Liz Earle 'Fine Fragrance'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh My Goodness!!!! I had 2, I adored them, but boy did they stink!!!!
My dear, late dad wouldn't let me have one, but one day when I was 16 my big sis and I went off to Scotland on holiday, well I found the Afghan coat of my dreams, so I just had to buy it. I'll NEVER forget the look on dad's face when we stepped off the train with me dolled up in my new coat:cheeky: It was 1973, the best years ever. The coat was green and orange embroidery on a brown background. Later on I aquired another one on loan from a bloke I was crazy about, he never had it back and mum and dad used to make me keep it in the boot of the car because it stank soooooo much. Happy days:flower:
Also, I used to drench myself in patchouli oil and still try and always buy patchouli based perfumes:hi:

Rozzy, Time has not diminished the twang of the afghan coat but I have totally forgotten patchouli. Can you describe the scent to me?

XXX

I used to eye afghan coats but never had the money to buy one. I was still at school in 1973.

So this actually explains the heavy use of patchouli oil, to kill the smell of the afghan coats.

The heaviest patchouli perfume is Tabu.

I used to eye afghan coats but never had the money to buy one. I was still at school in 1973.

So this actually explains the heavy use of patchouli oil, to kill the smell of the afghan coats.

The heaviest patchouli perfume is Tabu.

I remember Tabu! Very very strong. Mate used that - plus afghan coat. We were 15 in 1973. I was not allowed afghan coat - mum would not allow cos of pen and ink - and my mate was the ultimate in cool. Was always envious of her!

Launch

Hi :wave2:,
I have just had an email from Liz Earle (the company, not the lady herself!), which tells me the fine fragrance has been launched on the website.
:happy::happy::happy:

Snuffle, neat patchouli oil is very, very strong and quite cloying. In the 70s, we used to buy little bottles of it, it was a hippy smell really, I'm still very much a hippy at heart.It's very spicy, incense like and heavy, but it leaves the most beautiful lingering smell when put in a perfume.
I used to buy Crabtree and Evelyn fragrance simply called Patchouli, sadly discontinued and I adore L'Occitane Eau D'Iparie.
A really good way to try it is from Darl's Tart Store, she does some lovely patchouli based smells:heart:

ps I broke a bottle of neat patchouli oil in a drawer about 20 years ago, it still smells now:tongue2:

Thanks, Rozzy. Some good tips. I may go to canterbury tomorrow and I'll try the L'occitane shop for a squirt.

XXX

Oh My Goodness!!!! I had 2, I adored them, but boy did they stink!!!!
My dear, late dad wouldn't let me have one, but one day when I was 16 my big sis and I went off to Scotland on holiday, well I found the Afghan coat of my dreams, so I just had to buy it. I'll NEVER forget the look on dad's face when we stepped off the train with me dolled up in my new coat:cheeky: It was 1973, the best years ever. The coat was green and orange embroidery on a brown background. Later on I aquired another one on loan from a bloke I was crazy about, he never had it back and mum and dad used to make me keep it in the boot of the car because it stank soooooo much. Happy days:flower:
Also, I used to drench myself in patchouli oil and still try and always buy patchouli based perfumes:hi:

Lol! That brings back a few memories rozzy! Mine was light brown with pink and green flowers embroidered on it and I wore it with my jeans with the paisley triangular inserts in the leg seams. I thought I was sooo cool! I even have a photo of me at school wearing it. My friends are all in uniform and then there's me with my afghan and gin-ormous wedges with a newspaper type print all over them.. Wot style eh!? :cheeky:

I remember Tabu! Very very strong. Mate used that - plus afghan coat. We were 15 in 1973. I was not allowed afghan coat - mum would not allow cos of pen and ink - and my mate was the ultimate in cool. Was always envious of her!

Ahem snuffles....I loved Tabu as well...and Estee Lauder's Youth Dew. We did like a pong in those days didn't we?

Don't get me started on the 70s:wave2:The best decade ever.
Calico, we used to cut our jeans (do you remember Loons?) up the side and put in the biggest bits of material ever!! lol:flower:
Talking of perfume, does anyone remember Aqua Manda? It was wonderful, a 2 coloured liquid that was a citrusy smell:flower:

Oh Snuffles, I was the same age but my pocket money when towards records and a leather jacket I saved up for. I paid money into the shop until it was fully paid, took months.

Rozzy, yes I used to drown myself in Aqua Manda. Perhaps that is the reason I hate orange smelling things now. I loved Coty Wild Musk Oil, infact I have a bottle in the drawer. A friend had to send it from the US, and you can't get the oil in the UK now.

I remember Loons, never wore them. Tie dying your jeans in the bath with household bleach.:tongue2: Or even trying to strink them by wearing them in the bath.

I liked Aqua Manda but really loved Meadowsong...I guess it would smell quite synthetic now but then it really smelt like grass and flowers to me

Heheheh! This has brought back so many memories! Aqua Manda, my 'signature scent' :giggle: Afghan coats, I was never allowed to have one. I remember our local branch of Chelsea Girl had to close down for fumigation when a shipment of Afghan coats arrived and they were hopping with fleas!
Aaaah, the 70's, a great time to be a teen ...

Having read some more on her website about LE's new fragrance, I am seriously tempted, but I have emailed to ask for a sample first. I don't want to get lumbered with a 50ml bottle in case it's not right for me. (But it sounds as if it will be :happy:)

Think I'll ask for a sample as well. I've had a mailshot through this morning and would have thought they'd have put one in there!

I would buy a bottle if I liked it. If they don't want to go to the expense of samples they could at least offer sample cards like they do in magazines just so you can get the general idea if not try the actual scent.

Oh my goodness!! I so remember putting Levis in a bath of bleach and talking of that musk oil, I'd forgotten that, it was so strong, a black and white bottle I think, I think they did 2 fragrances in the same line, musk and ........I can't remember.Musk was supposed to make men fall down at your feet:tongue2::tongue2:
Listening to radio Luxembourg in the bath and trying in vain to tune it in.........I could go on and on:flower:

Oh my goodness!! I so remember putting Levis in a bath of bleach and talking of that musk oil, I'd forgotten that, it was so strong, a black and white bottle I think, I think they did 2 fragrances in the same line, musk and ........I can't remember.Musk was supposed to make men fall down at your feet:tongue2::tongue2:
Listening to radio Luxembourg in the bath and trying in vain to tune it in.........I could go on and on:flower:

Haha, yes, I had to hang my radio out of the bathroom window to get any signal at all, and it used to come and go in waves! It used to cost a fortune in batteries.
Kids these days have no idea tut ...

Happy days girls, happy days.

I remember loons well. If you had to rush for the bus you were in danger of twisting yourself up like string of sausages!

XXXXXXXXXX

Latest posts

Back