Liz Earle 'sacked'/ stepped down?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SuziQ

Registered Shopper
My daughter just told me about this, after reading something on her twitter feed. Apparently the company is adamant she stepped down, but her daughter wrote something on a Facebook page about not being ale to believe her mother was sacked by her own company, but her post was deleted. Anyone know the juicy gossip on this please?

Just seen something on Twitter that Liz Earle Co. has just made 200 staff redundant. And that she's been fired. Clearly the honeymoon with Avon is over.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I have just done a huge Internet search and found nothing. I swear my daughter doesn't take drugs and as a degree holder is normally accurate in what she tells me!

I posted on the facebook page twice and it was deleted twice! Am just going to keep posting but what's the betting I get banned from the page?

I know nothing but it would be very odd if Avon hadn't put in some clause that meant she was tied in to the business for a period of time. They would also have had some deal whereby she couldn't go off and set up in competition. Sacking her makes no sense as it could mean those clauses no longer hold good.

Suzi, can your daughter get a screen capture of what she saw on Twitter, or does she know the username of the person it came from?

Well, if its true, Avon will no doubt be rushing out a statement soon putting their spin on it and naming the successor. Until such time they'll want to quell speculation on FB. But once its out there, well it's out there and it's impossible to contain the rumour mill

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

There are a lot of people that don't like the LE brand, but alternatively there are millions of us that swear by the brand, so this will cause huge interest, me especially! Its the one time I would like to have twitter or be on facebook. I never thought I would say that.

Thing is, none of us knows exactly what deal Liz did with Avon, do we? Se is such a savvy business woman that I can't help thinking she has something up her sleeve here- maybe a completely new company and she needed to be 'set free' from LE to start it up? I guess it's 'watch this space' but will be interesting to see how QVC handle this if it's true!

Caroline Hirons ‏@CarolineHirons

Stand down the troops. Official statement coming - am told is 'categorically not true' that LE has left Liz Earle. Breathe easy Liz fans.

Just seen this

It's a beauty blogger called Caroline Hirons, who has now posted hat the company are saying it is untrue, even though the daughter posted it on the LE facebook page. She has print-screened it for me but I don't know how to show that here!

https://mobile.twitter.com/CarolineHirons

Last edited:
the liz earle expansion programme will continue in........poland where most of avon operations are wow! just a guess by the way.

200 sacked- that is probably a large proportion of the LE staff. Maybe Avon will completely produce the stuff now? More jobs going abroad, not good"

I'm sorry for the overlapping with other people's posts- I am slow posting on my iPad and didn't see the other posts so sorry if this thread is all disjointed!

Wow - that's major news. I agree that 200 staff probably covers the main body of staff. I dislike Liz but her range is lovely, and feel sorry for her employees if they have been made redundant.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back