Liz Earle TSV 26/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another bargain! I shall put that on my shopping list and give it a go. I don't really have any in-date eye m/u remover as when using a cleanser like Decleor or Elemis I just use that over the eye. Fiona says you can!!! Honestly!!! But this is certainly a lot cheaper than the famous FLoracil!! Thanks Breeze.

Floracil was always rubbish for me. Everyone swore by the Simple one, but that Boots one looks interesting.

Unfortunately, I cannot use any of the SD or Boots No7 or their Age thingy range as my rosacea breaks out. I bought and had to give away, really liked it too!

I can use M&S cleanser thing like C&P and most of their skin care funny enough.

Just goes to show, doesn't it, that contrary to what you're told you don't always get what you pay for.

Just goes to show, doesn't it, that contrary to what you're told you don't always get what you pay for.

Yes well said Breeze, I used the Boots eye make up remover, and have done for a while, I also suffer from facial eczema from time to time and find this is very gentle but effective, and I like the fact it is not a liquid or oily, it also is so cheap, so what's not to like!
I have not used the superdrug cleanser but am going to give that a go, think C&P isn't that special anymore,

I like the Superdrug's ones too. They're even cheaper than the Boots one, smell nicer than the Boots Hot Cloth one( one reason why I use the one I said instead )& come with a better muslin than the Boots Hot Cloth. It's virtually the same as the Liz Earle one but with a pink edge instead of turquoise. The Boots cloth is smaller, more flimsy yet a bit coarser.
I can't get to Superdrug as easily though.

Bought SD one yesterday and very impressed with it, took off heavy black eye make up easily and only cost £2.95 as on offer, highly recommended, thanks

I'm going to buy the Boots eye make-up remover and Superdrug C&P equivalent this afternoon, thanks to all these recommendations. Sounds like I'll make some nice savings, too. Thank you!

I had one of those Boots £5-off-No7 vouchers burning a hole in my pocket a while back, so I used it to try their version of C&P. Smells nice, does the job, muslin cloth not so great, but overall I do prefer Liz Earle.

However, I discovered the No7 one is brilliant for removing paint off your hands if you've been decorating. Rub a couple of pumps on your dry hands, then wipe off with a thick dampened cloth or an old flannel. Works a treat.

I'm going to buy the Boots eye make-up remover and Superdrug C&P equivalent this afternoon, thanks to all these recommendations. Sounds like I'll make some nice savings, too. Thank you!

Both are on my shopping list for Friday's trip to the DHS!

I am enjoying the fact that the Liz Earle TSV thread has been entirely hijacked by cracking recommendations for considerably cheaper and more effective C&P dupes - this forum is so helpful!!!!

If you have a superdrug beauty card then there`s 10% off skincare today. If you don`t have a card then register for one before you order online and not only will you get the 10% discount but you`ll get free delivery too, no matter how small your order. You have to register first though or already have a beauty card.

If you have a superdrug beauty card then there`s 10% off skincare today. If you don`t have a card then register for one before you order online and not only will you get the 10% discount but you`ll get free delivery too, no matter how small your order. You have to register first though or already have a beauty card.

Oh, Vienna! I placed a small online order last night. Why could you not tell me before, even if it wasn't known about?! :wink:

But seriously, I went in the shop yesterday and one of the assistants directed me to the Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser*. I now realise everyone's talking about the other one so I've ordered that also from the website - ridiculously cheap.

Even though I wouldn't have saved a lot with 10% off, I now want to get something from Superdrug's skincare range so I can save a little on that (this is the sort of bargain-obsessed logic I use!). Any recommendations, good people?

*Mr Marple, what didn't you like about the Vitamin E one?

Oh, Vienna! I placed a small online order last night. Why could you not tell me before, even if it wasn't known about?! :wink:

But seriously, I went in the shop yesterday and one of the assistants directed me to the Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser*. I now realise everyone's talking about the other one so I've ordered that also from the website - ridiculously cheap.

Even though I wouldn't have saved a lot with 10% off, I now want to get something from Superdrug's skincare range so I can save a little on that (this is the sort of bargain-obsessed logic I use!). Any recommendations, good people?

LOL Andi well every Thursday is members day at Superdrug so each Thursday they do either a special offer or a special discount just for their Beauty club members. Keep your eye open because they do some really good member offers especially around Christmas time. I`ve had discounts off gift sets, off dental products, soon there`ll be a member offer on sun lotions etc and they regularly have member discounts on skincare, hair care and toiletries.

