Liz Earle TSV 26/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think this is very uninspiring. I am fed up of hand wash/lotion being shoved in nearly every beauty TSV! I have stacks of the stuff. I would have loved some of the energising body wash + cream for a change. I think the best TSV Liz Earle have done was the perfume one which hardly anyone got because stock levels were so low.

Not for me. Got loads of Elemis, Liz Earle and Decleor for Christmas to add to my stash.

Thanks for the tip Breeze, I think I will give this a try when I go into town tomorrow. Does it have much of a fragrance?

No, it doesn't have a strong fragrance at all. No7 is on offer at the moment, 3for2, don't have to be all the same, plus they give you a voucher at the till for money off both skincare & makeup, one for each.

I noticed on QVC Facebook loads of comments about same old same old with this and other Liz Earle TSVs. Many saying new products and offers on LE's own site most of the time.

I cannot use C&P anyway, but do like the Superskin range.

No, it doesn't have a strong fragrance at all. No7 is on offer at the moment, 3for2, don't have to be all the same, plus they give you a voucher at the till for money off both skincare & makeup, one for each.

Thanks Breeze for answering, I have a £5 No 7 voucher in my purse so that will make it a bargain to try!

I too had a moisturiser that smelled bad but as it was the first time I'd bought one of their moisturisers I thought it was just the scent. Gave up & threw it in the bin after a few days.
I used to be an avid C&P user but now I prefer this from Boots, they do versions for different skin types. I get the one for dry & very dry skin & it's gorgeous. I use it like the Liz Earle with a hot cloth.
http://www.boots.com/no7-beautiful-skin-cleansing-balm-for-dry-very-dry-skin-150ml-10134568

I might try this too although I will have to check the ingredients to make sure I can use it due to an allergy. I think I am over Liz Earle now.

I find that all the No 7 cleansing products I have used, the balm, the Melting Gel Cleanser, the Hot Cloth Cleanser and the Cleansing Oil, are georgeous. I like them all very much, but my favourite is the Melting Gel Cleanser. Thank God Boots ship to Germany.:)

Another fan of No.7 skincare here, I love their hot cloth cleanser. But, even better for me is Superdrug's hot cloth cleansers, less than a fiver and usually on BOGOF or 3 for 2 offers. Liz Earle's might be in more luxurious packaging and be a bit creamier, but I really notice no bigger difference to my skin than the drugstore versions.

Another fan of No.7 skincare here, I love their hot cloth cleanser. But, even better for me is Superdrug's hot cloth cleansers, less than a fiver and usually on BOGOF or 3 for 2 offers. Liz Earle's might be in more luxurious packaging and be a bit creamier, but I really notice no bigger difference to my skin than the drugstore versions.
When I was in London the last time, I also bought Superdrug's Vitamin E Cleanser, not bad, either, but for me too difficult to get hold of. I would love Superdrug to ship internationally!

When I was in London the last time, I also bought Superdrug's Vitamin E Cleanser, not bad, either, but for me too difficult to get hold of. I would love Superdrug to ship internationally!

That's a shame they don't ship internationally. One of the things I love about Superdrug is they do free UK delivery if you have one of their loyalty cards.

I like the No.7 Hot Cloth Cleanser too. Took me a while to get used to the smell though. I must try the Superdrug one. I have recently started shopping a lot more in Superdrug. The main reason is recommendations on here, so thanks, all.

I like the Superdrug's ones too. They're even cheaper than the Boots one, smell nicer than the Boots Hot Cloth one( one reason why I use the one I said instead )& come with a better muslin than the Boots Hot Cloth. It's virtually the same as the Liz Earle one but with a pink edge instead of turquoise. The Boots cloth is smaller, more flimsy yet a bit coarser.
I can't get to Superdrug as easily though.

Another Superdrug fan here.
IMO, this is the best moisturiser that I have ever used:-
http://www.superdrug.com/Skin/Face/Serums/Superdrug-Simply-Pure-Hydrating-Serum-50ml/p/342700

And their Hand Rescue Balm has a really lovely texture:-
http://www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/...alm-75ml/p/864665?singleResultSearchPage=true

I do still use C&P though. I don't think it's a patch on what it used to be, but I do still like it. I had a look last night, and I've got 600ml in my stash (a 100ml pump, a 150ml Pink Pepper Pump, a 150ml Clove version in a pump & a 200ml regular tube),
but once i've used those up, I might go back to the Superdrug version. I didn't like the Vitamin E one, but loved the one in green packaging. http://www.superdrug.com/Skincare/Superdrug-Naturally-Radiant-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser-150ml/p/516251

Oh, and SD's Tea Tree wipes are vastly superior to the ABC ones on Q IMO
http://www.superdrug.com/Better-tha...uperdrug-Tea-Tree-Sensitive-Wipes-30/p/824657

Someone on here has mentioned the glycolic range from SD, I would sooo love to try it and see if it is comparable to Alpha-H. Next time I am in the UK...;-)

