Liz Earle Superbalm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
Now, I am not one for believing in the magical healing powers of anything unless it can be scientifically proved. However, I am a great believer in the placebo effect - if it does (seems to) work for you then so be it! I have this relationship with Liz Earle Superbalm. It stops my cold sores from developing and sorts out some sort of skin condition on the palm of my hand where the skin gets really flaky and thick. I have no idea what causes it to work for me, but it does! Anything that prevents cold sores is a real winner in my book! :giggle:

I buy the small 5g pots as I like to keep it in my bag for when I need it. Every one I buy (whether off EBay or LE direct) always ends up going bitty/grainy though, and I don't know why! There is one review on Q where the reviewer asks this question, but other than that no-one has mentioned it. Are we the only two people in the world this happens to?!

While we're on the subject, what uses do you have for it? I may treat myself to a big pot if I can use it elsewhere!

Mine went grainy and stank as well!

Yes, ditto, mine always have too.....maybe 'cos I leave them sweltering in the bottom of my handbag for weeks at a time though? On the other hand, if I kept putting them in the fridge to preserve them, I'd only forget to get them out again.....like, ever! LOL

Is it meant to be kept in the fridge then?!! I wouldn't be happy if I bought the big pot and it went funny.

Is it meant to be kept in the fridge then?!! I wouldn't be happy if I bought the big pot and it went funny.

No, you don't have to but it stops it melting into liquid Vaseline in the middle of summer though! As I say, the tricky part is remembering to get it out again before trundling off somewhere.....without it! :doh:

Personally I think it will eventually end up smelly & grainy no matter what you do with it however, it does seem to have a relatively short lifespan once opened?

No, you don't have to but it stops it melting into liquid Vaseline in the middle of summer though! As I say, the tricky part is remembering to get it out again before trundling off somewhere.....without it! :doh:

Personally I think it will eventually end up smelly & grainy no matter what you do with it however, it does seem to have a relatively short lifespan once opened?

Hmm...maybe the small pots are the way to go then. Maybe, just maybe, I can keep in the fridge for emergency cold sores and my hand falling apart and actually remember where I've put it. Weird concept. I spend so long tracking the tiny blighter down, my ailments probably cure themselves before a drop of magic goo even touches them :p Ha ha!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I swear I've chucked more half full pots out than I've used to the end so not sure I'd want to risk a big one?

They're OK in the winter but I do think it helps to pop them in the fridge for a couple of hours at least in the summer, I don't like it when they go all soft & slimy! LOL

Yes, grainy indeed. I swore it made my nails stronger, I used the tiny pots and applied twice a day.

The same thing happens to Eve Lom it has crystal like bits. I remember the manageress in SpaceNK telling a customer it was the weather causing it, the oils heat up in warm weather and then the balm cools down in colder weather. If it stayed at one temperature this would not happen. She said not to worry the product still works.

Mine has only gone 'grainy' once, when I took the pot to work and kept it in my pocket all day, so I just assumed that it got too warm.
That's one of the reasons that I only buy the small pots, in case it happens again.
Works out more expensive I suppose, but a pot lasts me about 3 months, so it's not a big issue really.

Latest posts

Back