Liz Earle 'sacked'/ stepped down?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Look at a site called Naturally Thinking. They have at least 3 cleansers which are similar in type to the LE Cleanse and Polish. You remove them with a hot cloth and their products are lovely.

The Superdrug Vit E Hot Cloth Cleanser is very good according to my daughter and it has the BUAV leaping bunny logo too. Around £4.99 for £200ml too.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Bought the M&S Pure hot cloth cleanser. Like everyone said, the dispenser is useless but the product seems OK. I do like LE products but the prices have been increasing quite steadily although they do provide an excellent online service. Oh, the perils of greed!

@Vienna "... she`ll go off to play benefactor for some charity to fill her long boring days"

To do some damage limitation to her personal reputation, more like.

I've just been Googling alternative hot cloth cleansers and it would appear that there are lots on the market now - ranging from an exorbitantly priced Eve Lom one to the inexpensive Superdrug version.

I have medication induced rosacea and LE's Cleanse & Polish, Instant Skin Boost and Eyebright have been my salvation for about the last 10 years - so I am really dismayed at the thought of having to find replacements if it comes to it. Fortunately, I seem to have stockpiled quite a lot and am working my way through it chronologically so haven't yet noticed any changes.

Remember when Terence Conran and George Davies were sacked by Habitat and Next respectively - the companies they had founded?

Has anyone tried the Boots No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser?
The £5 voucher they often give out in Boots would make that a bargain but don't know how good it is.

Bought the M&S Pure hot cloth cleanser. Like everyone said, the dispenser is useless but the product seems OK. I do like LE products but the prices have been increasing quite steadily although they do provide an excellent online service. Oh, the perils of greed!

That ****** dispenser drives me up the pole. There are two tips that improve it though. Either firmly tap it on the sink between pumps or shake it just once between each pump. I have to say that much as I really like it the dispenser puts me off from buying a second one.

I also like the Superdrug one but neither have the same consistency as Liz Earle and don't take mascara off as well but they're good alternatives. I didn't like the Asda N'Spa one as much as these two. I still prefer the original though.

i wonder if she can set up a new company again with just her three basics and rename the compan earles i dont mind taking a smallish renumersation for the idea and i will present the new line on qvc again for a smallish fee!

If she wanted to keep the company, she would never have sold it in the first place. Sounds like she had a plan in place to move on from cosmetics.

Liz, Its all about the money, money.

That ****** dispenser drives me up the pole. There are two tips that improve it though. Either firmly tap it on the sink between pumps or shake it just once between each pump. I have to say that much as I really like it the dispenser puts me off from buying a second one.

I also like the Superdrug one but neither have the same consistency as Liz Earle and don't take mascara off as well but they're good alternatives. I didn't like the Asda N'Spa one as much as these two. I still prefer the original though.

I find the M&S Pure hot cloth cleanser dispenser a bit annoying too. Best alternative hot cloth cleanser I've found for removing mascara is the one from Tropic Skincare http://www.tropicskincare.com/skin-care.html but beware it does have a very strong eucalyptus smell. http://www.natroma.co.uk/store/d1-cleansers/ do quite good hot cloth cleansers too.

I changed brands for economic reasons and moved to the Boots No 7 cleansers. It's creamy and nice to use and works well. I found I needed to get used to the flowery smell but that didn't take long. You also get 200ml in each container, it has a nice easy pump and you can clearly see when it's running out. I've had my current bottle a couple of months now and it's still going strong. It's £9.95 for the 200ml but they are often available on the 3 for 2 offer. I could only get 2 though as it's so popular that was all that was left! At least I ended up getting something else I wanted for free :) No P&P either and I didn't have to wait a week to be able to use it ;)

I don't want to read all the previous posts to see if this has been put up already, but for the info of those who don't do Facebook, here is a message from LE - - - - - >

Hi All,
Following quite a bit of speculation online over the last few hours we have an update from Liz which we wanted to share with you all.

"With the acquisition of any company comes a change in roles, and although I chose to resign as a director, I continue to be involved with Liz Earle Beauty Co in much the same way as before. I am committed to seeing the company grow and maintain its core values that has made it so successful. I will be working as many days as the business needs me." Liz Earle

Unfortunately nothing stays the same. I expect Liz did her best to ensure safeguards for her staff and for the quality of her range when she did the deal. I don't really think it's fair to say she has to take responsibility forever more just because she had a successful business. It would be nice of course but that's life and if she's moving into the charity arena so much the better. I don't necessarily agree that money was her only objective. She founded a natural range using lovely ingredients at sensible prices and because of that and her excellent customer service people shopped with her. I'm sure that she is very concerned about the future of the range because after all, her name is written all over it - literally. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that will be enough to at least ensure future quality but who knows. I would like some more clarification from the company before I shop with them again.

I don't want to read all the previous posts to see if this has been put up already, but for the info of those who don't do Facebook, here is a message from LE - - - - - >

Hi All,
Following quite a bit of speculation online over the last few hours we have an update from Liz which we wanted to share with you all.

"With the acquisition of any company comes a change in roles, and although I chose to resign as a director, I continue to be involved with Liz Earle Beauty Co in much the same way as before. I am committed to seeing the company grow and maintain its core values that has made it so successful. I will be working as many days as the business needs me." Liz Earle

"As many days as the business needs me" Thats doesn't explain much really.

Just found she has sold it to AVON.

Getting info from FB is like getting blood out of a stone, get 1/2 way down the page then get zapped back to the top.

A statement up on Facebook from Liz.

Companies change etc, she has stepped down as a director but will continue to work with the brand as needed.

How magnanimous of her.

Wow what a turn up. They are still advertising for staff on her web site ??? Are we going to see yet another range disappear from QVC I wonder?

Last edited:
Sadly for me Emma Hardie is a no go due to sweet almond oil as is the Superdrug hot cloth and tropic skincare. Boots no7 a no due to the fragrance :(. I'll check out naturally thinking but ended up with Liz Earle after trialling and failing with so many products its not even funny w)

Not sure if I read it here or on FB - but someone said that they thought the products had changed. Well they were right !

I got an ingredients booklet with my order from QVC today and had a quick look through. I looked at a couple of the products that I use (skin repair, body wash and nourishing body cream) and they are different. Some have new ingredients in (sunflower seed oil), others have had ingredients taken out. Most of them are the same but the ingredients list is in a different order, which I think makes a difference.

Latest posts

Back