liz earle perfume bombed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love Shalimar too but not on me!

Donna, thankyou for your really interesting and informative post about Shalimar. It has been my favourite perfume for over 40 years and I had noticed a slight change, as did one of my daughters who has a real 'nose'. I generally only wear it in Winter or in the evening, here as it's a little heavy for the sunshine. On sunny daytimes, I wear Pink Sugar, which smells like candy floss and was arrived at after much trial and error when we first arrived as most classic perfumes feel cloying in the sun. Even the lightest "green" ones seemed to change from grassy to rotting compost.Pink Sugar seems to have a hypnotic effect on people, it's probably loaded with come hither chemicals, or something!

I love Shalimar on other people but, sadly, it smells terrible on me.
Can anyone remember the name of a film made ages ago (in the 1970's?) where a woman took over the body (and the husband) of another woman by means of witchcraft. The only reason why the husband cottoned on was because the witch continued to wear her signature scent (which was Shalimar) whilst the wife had hated it and would therefore have never worn it. I am sure Alan Alda was in it and there was something to do with a piano. Help, I won't sleep tonight if I don't find out !!!!!

Donna, or anyone, have you ever tried Eau De Soir by Sisley?
I was fortunate to be given this by my sister, it's getting on for £70 a bottle but it's absolutely exquisite, a little goes a long way:flower::flower:

Yes, I own Eau de Soir, it is a chypre.
If you sister love EdS then she should try Y by YSL.

I buy my Sisley foundation from ebay France. That is the only place that seems to have the 0 shade. Refund to pay £56 for it when I can get a tester unopened for £20(it depends the exchange rate for the euro/pound).

I love Shalimar on other people but, sadly, it smells terrible on me.
Can anyone remember the name of a film made ages ago (in the 1970's?) where a woman took over the body (and the husband) of another woman by means of witchcraft. The only reason why the husband cottoned on was because the witch continued to wear her signature scent (which was Shalimar) whilst the wife had hated it and would therefore have never worn it. I am sure Alan Alda was in it and there was something to do with a piano. Help, I won't sleep tonight if I don't find out !!!!!

Ooh no idea honeybun.

You could try looking up Alan Alda at IMDB.com and see if anything jumps out?

Thanks guys, especially Donna - very interesting thread. Was never going to try LE as i dont get on with her skin care but i have done some googling and found that all the fragrances i like have the same base notes of vanilla, tonka bean or musk!! Who said this forum was all about shopping!!

The perfumes are PURE perfume so you only need one drop per wrist... I love the stuff. They sell 'Imps' which are tester sets of 9 different fragrances as samplers. small but even they last a long time.

*runs away before Loveheart appears *

BPAL are all oil based fragrances and quite intense. I have a lovely rose/musk based one, actually bought on eb*y quite cheap.

Word of advice order the Imps from BPAL, gives you a chance to try loads.

I'm coming up to 3 hours since spraying the tester in JL. I'll be honest, I'm not sold. I did like it at first, but now I think it smells really old-fashionned. Is it lavender that I can smell? I really can't bare lavender. I'm glad I've had a chance to smell it, as I know I would have bought it and never bothered to send it back had I not had the chance to test. I was sold on the fact it was developed in Grasse, which is an absolutely beautiful little town.

I tried it John Lewis today and to be honest the lemon smell was very powerful but went in a minute or two and later it reminded me of Blue Grass - something I wore 30 years ago.
After that it just faded and although I still get a faint trace after 8 hours - I'm not impressed with it on me.
I do prefer fragrances like Opium and Cinnabar that tend to be musky and exotic, rather than the more flowery perfumes which are just not me at all.

The perfumes are PURE perfume so you only need one drop per wrist... I love the stuff. They sell 'Imps' which are tester sets of 9 different fragrances as samplers. small but even they last a long time.

*runs away before Loveheart appears *

Et voila, je suis ici.:hi::hi:

I could spend hours here http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/welcome.html

A bit gothic, but some of the perfumes are gorgeous and unusual. I had a pear one from there once that smelt of fresh cut pears, it was gorgeous. and a dark rose one that was really dark and heady not at all grannyish

Awww... I spent ages mooching around and decided on a smelly but they say they only deliver to the USA.

Ye they ship to Uk or at least they used too. Don't remember it ever being a problem.

Just keep in mind custom charges.Not sure how much it is now, but used to be charged duty for anything over 37 ish quid

Latest posts

Back