LOL Andi well every Thursday is members day at Superdrug so each Thursday they do either a special offer or a special discount just for their Beauty club members. Keep your eye open because they do some really good member offers especially around Christmas time. I`ve had discounts off gift sets, off dental products, soon there`ll be a member offer on sun lotions etc and they regularly have member discounts on skincare, hair care and toiletries.

Thank you very much. I've had the Beauty Club card a few years but I wasn't aware of the Thursday thing. Is it online only? I have only fairly recently started more frequent visits to Superdrug - I was shopping there so rarely that my Beauty Club points kept expiring. They do have some great offers, it's true. Last year, they had an offer of 2 for £10 on some of the makeup brands and I couldn't believe it when two items at over £10 each went through the till at £10 for both! I'll definitely start checking on Thursdays from now on.

Thank you very much. I've had the Beauty Club card a few years but I wasn't aware of the Thursday thing. Is it online only? I have only fairly recently started more frequent visits to Superdrug - I was shopping there so rarely that my Beauty Club points kept expiring. They do have some great offers, it's true. Last year, they had an offer of 2 for £10 on some of the makeup brands and I couldn't believe it when two items at over £10 each went through the till at £10 for both! I'll definitely start checking on Thursdays from now on.

I always order online Andi because my local SD is only tiny and they quite often don`t have what I want. Delivery is always free and their website has more items. I tend to look online every Thursday and if the offer is for something I need then I do an order. The other week i stocked up on handwash which was on BOGOF and I do the same with toothpastes, toothbrushes and anything else we need. I don`t go through skincare items as quickly as we use other things but there`s always space for more toiletries in my house, especially when they`re on offer.

Honestly, Andi, I can't remember. Ha Ha
I know that it's advertised as for Dry/Normal skin, and as I'm oily, I think I'd convinced myself I wouldn't like it before I started.
I did go and buy a bottle of the Radiant one yesterday, and used it last night.
Okay, I prefer C&P, but I'd forgotten how nice it smelled. Quite herby, with a bit of fruitiness in the background.
Absolute bargain for under £3.00, even if I only use it once a week.

i must try this can't use liz earle skincare its too scented with essential oils and irritates me.

I always order online Andi because my local SD is only tiny and they quite often don`t have what I want. Delivery is always free and their website has more items. I tend to look online every Thursday and if the offer is for something I need then I do an order. The other week i stocked up on handwash which was on BOGOF and I do the same with toothpastes, toothbrushes and anything else we need. I don`t go through skincare items as quickly as we use other things but there`s always space for more toiletries in my house, especially when they`re on offer.

A woman after my own heart! I can't resist toiletries bargains. I'm lucky enough to have a decent sized Superdrug and Boots within 3 mins of my front door so I'm spoilt but I still sometimes shop online for collection in store as better deals are usually to be had. Anyway, I'm definitely going to be looking at superdrug.com on a Thursday henceforth. I'm going to have a browse this evening too.

Honestly, Andi, I can't remember. Ha Ha
I know that it's advertised as for Dry/Normal skin, and as I'm oily, I think I'd convinced myself I wouldn't like it before I started.
I did go and buy a bottle of the Radiant one yesterday, and used it last night.
Okay, I prefer C&P, but I'd forgotten how nice it smelled. Quite herby, with a bit of fruitiness in the background.
Absolute bargain for under £3.00, even if I only use it once a week.

That is encouraging, thanks. I'd say I'm dry/normal so maybe the Vitamin E HCC will suit me then. Can't say I love the smell in the tube but I've yet to actually use it. The other one does sound lovely - the scent you describe sounds perfect!

I am very influenced by smells, which I know should not be a main consideration but I can't help it. I'm using a Flora Mare eye cream I got in a TSV last year - it's nearly gone now and it's a bit of a relief because every morning I have to hold my breath, even though it's being applied in tiny amounts and not right under my nose, because it's like a cat's rear end. A pity as I do like the product itself.

As I have the lurgy at the moment and couldn't go out, I have just had a look at Superdrug online, and ordered the Naturally Radiant Cleanser and the simply pure hydrating serum. Got 10% off, free postage, and used up the £1.00 which was on my card so got both for around £4.00. Bargain. Just hope I like them but at that price it does not matter if they are not for me. The Liz Earle c & p I am using at the moment does not have a smell at all, and I am on the lookout for a new cleanser.

Latest posts

Back