You can either buy copies of any of our books on the night, or do feel free to bring along your own copies for us to sign and dedicate.

Very excitingly for us, at the evening event you will be among the very, very first to have the opportunity to get your hands on a special limited edition Beauty Bible Cleanse & Polish Kit - very pink and too, too beautiful! - which has been produced to mark the fact that after 14 years of working on our Beauty Bible books, Cleanse & Polish is still the highest-scoring product ever to have been trialled by our testers.

Tickets are priced £10, the cost of which is redeemable against any purchase made in the King's Road store during the event itself. To reserve your ticket call the Liz Earle Events Line 01983-813562.

All three of us look forward to meeting you there.

With love,

Jo and Sarah

Sarah and Jo

I thought this was a joke at first:confused: Surely worth going for the book dedication though eh?! :glass:

Latest posts

Back