Someone on here has mentioned the glycolic range from SD, I would sooo love to try it and see if it is comparable to Alpha-H. Next time I am in the UK...;-)

its not a bad moitsturiser. but for me a bit greasy and a little bit too perfumed but if you manage that its very good. i have the neuropeptide from perricone and the night cream has a glycolic effect. not over greasy in fact perfect texture for me. its killing me because its expensive but just nicer and less irritating than the superdrug night cream. worth a try you can always return it and the superdrug range is vast so lots to explore

Well this Boots No 7 info has been a revelation to me! I never knew they did any good ones. I was in a large Boots today and picked up the hot cloth cleanser which certainly looks like C&P. I was about to investigate the others when I knocked the tester hot cloth one off the stand, it crashed to the floor and split open so there was goo everywhere. I was too embarrassed to look further, apologised and scuttled off to the till. I shall have to look again another day for the one Breeze mentioned upthread.

I do have an SD nearby so may look in there too. Online it is under £3!!!

Oh, Mazza, poor you. I bet you were mortified, I'd have turned into a beetroot!

If anyone is in the market for an eye makeup remover, I use this. Been using it for years & years.
Bit of background, I can get exzema on my eyelids & also have the kind of severe allergy to certain things ( not makeup) that has seen me blue lighted into A&E with anaphylactic shock several times over the years & so I have to take antihistamines every single day if the year & carry an Epipen all the time.
So I have to be careful of irritants even though it isn't usually cosmetics that are my problem. I've never had any sort of reaction to this, or any No7 either for that matter, & you can't call it expensive!!
Only thing is it's a lotion rather than a watery liquid or oil mix type so might not appeal to everyone who doesn't like that type. It's so so gentle though & very effective. I put it on cotton wool & wipe everything off my eyes before using the face cleanser I mentioned.

Another Superdrug fan here!

The balm handcream is lovely as are the teatree wipes!

And free P&P on any size of order if you have one of their loyalty cards, you can sign up when you order.

Another Superdrug fan here.
IMO, this is the best moisturiser that I have ever used:-
http://www.superdrug.com/Skin/Face/Serums/Superdrug-Simply-Pure-Hydrating-Serum-50ml/p/342700

And their Hand Rescue Balm has a really lovely texture:-
http://www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/...alm-75ml/p/864665?singleResultSearchPage=true

I do still use C&P though. I don't think it's a patch on what it used to be, but I do still like it. I had a look last night, and I've got 600ml in my stash (a 100ml pump, a 150ml Pink Pepper Pump, a 150ml Clove version in a pump & a 200ml regular tube),
but once i've used those up, I might go back to the Superdrug version. I didn't like the Vitamin E one, but loved the one in green packaging. http://www.superdrug.com/Skincare/Superdrug-Naturally-Radiant-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser-150ml/p/516251

Oh, and SD's Tea Tree wipes are vastly superior to the ABC ones on Q IMO
http://www.superdrug.com/Better-tha...uperdrug-Tea-Tree-Sensitive-Wipes-30/p/824657

Ah that's interesting, that's the one that (beauty - among other things - writer) Sali Hughes always recommends. :) Have been meaning to try it.

its not a bad moitsturiser. but for me a bit greasy and a little bit too perfumed but if you manage that its very good. i have the neuropeptide from perricone and the night cream has a glycolic effect. not over greasy in fact perfect texture for me. its killing me because its expensive but just nicer and less irritating than the superdrug night cream. worth a try you can always return it and the superdrug range is vast so lots to explore

I've been put off Perricone as I've read quite a lot about it smelling fishy. That'd be a total deal breaker for me, I'd genuinely rather become haggard! :nod: :grin: You've been really impressed with it, though, haven't you?

Oh, Mazza, poor you. I bet you were mortified, I'd have turned into a beetroot!

If anyone is in the market for an eye makeup remover, I use this. Been using it for years & years.
Bit of background, I can get exzema on my eyelids & also have the kind of severe allergy to certain things ( not makeup) that has seen me blue lighted into A&E with anaphylactic shock several times over the years & so I have to take antihistamines every single day if the year & carry an Epipen all the time.
So I have to be careful of irritants even though it isn't usually cosmetics that are my problem. I've never had any sort of reaction to this, or any No7 either for that matter, & you can't call it expensive!!
Only thing is it's a lotion rather than a watery liquid or oil mix type so might not appeal to everyone who doesn't like that type. It's so so gentle though & very effective. I put it on cotton wool & wipe everything off my eyes before using the face cleanser I mentioned.

Blimey, that's scary Breeze. Must admit one of my pet hates is forking out for cleansers that really sting the eyes. By definition, you will be needing to use them over the eye area, do they not test for these things?! Have got two Bare Minerals ones languishing in my cupboard for that very reason. Foul tasting lip products are another one.

Latest posts

Back