Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser vs. Superskin Concentrate

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AmethystRox

Registered Shopper
Could those of you who are familiar with LE's Superskin products give some advice as to which one is better or is the concentrate for night-time use whereas the moisturiser is for day? I am thinking about trying one or both but thought I'd ask if anyone has a preference for or has had problems with either one. I have tried her Cleanse and Polish as well as the Eyebright Eye Lotion and Instant boost skin tonic and find them both good. Any other LE products anyone can recommend? Many thanks for any words of wisdom. :mysmilie_504:

I used LE SuperSkin Concentrate every night for 5 years and loved it, until I found this instead.

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...59&uattrmb=NV0CSNULL&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

I much prefer it if I'm honest.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the LE oil, but I did need to use a moisturiser over the top, but with AD Skin Synergy, I don't. (I have oily skin BTW).
Also, the price was a bonus as well. The cost of AD for the 50ml duo is not much more than I was paying for 28ml of Liz Earle, and a bottle (using three pumps a night), lasts me about 7 months, so it's economical as well.

Regarding SS Moisturiser, I wasn't keen. As I say, I've got oily skin and I found it a bit too heavy. I think it's much more suitable to a dryer skin.

Now, if Tinks logs on, she's the opposite of me. She loves the LE Oil, so at least if you buy from Q, you'll get a month to try them out.
Good luck either way.

Was at the LE counter in john lewis last week and was told there is a new superskin product coming out at the end of August , but no Info beyond that .....

According to the Liz Earle website - use your superskin concentrate under your moisturiser.

Personally, I find it too much to use both. I use either the moisturiser or the concentrate when I'm using LE, but you can mix them together. The concentrate is called a serum, but is essentially made up of oils (including argan oil). Again, my personal feeling, the oil is too heavy for my skin most of the time, and I prefer to use lighter oils such as AD Skin Synergy, which Mr Marple has mentioned, or the Decleor Aromessences., or I use a Clarins blue orchid facial oil. In general with any oil - they seem to sink in better on a slightly damp skin - so straight after toner is a good idea... and apply a very small amount unless you're planning to use it to massage your face - if you're able to create a small pool in your palm you have enough for a massage and too much for general application. As we are all different (and everyone's skin will vary day by day) start with a small amount - see how your skin feels, and if you want to add a little more. Keep it well away from your eyes - it "wicks" into your eye area and can give you lovely swollen eyelids and be generally irritating to your eyes.

Liz use to recommend using the superskin concentrate over the top of the moisturiser which seems to work better for oils on my skin. Thinner textured serums I'd put underneath; though tbh I don't bother with multiple layered products any more and I think my skin's better if I keep it simple.

Mr M is giving away all my flipping secrets. I do indeed love the Superskin Concentrate and use it at night without any need for a moisturiser on top. Its too much for me during the day. I tend to use PCMC and used to use that both day and night but my skin suddenly got drier when I hit 50.

I have tried the Superskin moisturiser and I do like it. Its quite light in texture but very moisturising. I just happen to prefer PCMC. The Concentrate is too much for me during the day. My make up just doesn't stay on properly if I do.

I've never tried the AD oil so can't compare.

Mr M is giving away all my flipping secrets. I do indeed love the Superskin Concentrate and use it at night without any need for a moisturiser on top. Its too much for me during the day. I tend to use PCMC and used to use that both day and night but my skin suddenly got drier when I hit 50.

I have tried the Superskin moisturiser and I do like it. Its quite light in texture but very moisturising. I just happen to prefer PCMC. The Concentrate is too much for me during the day. My make up just doesn't stay on properly if I do.

Hi for me because I'm allergic to the essential oils in Liz Earle superskin concentrate I would go always with the superskin moisturiser unfragranced morning and night. I've seen improvements in my skin with consistent use and my skin is really challenged (I won't bore you!). However, must admit I'd love to be able to use the oil at night and if you are able I would say its so loved I'm sure its worth a go :)

Quite new to this range as I have always been a die hard Decleor fan. Have to say, I'm quite impressed with the oil in particular. For me it's far too rich to wear during the day so I just apply at night without moisturiser but I have oily/combo skin. In the morning, skin feels lovely.

The moisturiser is fine on its own for daytime. I have the scented one but i think I would choose the other one next time. Quite rich so takes a moment to sink in before makeup application.

Liz use to recommend using the superskin concentrate over the top of the moisturiser which seems to work better for oils on my skin. Thinner textured serums I'd put underneath; though tbh I don't bother with multiple layered products any more and I think my skin's better if I keep it simple.

This is something which Judith Williams also recommends with her rose oil... if you treat an oil as an oil, and not as a serum, it is quite popular on the continent to apply an oil on top of, rather than under, a moisturiser.

Quite new to this range as I have always been a die hard Decleor fan. Have to say, I'm quite impressed with the oil in particular. For me it's far too rich to wear during the day so I just apply at night without moisturiser but I have oily/combo skin. In the morning, skin feels lovely.

The moisturiser is fine on its own for daytime. I have the scented one but i think I would choose the other one next time. Quite rich so takes a moment to sink in before makeup application.

Superskin concentrate, and AD Skin synergy are both intended for use at nighttime, rather than daytime - so your feeling that it's too much in the day is spot on. Try it just at night, and then use the moisturiser without the concentrate during the day.

I too was going to say I would recommend the AD synergy :) It's not actually my own recommendation but based on my mum and God mum who both been using the oil for couple of years every night on its own...
I have tried the Liz Earle superskin but as a moisturiser for day and the oil in the evening alone but my skin is relatively young so find them a little on the rich side ATM...
When I find it on offer, I love the Balance Me roll on facial oil at night is perfect!

Just wanted to add, DD(19) and I (52) both use the Josie Maran Argan oil at night, on skin still moist from LE's Instant Boost Skin Tonic. (other Argan oils are available on ebay far cheaper). It seems to suit my skin but also helped clear my daughter's skin from hormonal chin spots. At least with a single oil (not blended like Liz Earle's or AD) you can patch test and know exactly what ingredient has caused any reaction.

I got a sample pot of the Neroli scented LE cream and I really liked it. In the past the original version smelled slightly fishy to me. I'm not getting on with the limited edition C&P fragrances though, I'm mixing in a pump of the Brightening treatment to mask the scent.

Was at the LE counter in john lewis last week and was told there is a new superskin product coming out at the end of August , but no Info beyond that .....
Yes, they developed a new Superskin serum. You can see it on Liz Earle's Twitter page. There will also be new candles and the handcream will be available in two new scents.
And the new fragrance, No.20, seems to be a rose one. You can see the pictures when you look at the "favourites" section or the "photo's" section. :)

Both products are lovely to use. The texture of the moisturiser is in between decleor hydrafloral original and rich and I find it just right for me. That said, if it's a choice I'd always go with the oil. It can be used in different ways, smells heavenly and will give a boost to any moisturiser.

Latest posts

Back