Liz Earle - New Partnership

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goodness only knows why I care about this but today's show just doesn't seem the same for some reason.
I've lost interest in LE, the sell out has just taken the gloss off it for me ...................I will get over it though. lol:muscle:

Goodness only knows why I care about this but today's show just doesn't seem the same for some reason.
I've lost interest in LE, the sell out has just taken the gloss off it for me ...................I will get over it though. lol:muscle:

I got the feeling this morning that Caroline Archer looked a bit uncomfortable.

*Cheesy Liz Earle Promo Music starts, cut to shot of Liz and her new team standing outside a disused, empty and crumbling factory in Gdansk in the pouring rain wearing grey macs, sou westers and galoshes*

'Welcome to Poland, the new home of Liz Earle Naturally Active AvonCare where the tranquil walks through the frozen wastes of the Eastern Bloc are an inspiration for us. We have a new dedicated team of experts to select the finest blends of SLS, Parabens, Phthalates and Alchohols to bring you heavenly, pampering treatments to strip your skin, mind and body...'

Avon are on the Caring Consumer list of companies that do NOT test on animals. This is the official line on how you get on the list -
'Companies listed either have signed PETA's statement of assurance or provided a statement verifying that they do not conduct or commission any animal tests on ingredients, formulations, or finished products and that they pledge not to do so in the future'.
I would therefore like to hope that Avon are ok for the animal testing concerns.

*Cheesy Liz Earle Promo Music starts, cut to shot of Liz and her new team standing outside a disused, empty and crumbling factory in Gdansk in the pouring rain wearing grey macs, sou westers and galoshes*

'Welcome to Poland, the new home of Liz Earle Naturally Active AvonCare where the tranquil walks through the frozen wastes of the Eastern Bloc are an inspiration for us. We have a new dedicated team of experts to select the finest blends of SLS, Parabens, Phthalates and Alchohols to bring you heavenly, pampering treatments to strip your skin, mind and body...'

you are so funny i am wiping the tears away from my face brilliant post!:happy:

The american woman is the botonist,and no she isn't anything to do with Avon. I met her at the london store in January. She doesn't really 'fit the mould' like Liz's other staff: quite loud and brash. She also wasn't very good with the presentation she did about the botanicals and wasn't very good the last tme she was on QVC either. Very odd choice.

ETS just seen her on today's show, she looks as though she has been 'liz earled' to me! She looked like a bag of washing at the do I went to and was very load,almost screechy voice. She is much softer today. Mind you as Caroline just said,she started out as a PR for Liz Earle, which is what Liz does so well for her own company (PR) well, not her company any more,sorry!
The reason I object to Avon is that Liz has always been so proud of her bunny on her products denoting no animal testing,not even using products others have tested on animals. Avon DO use products that may have been tested on animals even tho they say they don't do any testing at all. At the end of the day I will use what I have and see what happens: there are plenty of other products out there,some of them much cheaper! Skincare isn't the most important thing to me,unlike some of the people on that forum that have been quite ott (devastated etc!)

oddly enough she smell like an avon rep to me something about her is a bit avonised!

Avon are on the Caring Consumer list of companies that do NOT test on animals. This is the official line on how you get on the list -
'Companies listed either have signed PETA's statement of assurance or provided a statement verifying that they do not conduct or commission any animal tests on ingredients, formulations, or finished products and that they pledge not to do so in the future'.
I would therefore like to hope that Avon are ok for the animal testing concerns.

Avon don't test or commission tests, BUT they do use ingredients which have been tested by other companies that don't have a fixed cut off date for testing.
http://www.naturewatch.org/shoppingguide/avon_facts.asp
She won't lose her bunny as BUAV aren't concerned with parent/owning companies (The Body Shop is BUAV, but is owned by Procter & Gamble), but I doubt she will be approved by Naturewatch anymore which has stricter guidelines.

The Body Shop are owned by L'Oreal or their parent company, its not Proctor and Gamble though. They own Calvin Klein or did as they make the fragrances and make for the brand.

Doesn't surprise me in the least! I'm severely allergic to LE products (and Avon) so it'll not affect me at all. So sorry for you guys who use her stuff though :heartbroke:

Pauline x

The Body Shop are owned by L'Oreal or their parent company, its not Proctor and Gamble though. They own Calvin Klein or did as they make the fragrances and make for the brand.

Ok sorry thought Procter & Gamble owned L'oreal, still Body Shop, Avon, Liz Earle the profit still ends up going to a company which allows testing.

Ok sorry thought Procter & Gamble owned L'oreal, still Body Shop, Avon, Liz Earle the profit still ends up going to a company which allows testing.

avon test thier beauty products on humans have done so for a long time.
it makes sense to me i don see any mice wearing moisturiser.

avon test thier beauty products on humans have done so for a long time.
it makes sense to me i don see any mice wearing moisturiser.

The final product isn't tested but the ingredients are tested by other companies which don't have a fixed cut off date for testing ingredients on animals. This is information which Naturewatch advised. I do use all kinds of products, just wanted people to be aware that Liz Earle although still bunny friendly, is now connected to another company which does use animal tested ingredients which do not have a fixed cut off date.

I've always wondered why Avon stopped advertising that their products were not tested on animals, they used to always hav it on the books and now they dont, guessing its becaise of the ingredients being tested.

Avon's stance is here ... although I find the wording in paragraph 1 (below) to be quite ambigous which is why I don't purchase from them. I read it to say that whilst they don't require 3rd parties to test ingriendets/products, if they do, then so be it.

http://responsibility.avoncompany.com/page-44-Animal-Testing

Avon does not conduct animal testing on any of its products or raw ingredients and does not require that suppliers of raw ingredients and finished products produced for Avon conduct animal testing on our behalf.

Avon will conduct animal testing when required by law, at the request of government health or medical authorities, and only after having first attempted to persuade the requesting authority to accept non-animal test data.

I copied this from an online business site.

Opportunity to explore door-to-door sales channel

Avon is well known for its direct-selling approach, and the acquisition could eventually result in Liz Earle products being sold in the same way.

“[The acquisition] represents a long-term opportunity to develop a stand-alone Liz Earle direct-selling Representative channel,” said Jung.

Liz Earle’s eponymous founder said although the acquisition doesn’t mean the brand will suddenly be sold door-to-door, this is a sales channel to explore for the future, particularly as it is something many consumers of the brand have requested.

Liz Earle products can be purchased online, via the QVC television channel and in a variety of retail outlets including own brand stores, prestige boutiques and British high street retailer John Lewis.

According to Earle, 2010 will see new product launches from Liz Earle, including a mineral-only sunscreen, as well as the brand’s first foray into the hair care market.

So door to door sales are expected in the future after all. :smirk:

Sounds like a catalogue to me.

Latest posts

Back